Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Fortnite Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageFirst Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Fortnite Videos - MMORPG.com

Fortnite is the definition of genre bender, and since it just hit Early Access, TheHiveLeader is there! Can he survive the onslaught of (ZOMBIES) husks? Of course he can't. But he's gonna darn well try.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    "Love the game. Hate the menus."

Great BDO review!

Wait ... what?
    BillMurphy

You stay sassy!

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    I love this guys reviews. Still makes me laugh...
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Fun, but complicated. Have to level everything. Ugh!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• HunctucavetoHunctucaveto Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Pinata's (sigh), deal killer.
    psychosiz1
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305
    While the excessive menus seem overwhelming at first this is the much MUCH needed part of games that allow for extended play by people who pour hundreds of hours into these gamesand the complexity that nearly every game is missing now.

So deal with it or errm go play wow hit for same 5 buttons in the same order over and over and over and over again.

Complexity = good
    cookie cutter simplicity = bad/boring

We need games to return to complexity.
    Samhaelesc-joconnor
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    mmrv said:
    While the excessive menus seem overwhelming at first this is the much MUCH needed part of games that allow for extended play by people who pour hundreds of hours into these gamesand the complexity that nearly every game is missing now.

So deal with it or errm go play wow hit for same 5 buttons in the same order over and over and over and over again.

Complexity = good

It isn't complexity, its poor design. There's a difference.
    psychosiz1bamwallaesc-joconnorExcession

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Yet another funny video. I'm of two minds on Fortnite. The game play looks fun, but I'd really hate to have to deal with the endless menus.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    mmrv said:

Complexity = good

It isn't complexity, its poor design. There's a difference.
    So true.  Its a complete turn off
    Excession
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    One major bad design idea>>>the way you destruct stuff is very generic and the same.swing spam until object is destroyed.

hfztt said:

His act is very old,he uses the same persona in every single video.It is like a comedian using the same jokes at every venue,it gets old.
    Obviously we all have our preferences,he obviously wants a simpleton Moba or ARPG where you only need to focus on one idea,personally more menus means more depth,means more effort done by the developer.it does not mean a guarantee to a better game,but doing far less does mean no chance at a great game.
    One other idea i can't stand in games>>>points/trees,it is a really bad FAKE idea.People think points are actually doing something,the developer will NEVER allow you to do anything that breaks the game or makes you OP.

One very big misconception....WILL BE F2P,,,it will be CASH SHOP pushed not FREE.When someone mentions free to play,the intention is to play the game as intended and not some scaled down FREE version.it will NEVER be a free game where everyone can play for free with no cash shop.
    BananaSoupTaneonNomadMorlockNyghthowlerSamhaelExcession

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Still it is one of the better offerings in the market of late.I sift through all of Steam ,takes about an hour and i see nothing i want to buy or play that i haven't already got.SO if i was to bu ya game right now,very good chance it would be Fortnite.
    Excession

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    edited August 2017

Wizardry said:

One major bad design idea>>>the way you destruct stuff is very generic and the same.swing spam until object is destroyed.

hfztt said:

His act is very old,he uses the same persona in every single video.It is like a comedian using the same jokes at every venue,it gets old.

You just described yourself and your constant whining.
    ForgrimmNomadMorlockNyghthowlerTamanousSamhaelExcession
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Wizardry said:

hfztt said:

Same persona? Lol, after years I think it's safe to say that just Hive. As an individual I think it safe to say he's a lot more entertaining than you. Who are you again? Never mind. Really not interested in knowing more.
    Nyghthowler
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Mmmm toilet bacon
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    you guys are exactly what is wrong with the mmo community.  You can't even have a single discussion about a single game without it degenerating into a personal shitpost about each other within ten posts.  I see it all over this site and it makes me sad.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766

bamwalla said:

Mmmm toilet bacon

It's sad :(