Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a new mouse

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
edited August 2017 in Hardware
I have a corsair M65 mouse and the right button has started to become unresponsive unless I push deliberately and hold the button down. It is pretty annoying. The mouse is about 3 years old, I liked the mouse but was hoping to get more than 3 years out of it.

Anyone have any suggestions.

I have tried the mice with many buttons on the side but my fat fingers don't work with them very well. I don't like small mice either and wired is preferred. I don't play nearly as many games as I used to. I do play all kinds of games so I don't need a mouse designed for one kind of game, but am not opposed to it.

Also I previously had a RAZER mouse and was not that impressed by it. The price seemed way to high for what I was getting.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:  I am right handed and more of a palm grip person.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Apart from not getting more than 3 years out of it (which, for a gaming mouse daily driver - is not that bad), was there anything you were looking for different than your M65?
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Ridelynn said:
    Apart from not getting more than 3 years out of it (which, for a gaming mouse daily driver - is not that bad), was there anything you were looking for different than your M65?
    Not sure.  I was just wondering what people were using others found superior products.  It seems like the new M65 has lights and it causes the mouse to feel a bit warm.  Not sure that is something I want. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

I have a m65 - a bit over a year old I think. It does have a couple of LEDs on it. Doesn't heat up at all, and you can turn them off with CUE. I like the shape, weight, and L/R click of the m65. The scroll wheel could be tighter. I have to disable the size thumb buttons because they are too sensitive for me and I hit them accidentally a lot. The snipe button is next to useless for me, but it's in a spot that doesn't cause any issues. The coating on the mouse is rough and it actually made my pinky sore where it would rub, but after a year+ of use that coating has worn off in all the offending spots.

Not having found a worthy successor to the old Logitech G5, this has been the nearest best thing I've found to date.

I've not had good luck with Razer but a lot of people swear by them. Logitech quality-wise have been ok but I have to watch out for anything with rubberized coating (which seemed to be nearly everything when I was last mouse hunting a year ago) - after a few months that gets slimy and disgusting and I haven't found any way to clean it.

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    A soldering iron and part number: D2FX-X-XX (NO push-button). It will be 3 contacts through hole. Take your wick and iron, remove the offending part, replace. https://www.omron.com/ecb/products/sw/13/d2f.html

Save yourself a lot of money. (I keep a box of them -- same part number on about every mouse L, R, M3/M4 (M7/M8 on non-windows systems.) 
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I am exactly with Ridelynn. 3 years is pretty good for a mouse. M65 has probably been the best mouse I have used since the Logitech G5.
    I would need to dig deeper to see if one now offers mechanical switches in the mouse.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    You seriously should get down to a store and try out a bunch to see what fits your hand best,

Comfort is the most important thing in my book and since people have different sized hands it is hard to suggest something best for you.
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Cleffy said:
    I am exactly with Ridelynn. 3 years is pretty good for a mouse. M65 has probably been the best mouse I have used since the Logitech G5.
    I would need to dig deeper to see if one now offers mechanical switches in the mouse.
    My MX518 must be a rare breed at at least 17 years old and not showing any sign of slowing down then.
    A rare breed indeed. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    MMOman101 said:

I have tried the mice with many buttons on the side but my fat fingers don't work with them very well. 

I also don't care for the gaming mice with multiple thumb buttons on the side that are arranged like a keypad - it's way too easy to press the wrong button at a critical moment.

But there are many gaming mice now that use different arrangements of thumb buttons that make each one more distinct and easy to distinguish. I prefer these to the ones that spread additional buttons around on top: I want to use my thumb for all or most of the hotbar skills.

I still use a mouse that is now discontinued but you can still pick-up old stock here and there. It's the Cyborg/Madcatz MMO7 mouse. In addition to having 12 distinct thumb actions, 5 of those are on one button that acts like a mini 5 position (up, down, forward, back and in) joystick. 

If you can find one of those somewhere, I highly recommend it

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• LeonardValenciaLeonardValencia Member CommonPosts: 13
    Iselin said:
    MMOman101 said:

I have tried the mice with many buttons on the side but my fat fingers don't work with them very well. 

I also don't care for the gaming mice with multiple thumb buttons on the side that are arranged like a keypad - it's way too easy to press the wrong button at a critical moment.

But there are many gaming mice now that use different arrangements of thumb buttons that make each one more distinct and easy to distinguish. I prefer these to the ones that spread additional buttons around on top: I want to use my thumb for all or most of the hotbar skills.

I still use a mouse that is now discontinued but you can still pick-up old stock here and there. It's the Cyborg/Madcatz MMO7 mouse. In addition to having 12 distinct thumb actions, 5 of those are on one button that acts like a mini 5 position (up, down, forward, back and in) joystick. 

how much is this in the market?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Iselin said:
    MMOman101 said:

how much is this in the market?
    It used to be expensive in the $120 range when it first came out. But if you can find one these days, it'll cost you around $40-$60.

I just wish other current mice would copy that 5-position button design. Once you get used to playing with that for your main 5 abilities, it's tough to go back to another scheme. That thumb wheel is also great for 2 abilities: clockwise and counter,
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I always found the thumb buttons on the RAT7 to be annoying. I also had some issues with the sensor wandering on it.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Yeah the rat7/mmo7 has lots of quality issues.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    edited August 2017
    I'm using Logitech G502 atm and I'm very happy. I'd recommend it :smile:

Edit: Your hand is similar to mine so seriously you should try G502