Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky - Tips For Starting Out - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageNo Man's Sky - Tips For Starting Out - MMORPG.com

These days, I’m often looking for something relaxing to play, so I decided that, in light of the recently deployed Atlas Rising update, No Man’s Sky might be worth another look. Gamers seem to be receiving the update well (No Man’s Sky has finally achieved Mostly Positive on Steam reviews as a result), and it’s clear that Hello Games has been fleshing the game out with a series of significant updates over the past year.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I haven't purchased the game yet, but was planning on doing so eventually. I just missed-out on a No Man's Sky recent Steam sale so I'll wait longer till the next sale opportunity. I remember reading/hearing about the initial launch's negative reviews, but every game can improve itself if a team behind it has the intent to do so. I hope this is the case with this game.
    Nickhead420Tokken
  • RufusUORufusUO Member UncommonPosts: 37
    edited August 2017
    Edited to delete, oops!
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Torval said:
    This article has been super helpful to me. I am feeling totally lost and a little overwhelmed. The tips are great and give me something concrete to develop my strategy with.

So those little floaty scanners can eventually be farmed? How dangerous is that and what are the consequences?
    Sentinels /can/ be good sources of zinc and nanites.  Zinc keeps you shields up.  Nanites are used to buy many equipment recipes at space stations.  

I'm trying to avoid game play and story spoilers. You'll learn more about Sentinels through lore and your experiences.
    [Deleted User]
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
    edited August 2017
    Luckily I stayed away during launch or I would have been one of the pissed off masses and probably a nasty troll, but picked it up last week as it was on sale on steam for a bargin price and I have to admit so far so good I am enjoying it. Thank you for the story/ guide it will help this noob a lot.
    MikeB

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    i put about 30-35 hours into this game on release and i still enjoyed it, most ppl just lost it due to Hello games lies/no multiplayer fiasco. im tempted to jump in again...but how much actual content has been added? i beat the story prior to base building and these updates
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Torval said:
    Grunty said:
    Torval said:
    This article has been super helpful to me. I am feeling totally lost and a little overwhelmed. The tips are great and give me something concrete to develop my strategy with.

So those little floaty scanners can eventually be farmed? How dangerous is that and what are the consequences?
    Sentinels /can/ be good sources of zinc and nanites.  Zinc keeps you shields up.  Nanites are used to buy many equipment recipes at space stations.  

I'm trying to avoid game play and story spoilers. You'll learn more about Sentinels through lore and your experiences.
    Thanks. Your other tips in the other thread have been very helpful as well.
    Also, don't forget to scan Sentinels for some often amusing descriptions.
    [Deleted User]
    edited August 2017
    i put about 30-35 hours into this game on release and i still enjoyed it, most ppl just lost it due to Hello games lies/no multiplayer fiasco. im tempted to jump in again...but how much actual content has been added? i beat the story prior to base building and these updates
    The article has videos for all 3 of the major updates in it. Those should definitely catch you up on what's been added. TL;DR: Lots more breadth, still unsure on depth.
    Torval said:

They're actually best to farm in the beginning. They're probably the most consistent way to make units when you start out. Maybe wait until you can get the Boltcaster (gun) upgrade for your multitool to farm them hardcore. You can probably do OK farming them with the mining laser, but I haven't really tried it. Might be slow.
    [Deleted User]
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Wauww someone is salty LOL

• ValkyrieValkyrie Member UncommonPosts: 192
    edited August 2017
    I haven't been able to play since 1.3 as the game closes for me now at the Hello Games splash screen. But prior you could make a lot of quick money buy trading resourced between the visitors on a space station. Some sell items at -92% value that other by at regular or prime value. There was that resonator component which is really high priced (so you need at least 100,000 credits or what it was called). You make roughly 50% profit each time meaning with 6-8 slots you could make a LOT of money very fast, just a bit repetitive running between the visitor ships and buying and selling the same thing over and over.

Played: Pretty much any fantasy MMO, some did not even make it to release ...
    Favorites: UO, EQ2, Vanguard, Wurm Online, Salem, ESO, Creativerse
    Playing: ESO, Creativerse, Guild Wars 2
    Anticipating: (sigh) ... maybe Ashes of Creation

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Does this game natively support VR anyone??