Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limited Online Co-Op Added in Atlas Rises Update - No Man's Sky - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageLimited Online Co-Op Added in Atlas Rises Update - No Man's Sky - MMORPG.com

No Man's Sky News - Hello Games has released a brand new trailer and information about the large update called Atlas Rises. The content expansion is expected to launch later today. There are a lot of big things coming with Atlas Rises, most notably a limited online cooperative mode called Joint Exploration.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    Holy crap this looks actually very cool.
    blorpykinsOyjord
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This is why it pays to wait sometimes to buy a game. They are some good improvements.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yeah, a re review might be in order.
    [Deleted User]Phryklash2defLeFantomeKimo

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    any site to buy this for 10$ or 15$ maybe I try :D

l2p

• ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    edited August 2017
    all these crappy games these days flooding the market... the late 1990's and early 2000's were the greatest time for MMORPG's
    Gilnidor
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    still think its to early for a re review sounds like u can chat with friends now in game thats about it, good first step but has some work to go
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

klash2defbartoni33FreelancerND

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• m1tchkm1tchk Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited August 2017

Nilden said:

its just one big joke to him huh, hope this fails, burns to the group, and someone sues that lying moron again
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Torval said:
    Stizzled said:
    So, it's like Fable 2's multiplayer, where other players were little green orbs floating around. I don't really see the point, and I'm sure most others won't either.

"This isn't the kind of multiplayer we wanted" will be the new whine, since they can no longer claim that it has no multiplayer. It's still cool to hate on NMS, the haters will never be happy.
    That's going to be true, in my opinion, for almost every indie and crowdfunded game that releases now. No matter what shape Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are in, it will never be good enough. Look at the freaks that flock to the sota threads still. Watch Pantheon, CU, Ashes, Crowfall, etc.

To me it doesn't feel like a $60 game. It feels like a $30 game that should be on sale for $15 periodically. I think it's probably a fine game, but the value isn't there for me. I paid between $10 - $15 for Civ 5, Skyrim, and Borderlands 2 and they offer a lot of value for the cost. Then again I haven't bought Fallout 4 for the same reason so it's not just this game.
    I suspect that once Sony became involved, the retail price for NMS was never going to be low. Sony would demand their pound of flesh, so to speak. Playstation exclusives are seldom allowed to be bargain-binned, it damages the brand.

Kudos to Hello Games for releasing another free update though. I can't imagine what their morale must have been like in the months after launch...
  • grumbagzgrumbagz Member UncommonPosts: 35

Piscore said:

any site to buy this for 10$ or 15$ maybe I try :D

It's 60% off here https://www.greenmangaming.com/?tap_a=1964-996bbb&tap_s=83873-352484
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Sean Murray and Peter Molyneux from the Fable/Black and White series have a lot in common.. i remember reading somewhere they are actually neighbors and good friends. I gotta find the article but this would explain a lot if Sean is getting advice from Peter.

I am not one of those people who wishes a company shuts down because they messed up.. that creates tons of hardships for people. I do hope they are able to deliver ALL the things they promised to people, there is no way to cut it, Hello Games/Sean lied to us and deserved all the hate they got. They have to take big steps if they want to win that consumer trust back.. This is a step in the right direction yes but not enough for me to return personally. I applaud them for continuing/trying to fix their wrongs though.

Let me also say NMS isnt a BAD game, its just not the game they promised. I feel like this would have turned out really differently if they said "HEY this game is in Alpha and we hope to add ABC to it but you can play now as we continue to develop it." and make it a 30$ price tag not 60$.

For myself and my friends to return they need to add the things they promised.. IE: Different Ships, Crafting (fix it), Day/Night Cycles (true it), Multiplayer (add it wtf are the orbs).. to name a few
    bartoni33
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    our universe is so fucking big that people will NEVER meet each other!
    wait wait wait. we never said they COULD meet each other! they just fucking won't!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• FreelancerNDFreelancerND Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited August 2017

Stizzled said:

The team and their families got literal death threats over this, Sean go the worst of it. That was not deserved in any way.

Death threats upon dumbest of reasons are a thing nowadays it seems. Jim Sterling even made a vid on it some time ago.
    Threats aside, maybe (just maybe) Sean should have shut the fuck up or spoke only about things which he knew will be in the game, and not about things the game will not have? That is the main reason of hate, not because game was delivered raw and unfinished, that is granted from an indie dev, but because they blatantly lied and constantly fueled the hype with that lie. No wonder that hype train ended up hitting them hard.
    But, I can only respect what they did after this fiasco, i.e. continued to work hard on the game. It takes balls. And if they were given this 8-12 months of extra development and game released as it is now... That would be totally other story.
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I don't know why these guys are still trying. I mean its nice to see I guess. When I dropped the big bones on the game I wanted to enjoy and love it the first time I got it. Not years and years down the road see things I wanted there to be the first time and re buy it. It just cant work that way.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited August 2017
    Stizzled said:
    klash2def said:
    Sean Murray and Peter Molyneux from the Fable/Black and White series have a lot in common.. i remember reading somewhere they are actually neighbors and good friends. I gotta find the article but this would explain a lot if Sean is getting advice from Peter.

I am not one of those people who wishes a company shuts down because they messed up.. that creates tons of hardships for people. I do hope they are able to deliver ALL the things they promised to people, there is no way to cut it, Hello Games/Sean lied to us and deserved all the hate they got. They have to take big steps if they want to win that consumer trust back.. This is a step in the right direction yes but not enough for me to return personally. I applaud them for continuing/trying to fix their wrongs though.

