Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earlier is now?

francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
"Community-driven development is all about

listening to what players want.

We're trying to build great games. Ultimately, customers are gonna decide that.

And our games,

we'll release them earlier

and we're gonna get feedback."

JamesGoblin

Comments

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    The gif is lagging so hard o,o
    JamesGoblin
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Sounds like an early warning they'll go through the now almost standard early release cycle, and only for the bargain price of $49.99.

;)

francis_baudAzaron_Nightblade

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Community-driven development is all about listening to what players want.

If developers designed a game based on 'feedback' from posters on this forum or from reddit/r/mmorpg; the game would be an unplayable hot mess.

Azaron_NightbladeTsiya
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    Community-driven development is all about listening to what players want.

If developers designed a game based on 'feedback' from posters on this forum or from reddit/r/mmorpg; the game would be an unplayable hot mess.

Yea I think that it's important for the designers / producers to have a clear idea of where they're going, and then get feedback from the community to figure out the best way to implement the original ideas. Rather than making big changes based on the feedback of a limited number of fans (i.e. the early followers emotionally invested in the project) who are not necessarily representative of the targeted audience. 
    JamesGoblin
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Kyleran said:
    Sounds like an early warning they'll go through the now almost standard early release cycle, and only for the bargain price of $49.99.

;)

Yep! They've basically just confirmed they'll be doing EA.
    Which is indeed becoming the standard. And let's face it, dev studios would be nuts not to do it. In part because of, yes, the community feedback... and more importantly to them, if the project does turn out to be a complete and utter failure - their losses go way down compared to making a full fledged MMO and watching that crash and burn.
    tinoberserkKyleranAlomar

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Kyleran said:

;)

Yep! They've basically just confirmed they'll be doing EA.
    Which is indeed becoming the standard. And let's face it, dev studios would be nuts not to do it. In part because of, yes, the community feedback... and more importantly to them, if the project does turn out to be a complete and utter failure - their losses go way down compared to making a full fledged MMO and watching that crash and burn.
    I have no real issue with early access unless it's way too early just to raise capital or extends for an unreasonably long period which preferably would be no more than 6-12 months.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    New World seems to be starting development, just a few assets shown until now, but waiting to see a proper big company who has resources to handle then dev of one new MMO.

Keep poking in time to time to see what they bring up :)