Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameforge Announces Open Beta at the End of the Year - Soulworker - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageGameforge Announces Open Beta at the End of the Year - Soulworker - MMORPG.com

Soulworker News - Gameforge has announced that the open beta for Soulworker, its anime-inspired MMO, will begin at the end of 2017 for North American and European players. The game is currently live in South Korea.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    After Kritika and Rusty Hearts, I just can't get excited about another one of these.
    ElvocKyleran

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    After Kritika and Rusty Hearts, I just can't get excited about another one of these.

And Vindictus. And C9. And Dragon Nest. 

The problem isn't really anime instanced CRPG's. It's that modern instanced CRPG's in general are just completely missing the point.

Instances can be used to create interesting challenges and group dynamics. We used to have Guild Wars 1 to show the subgenre how it's done. It used instances to lock skill bars for entire missions, making players consider all encounters in a mission. And then by handcrafting each mission around this challenge, which was complemented by a deep build system, it took the CRPG to the next level.

These days, instanced CRPGs are content to be shallow button mashers based on grinding repeated instances. And that's a shame.
    BillMurphyGdemami
  • NotEvadingTaxFraudNotEvadingTaxFraud Member UncommonPosts: 10
    but this is cuter... so, will give it a try
    Kyleranghoulas
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Could be a great game if they manage not to cut as many corners as Kritika. Vindictus is definitely showing it's age these days too. IMO there is still a chance for this game. I'm just not sure how much work they actually put into the game, which is what will make or break a CORPG game these days. It can't just be decent combat as the only feature anymore.
    NotEvadingTaxFraud
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • nomurahnomurah Member UncommonPosts: 42
    When I remember I was excited to play this game many years ago, I think this game may share the exact same fate as BnS. Minus the "esports" scene that I believe has been its only saving grace. It could end up popular, although I'm certain anyone that was looking forward to it then is now way too busy and out of the loop...
    Gdemami
  • nekavradnekavrad Member CommonPosts: 3
    mind mentioning your source?as I digged and can't find any 'gameforge announcement' anywhere,my bet is you mistaked na/eu server for china server(which is indeed coming this fall)
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    The major problem I have with these is that there are 1-3 minutes of gameplay punctuated by loading screens. Closers is not so bad because the load times aren't long, but Kritika is awful for it. I hate, HATE playing my character for a minute before loading up the town, going to the npc, finishing the quest, going back to the stage selection and loading that up again. It is beyond tedious.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
  • NotEvadingTaxFraudNotEvadingTaxFraud Member UncommonPosts: 10

nekavrad said:

mind mentioning your source?as I digged and can't find any 'gameforge announcement' anywhere,my bet is you mistaked na/eu server for china server(which is indeed coming this fall)

https://corporate.gameforge.com/press-release/soulworker-soon-in-open-beta/?lang=en
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    nomurah said:
    When I remember I was excited to play this game many years ago, I think this game may share the exact same fate as BnS. Minus the "esports" scene that I believe has been its only saving grace. It could end up popular, although I'm certain anyone that was looking forward to it then is now way too busy and out of the loop...

BnS' biggest problem is the cash shop being crazy P2W, and that's coming from someone who reserves that label for maybe 5 games ever.

This, and the story being absolutely hilarious because it's so bad.

The combat is incredible, and the encounter design is very very good.

• nekavradnekavrad Member CommonPosts: 3

nekavrad said:

https://corporate.gameforge.com/press-release/soulworker-soon-in-open-beta/?lang=en

yea my bad,but for my defense they didn't post it yet when this website posted this,when I msged gameforge about this they said they were still in the process of preparing the announcement xD