Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG question

Oke all..I am new to all this MMORPG. The most annoying this is that you have to pay to play the game. First you have to buy the game for a massive price and then a monthly fee to play it.

My question is that when you buy a game that has online capabilities doe you have to play it online or can you also play it multiplay with a friend or so... ?

And are there games that you can play online for free. ?

There are times that I liek to play games and times I do not. I do not want to pay for a month and then play online once !

Comments

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

"First you have to buy the game for a massive price and then a monthly fee to play it."
     The monthly fee is mainly to pay for server costs such as upgrades and repairs.

"My question is that when you buy a game that has online capabilities doe you have to play it online or can you also play it multiplay with a friend or so... ?"  If it's a MMORPG yes u have to play it online

"And are there games that you can play online for free. ?" Yes there are some games that r free to d/l and play, however most of these ask for donations which i would donate too to help the gaming industry, remember even for those games it's costing the developers money to let u play for free. The thing is though if u wan't to play the more recent "good" games then you'll have to pay, unless of course u get into a beta test where it's free but then u meant to be searching for bugs... not playing the game.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Most mmorps cost a monthly fee for maintenance and upkeep. They to have to pay a company for online services just like you for cable , DSL or whatever service provider you use.  However there are a few online games you just have to either download or go buy the product at the store and install with no monthly fees to play.  It might not be your typical mmorpg but Never Winter Nights is free and can either be single player or online with many others in that world.  You have lots of different servers to choose from.  Either PVP, Group PVP, roleplaying, non roleplaying or whatever.  I think you get my point.  You really should surf the web for you options on games and see if its single player,online or whatever.

The choices are yours for the taking, you just have to search and explore to find the right one.  Yes beta testing is another option if you can handle the wipe charaters after wipes, but this is done to test and retest.  If you can handle this, then perhaps beta might be your answer.  Please remember though, your there to help make the product better for release with as little flaws as possible. 

• higgsbosonhiggsboson Member Posts: 296

Guild Wars.

Goto www.guildwars.com

and see what this game has to offer.

This game is my most anticipated game (yes including all other games in different genre) of 2004.

It's being developed by the former architects of Battle.net and blizzard blockbuster titles.

And being published by those who know how to sell MMORPGs even to the most unknown corner of the globe.

• woitawoita Member Posts: 1

Runescape is freeimageimage ( www.runescape.com ). Graphics are not so good. but who cares. Gameplay is the best in a free mmorpg i have ever seen. simple, and pick up and play elements. When i saw it for the first time, i was critical, but now i find it the best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! No fees and no purchases are needed, just go to www.runescape.com

woita

woita

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    Guild Wars, yet another game from NCsoft......... gotta love what that company's doing.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.