Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Sale anywhere?

MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
I remember a time when it was just $9.99.

Got a friend interested now that mounts are coming, but he's only willing to spend $9.99, and then if he sticks with it he says he would then buy the expansions.

Does anyone know of a site that offers it for $9.99 currently? I can't find it for that anywhere?

Thanks.

Comments

• Mr_And3rssonMr_And3rsson Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Margrave said:
    I remember a time when it was just $9.99.

Got a friend interested now that mounts are coming, but he's only willing to spend $9.99, and then if he sticks with it he says he would then buy the expansions.

Does anyone know of a site that offers it for $9.99 currently? I can't find it for that anywhere?

Thanks.
    They merged the base game with the first expansion (Heart of thorns) claiming that new players would get the base game for "free" that way when they bought the expansion. To my knowledge you can't buy the base game separate anymore.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited August 2017
    Base game is still free to play, just create an account download the game and you try the first part of the new expansion for free this weekend, rest of vanilla game are free.
    If he enjoy the game he can buy the expansion full price and get heart of Thorn as well plus all the benefits from vanilla
    Post edited by Maurgrim on
    [Deleted User]
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Thank you.
  • skidesaarskidesaar Member CommonPosts: 1
    Maurgrim said:
    Base game is still free to play, just create an account download the game and you try the first part of the new expansion for free this weekend, rest of vanilla game are free.
    If he enjoy the game he can buy the expansion full price and get heart of Thorn as well plus all the benefits from vanilla
    Im sorry, but this is NOT true.. if you buy the path of fire expansion, you WONT get heart of thorns for free... i just tried :(
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    skidesaar said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Im sorry, but this is NOT true.. if you buy the path of fire expansion, you WONT get heart of thorns for free... i just tried :(
    From what I remember about the introduction video they said they will offer a discounted bundle for both expansion together.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • iGumballStariGumballStar Member UncommonPosts: 106
    skidesaar said:
    Maurgrim said:

You need to buy the bundle to get both.
    Path of Fire + HoT = 50 dollars (full price for the entire game)
    If you already own Hot or if you simply don't want it, you get a 20 dollars discount hence getting the game for 30 dollars.

If you have already bought PoF and missed the chance to get HoT in the bundle you can contact ArenaNet to fix that for you, they have a very helpful costumer support; assuming that you actually want to buy HoT bundeled.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    just wait 1 month after release, pretty sure it will go 4.99
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    exile01 said:
    just wait 1 month after release, pretty sure it will go 4.99
    Your comments about this game are always just plain hateful, wrong and not helpful at all.
    DarkGulrakNephethgrimal
    Harbinger of Fools
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    You can buy HoT for $12.80 and PoF for $26.40 on cdkeys.com

Not a bad price at all for both expansions.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Cotic said:

Never heard of this site. Sounds shady. OP just buy it through the official channels. If your account is ever compromised it's easier to recover.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Oddly enough, I am truly hoping this expansion accomplishes what HoT did not. I might buy it.
    Laedermasken
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Tiller said:
    Cotic said:

Never heard of this site. Sounds shady. OP just buy it through the official channels. If your account is ever compromised it's easier to recover.
    It is shady as hell. It's a 3rd party CD Key site that sells keys bought through stolen credit cards as a money laundering scheme.   Polygon did an in-depth look at those kinds of sites a year or so back and nothing looked good.

Plus, it's $29.99 for the basic PoF version and $19.99 for the basic HoT version. Is it really worth possibly having your account compromised, credit card info stolen, and money lost over a lousy savings of $10.78?

• braamerbraamer Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Siphaed said:
    Tiller said:
    Cotic said:

It is shady as hell. It's a 3rd party CD Key site that sells keys bought through stolen credit cards as a money laundering scheme.   Polygon did an in-depth look at those kinds of sites a year or so back and nothing looked good.

Plus, it's $29.99 for the basic PoF version and $19.99 for the basic HoT version. Is it really worth possibly having your account compromised, credit card info stolen, and money lost over a lousy savings of $10.78?
    cd.keys is a good site, not like some of the others. I've had no issues with them.
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    I have bought gems from sites like instant gaming, kinguin amongst others and never had a problem.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders