Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Familiar Yet Different - The PS4 Version is a 'Must Try' - Marvel Heroes Omega Review - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Torval said:

Torval said:

The thing about most ARPGs is you can set difficulty as easy or hard as you like. If you want to facetank it all you can, but crank it up to Torment/Nightmare/whatever and you're not going to facetank anything. Otherwise we'd all have hardcore characters with flushed out achievs.

You can facetank a lot of open world stuff in this game but you can also always find a challenge if you want.

ARPGs are a perfect fit for consoles. Victor Vran is a dream to play on both mouse/keyboard or controller. It can be done.

Simply ramping up damage and HP values for mobs does not equate to more engaging combat. The system itself is bare-bones and extremely simplistic.

It bores me, but I get why sometimes it can be good mindless fun to just run around and bash shit.
    Ramping up the difficulty in Victor Vran or Diablo 3 isn't a matter of just hitpoint increases though. The hexes in Victor Vran allow you to tailor the difficulty and when ramping up the difficulty in D3 the bosses and mobs have more aggressive mechanics and AI.

In either case, I was playing D3 on the highest possible difficulty for a brand new player.  You have to unlock the others, and it wasn't impressive.

For Marvel Heroes?  I played for a few hours and got the same impression.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Torval said:

Torval said:

The thing about most ARPGs is you can set difficulty as easy or hard as you like. If you want to facetank it all you can, but crank it up to Torment/Nightmare/whatever and you're not going to facetank anything. Otherwise we'd all have hardcore characters with flushed out achievs.

You can facetank a lot of open world stuff in this game but you can also always find a challenge if you want.

ARPGs are a perfect fit for consoles. Victor Vran is a dream to play on both mouse/keyboard or controller. It can be done.

Simply ramping up damage and HP values for mobs does not equate to more engaging combat. The system itself is bare-bones and extremely simplistic.

It bores me, but I get why sometimes it can be good mindless fun to just run around and bash shit.
    Ramping up the difficulty in Victor Vran or Diablo 3 isn't a matter of just hitpoint increases though. The hexes in Victor Vran allow you to tailor the difficulty and when ramping up the difficulty in D3 the bosses and mobs have more aggressive mechanics and AI.

In either case, I was playing D3 on the highest possible difficulty for a brand new player.  You have to unlock the others, and it wasn't impressive.

For Marvel Heroes?  I played for a few hours and got the same impression.
    Really the only major change from difficulty to difficulty aside from damage and health pools are affixes which, from what I'm to understand, are also big in D3. 

Nothing else changes much,  sometimes mob density.. but overall the difficulty does increase.  New mechanics for harder difficulties isn't common in most games.  It doesnt' change much here but the affixes can add a lot of different mechanics that ... while not making much sense for certain villains (like ice casings for pyro) it does change gameplay a bit.

Really the danger room scenarios have a lot of potential and interesting challenges,  if it wasn't for the fact that they are completely unrewarding. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

The game was never very popular and when Marvel realized it never would be, they bailed Gazillion out on the condition that people like Brevik and Doomsaw, who meant to keep the game community-based and F2P, get the boot.

Boy, you sure are good at making stuff up. That's not true at all LOL.