Let me also say NMS isnt a BAD game, its just not the game they promised. I feel like this would have turned out really differently if they said "HEY this game is in Alpha and we hope to add ABC to it but you can play now as we continue to develop it." and make it a 30$ price tag not 60$.

For myself and my friends to return they need to add the things they promised.. IE: Different Ships, Crafting (fix it), Day/Night Cycles (true it), Multiplayer (add it wtf are the orbs).. to name a few
    The team and their families got literal death threats over this, Sean go the worst of it. That was not deserved in any way.

Same for the game, it's review scores are total bullshit. People negatively reviewed the game based not on what is in it but on what wasn't in it. The game should have been reviewed on it's own merits, again all of the hate was not deserved.

Criticism is fine and they certainly got a lot of that and deserved it. But, the amount of hate a bile that the gaming community threw at this game and the developers was completely unwarranted. People acted as if this was the first time features were ever promised or talked about at length before release that weren't in the final game.

I think Hello Games has done plenty to make up for it already. They've proven that they're committed to releasing everything that was most likely cut because it wasn't going to be ready for release, and they're doing it for free just as they should. It's about time the gaming community give these guys a fucking break if you ask me.

As for your last paragraph on what would bring you back. You should look into what's been released in the three big updates. They've reworked the ships, and added a new type to go along with the new race, crafting is much better with nanites and base building, and I'm pretty sure they aren't going to stop at orbs with multiplayer. There's a story reason of why we can now see these glitches (other players) and I'm sure that in future updates the glitches will get worse (more interaction, actual avatars, etc.). That's just my prediction though.

If none of that is good enough to bring you back then it's likely that the game just isn't for you. 
    right.. except they made a ton of money based on promising people stuff that wasnt in the game. Stop pretending like there isnt a difference between saying "we want to put this thing in the game." and "we for sure have this thing in the game." Murray was lying. He took folks money based on lies and that's what people were upset about. 

Let me clarify what I meant by hate too, I didnt say they deserved death threats, I didnt mention that, you did, I even said I didnt wish for them to shut down like others, so idk why you are inferring that I think its okay for them to get death notes.. I was talking about hate, as in the criticism. They deserved that for not being honest with people. When you go on a national talk show and show "features" and say you can FOR SURE do xyz, best believe people are gonna be pissed when they get your game and cannot do xyz, its actually nothing even close to xyz. Hey I'm all for HG making NMS a good product, more power to em, I'm not against them, but I'm not gonna act like I trust them now all of a sudden because they are doing what they were supposed to do in the first place? We paid, now give us the product we paid for, its simple to me. When did our standards as gamers get so low? I remember paying for a game and getting a full game.. now its like we expect to get shit but we pretend like its not shit because its our only option.. Like I said idt NMS is bad.. Its just not the game promised. I checked out the Atlas Update..improved a little yes still not the game promised.

On "the game isnt for you" comment..nah personally any game I purchase is for me. I esp like survival open world games. I was under the impression of how the game was based on the way it was presented to me..I made my purchase based on that information. the only thing I can compare it to is if Todd Howard showed us the Fallout 4 demo with all the stuff like 2 months out and said "so yea you can craft weapons/Armor in Fallout 4"..let say that's the main reason I got the game.. i get the game and I cant craft armor or weapons matter of fact crafting isn't in the game at all..

So again, I'll wait for them to fix it, but rn no i'm not willing to play it in the unfinished state. I'm not a fan of alphas or betas, I want the full thing since I paid full price. If they EVER add all the amazing things Murray said then yea for sure, Maybe I'm alone in that but so be it. Rather play Conan Exiles or The Long Dark to get my open world survival fix..
    TalonsinCyber_wasteland
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Stizzled said:
    klash2def said:

Same for the game, it's review scores are total bullshit. People negatively reviewed the game based not on what is in it but on what wasn't in it. The game should have been reviewed on it's own merits, again all of the hate was not deserved.

Criticism is fine and they certainly got a lot of that and deserved it. But, the amount of hate a bile that the gaming community threw at this game and the developers was completely unwarranted. People acted as if this was the first time features were ever promised or talked about at length before release that weren't in the final game.

I think Hello Games has done plenty to make up for it already. They've proven that they're committed to releasing everything that was most likely cut because it wasn't going to be ready for release, and they're doing it for free just as they should. It's about time the gaming community give these guys a fucking break if you ask me.

As for your last paragraph on what would bring you back. You should look into what's been released in the three big updates. They've reworked the ships, and added a new type to go along with the new race, crafting is much better with nanites and base building, and I'm pretty sure they aren't going to stop at orbs with multiplayer. There's a story reason of why we can now see these glitches (other players) and I'm sure that in future updates the glitches will get worse (more interaction, actual avatars, etc.). That's just my prediction though.

If none of that is good enough to bring you back then it's likely that the game just isn't for you. 
    Is the game better now?  YES!  Do most games get better over time? YES!  The fact is Sean lied over and over again in nationally televised interviews about things HE KNEW would not be in the game.  Here we are a year later and still no real multiplayer.  Sean most certainly knew they would not be able to get multiplayer up and running by launch if they were still more than a year away form it.  He knowingly lied to sell more games.

While I am glad they are still working on the game and I admit the game is better today than it was at launch, I still feel Sean and the team deserve much of the hate they still receive.  I do not agree with the death threats and am sad that some of my fellow gamers would take things that far. 

If Sean had not run around lying on TV and just released the game at its honest $30 price point, things would be very different now.  But Sean DID lie on TV to sell more games and he made millions doing it.  I think fixing his game is just the first tiny step in earning his and his company's reputation back. 
    klash2def
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Death threads are never appropriate for anything. That doesn't change whether or not someone might deserve other hate for something though.