Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP Delayed to the August 25th Update, But It's Gonna be BIG - Arcfall - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePvP Delayed to the August 25th Update, But It's Gonna be BIG - Arcfall - MMORPG.com

Arcfall News - The Arcfall site has been updated with a note to let players know that the addition of PvP is being delayed until the August 25th update. In addition, the taming / mount system will be included along with animal farming, guilds, castle plots / construction, a full world map, swimming, new abilities, a new loot system, new mob types, new crafting recipes, fast travel and player-owned vendors.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    albion 0.2?
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

zenomex said:

albion 0.2?

It will never become another Albion Online considering how many AO bugs the team has to reproduce to become a true copy.
    ciely

Thank you for your time!

• PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I'm watching this game with interest. I'm currently playing Albion Online, but if Arcfall can get it's economy and PvP right, then I think it might give Albion a run for its money.

The fact it's going to have consensual PvP (whereas Albion doesn't) is a big selling point in my book.
    ICEBLUEraygdunn
  • NeojacNeojac Member UncommonPosts: 157
    There will be certain situations where PvP will be forced on you for 30 min if you are greedy or do something bad like stealing, no matter what your Karma is at. But it will be your choice still. Just the rewards might be worth it. Or if you see a dead body laying there from another player, the urge to take his stuff might be to big.
    Thunder073

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yeah looks like Albion and i WISH...PRAY that developers would quit ruining immersion with stuff like nameplates,i don't need to see Brown chicken over the head of the brown chicken.If i want to learn/understand a npc then i would click it but nameplates littering the screen are just so 1980 and should not be in game anymore.
    ICEBLUEThunder073

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Wizardry said:
    Yeah looks like Albion and i WISH...PRAY that developers would quit ruining immersion with stuff like nameplates,i don't need to see Brown chicken over the head of the brown chicken.If i want to learn/understand a npc then i would click it but nameplates littering the screen are just so 1980 and should not be in game anymore.
      Trying to think of any game that doesnt have the option to turn Names off ... Having a hard time with that ... Most do
    Phry
    We will be adding that option to turn names off into Arcfall for sure as its a players preference what he wants to see.
    Thunder073

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Pesky said:
    I'm watching this game with interest. I'm currently playing Albion Online, but if Arcfall can get it's economy and PvP right, then I think it might give Albion a run for its money.

The fact it's going to have consensual PvP (whereas Albion doesn't) is a big selling point in my book.
    What game ever gets PVP right?
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited August 2017
    well if this game takes as long to develop as AO did, not sure how big this team is looking at acouple years till launch
    Our aim has been to get out of pre-alpha by October and Alpha by January 2018 and full release mid next year. As we have been making faster progress than expected we will be moving out of pre-alpha on the next update on the 25 August which means there is a good chance we will have our full release in early next year.

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com

Are the servers down atm Neojac?
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Scorchien said:
    Are the servers down atm Neojac?
    Server is online.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
     They are not forcing PvP on players?   Weird, nowadays so many games don't give you a choice.  Need to check this out after this big update. 
    flizzer said:
     They are not forcing PvP on players?   Weird, nowadays so many games don't give you a choice.  Need to check this out after this big update. 
    If you played Ultima Online before, you're surely like this game :) and if you did not, be sure to check it out and join dicord channel for further questions you will have.
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328

flizzer said:

If you played Ultima Online before, you're surely like this game :) and if you did not, be sure to check it out and join dicord channel for further questions you will have.

I know it's early still but what is the playerbase like in terms of how many people are on at any given time?
    collekt said:

flizzer said:

I know it's early still but what is the playerbase like in terms of how many people are on at any given time?
    I'd say that right now, not that much cause everyone is waiting for new patch update and there will be a wipe. So you can wait to see the playerbase in 25th of this month. Cause i bought this game couple of days ago i don't have idea on how many player plays this game.
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328

collekt said:

flizzer said:

I'd say that right now, not that much cause everyone is waiting for new patch update and there will be a wipe. So you can wait to see the playerbase in 25th of this month. Cause i bought this game couple of days ago i don't have idea on how many player plays this game.

Ah okay, yea I was going to wait until then to really look at it but was just curious. Are you liking it so far? I'm an old school UO player, had high hopes for Albion Online but really didn't like the direction they went with that game. Hoping this one will be more my style.

collekt said:

collekt said:

flizzer said:

Ah okay, yea I was going to wait until then to really look at it but was just curious. Are you liking it so far? I'm an old school UO player, had high hopes for Albion Online but really didn't like the direction they went with that game. Hoping this one will be more my style.

Well right now i really like it tho i don't want to invest time in it cause there will be a wipe with the new patch coming. My only wish is that the playerbase would expend a lot more than we are right now :)
    Thx for the help getting my acct sorted Neojac , got in game and ran thru the initial starter area and tutorial .. As a 20 year UO vet im looking forward to testing your game out , But also am going to wait till the update on the 25th ..see you then
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Does this game have any sort of character development and character building? I am not into games without caps or games where everyone is exactly like everyone else besides equipment like Albion Online and games of that ilk. UO has character builds and caps.

blamo2000 said:

Does this game have any sort of character development and character building? I am not into games without caps or games where everyone is exactly like everyone else besides equipment like Albion Online and games of that ilk. UO has character builds and caps.

Yes you build your characters skills up by doing things with it like Swordsman Skill will increase every time you swing a sword. There is around 24 different skills right now and more being added. Skill levels of a skill unlocks abilities. Each skill can go up to a max of 1000 points and you can have a max of 7000 points in total for all skills together so you can only dabble in a few skills to max to build a character or in many skills at a much lower level which makes every build different dependent on what type of character you want. You can lock,unlock or set skills to go down on the fly.
    YashaXThunder073blamo2000

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    This looks like a really promising start, keep up the good work!
  • Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    I cant stand games with inherent level (or skill) caps. The second I log in to a game and realize I can no longer progress my character's stats or abilities, I'm done playing that game. Tired of end game gear only advancement. If this is their stance on progression Albion will crush them.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I cant stand games with inherent level (or skill) caps. The second I log in to a game and realize I can no longer progress my character's stats or abilities, I'm done playing that game. Tired of end game gear only advancement. If this is their stance on progression Albion will crush them.

You mean that broken game with forced PvP that almost nobody plays?  Sure, sure it will
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Neojac said:

blamo2000 said:

Yes you build your characters skills up by doing things with it like Swordsman Skill will increase every time you swing a sword. There is around 24 different skills right now and more being added. Skill levels of a skill unlocks abilities. Each skill can go up to a max of 1000 points and you can have a max of 7000 points in total for all skills together so you can only dabble in a few skills to max to build a character or in many skills at a much lower level which makes every build different dependent on what type of character you want. You can lock,unlock or set skills to go down on the fly.

Thank you for the explanation. It is great to hear there will be skill cap totals and character builds. I truly hate games where every character can max everything making everyone exactly the same.