Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tried this game out?

CliveClive Member Posts: 65
http://www.betawatcher.com/game.aspx?gameid=239

MMORPG.com lets a lot of games slip through the cracks I see.

* Massively multiplayer persistent world inhabited by NPCs and players

* Seven playable cultures   with unique skill-sets and hybrids

* 3D world with battlefield, quest, dungeon and puzzle environments

* Quest, Vendor, Recruitor and Factional Support NPCs

* Advanced twitch/skill-based ranged and melee combat system

* Ruthless AI will roam, patrol, stalk and defend faction targets

* Factional NPCs engage in ongoing war

* Vehicles for transport and combat

* Zone to Zone travel

* Character/Account Creation

Ruin Online is in open beta for those who are over 18 and sign the NDA.

Comments

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121

Only saw the screenshots and I plan on joining in like 7 hours after I get back from work.

Thanks Clive for the heads up.

Lead with your face and role with the punches.

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358
    Thanks for the heads up, I've applied for beta right away.

Unfortunately, there is still a NDA so I might not be allowed to post a review. That is, if I get invited to the beta at all 

• poizenviperpoizenviper Member Posts: 67
    hmm, ill wait for a review. I dont care to beta many games. SWG, was only other game i even wanted to beta, So ill save my BETA love for FALLEN EARTH ,   hope this gets me some suck up points..

Well, even if Grim or me get permission to review it, don't expect it to be perfect. Beta is a time for working out bugs, not for complaining about them. Unless you are two weeks from release and the game still is full of bugs...then you can expect a buggy release and complain about it. 

• maxantomaxanto Member Posts: 778
    I dont know. The graphics do not look at all as good as FE's do. I may try it but IMHO comparing the 2 from what I see FE FTW!
  • sinothsinoth Member Posts: 175
    It would be silly to compare the two... I don't think Clive ever intended this to be an alternative to FE, but rather something to whet our appetite until the Fall.

http://www.fallenearth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information

Synoth said it. No comparison. This is just a layover on the path to righteousness.

whoops

*SINOTH*

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

Originally posted by Rabiator
    Thanks for the heads up, I've applied for beta right away.

Unfortunately, there is still a NDA so I might not be allowed to post a review. That is, if I get invited to the beta at all 

Eh, we won't tell on ya if you break the NDA. Hell I broke the NDA about Jump to Lightspeed and no one did anything. From first impressions, this looks like Anarchy Online for the Post-Apoc Earth. The graphics, HUD, and basic descripion of the game. Could be good for a bit as Sinoth said, it will whet our appetite...

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

Well, if I promised not to blab, I won't. It also looks like I didn't get in for Beta phase 2, so I can't break the NDA for now anyway. But I can tell you one thing I picked up on the forum:
    Combat is FPS style, at least for now. That makes the game extra interesting to me, and I hope to get into Beta phase 3. There is now a pre-register  group for Beta 3 on the BrokeAss forum, so I guess they plan to increase the tester pool in the future. 

• StedfastStedfast Member Posts: 101
    Hmm, I think I shall wait for Fallen Earth
  • SlagathorSlagathor Member Posts: 37

Clive,

This one hasn't slipped through the cracks. It's just not ready to be on the slate yet. It's still so early in development. I hope that these guys can get the game out though and sincerely wish them the best. It'd be nice to see some local boys make good.

I know many of their staff members. One of them is one of my best friends and another one is someone I wouldn't pee on if he was on fire.

I've thought about signing up for the beta. I should get a decent ping if the server's only a few blocks away, huh?

• CliveClive Member Posts: 65
    I think it would be pretty easy to get a beta account if you know the guys, of course there's that whole NDA thing so none of us could hear about it.