Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Demonstrable Proof of Zero Tolerance - Catching Gold Sellers - Albion Online Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Torval said:

F2Plague said:

Robbgobb said:

This is a PR thing. I accept that. I also accept that I am glad to see it. I know this is not how they catch them but if they see something and act on it over waiting for everything else then shouldn't that be a good thing. I remember getting items in EQ. I really enjoyed that system though not very efficient. Gold sellers are not going away.

I have known ex-friends who ended up telling me they bought currency. I have known ex-friends who bragged about exploiting games to make big gains. Some were banned and others not. I for sure did not want to stay friends with them. Virtual or physical actions are not separate from the person. I don't trust the "it is online so it is not like I am actually doing something bad".

I have reported people who tell me that stuff. I don't want to deal with it. Bad enough that I have to deal with bots but if I will do my part in reporting when I can even if it means nothing.

You must have a lot of friends. "Virtual or physical actions are not separate from the person" are you insane? You're suggesting that because I like to go on PK frenzies that I am actually a mass murderer in real life? Cause that is literally what you are saying. The things people do in virtual worlds have very little bearing on who they are as a person. Basically all you have told people is "I cant keep a secret and I will rat you out at the drop of a hat cause I value this game world more than any friendship" My lord..  

No, he's suggesting that if you're lying and cheating in the game then it likely plays out similarly in real life. Integrity doesn't disappear or get altered because we're online.

I don't think you can have a true friendship like that. Someone who expects you to lie and take part in their cheating even if it's just excusing or covering it up; that person is not your friend. And if you're a good friend you'll call them on it and set a boundary for what's acceptable in your friendship.

[Deleted User]
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

DMKano said:

Viper482 said:

Anyone who thinks this is not working isn't paying attention to the DDoS attacks that have been occurring in response to it.

Lol no.

Proffesional large scale gold selling businesses never DDOS because that is revenue lost.

Gold sellers are all about making real money, so they need the game to be UP to farm and sell gold, DDOS prevents their operation and the customers buying.

There was a a ransom with the Albion DDOS for bitcoin, this is a known group (known by FBI cyberops that is) that is not tied to gold selling.

And yes FBI has agents assigned for US online video game companies to track attacks, I know that every large us game company has a direct agent contact.

But if the company does a good job of keeping up with the bans and gold sellers keep losing their accounts + stuff then how do they make any money?
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    I think its good to see a company actively hitting people like this in the open. I remember in vanguard they would announce bans and for what publicly. I liked that, of course more on the back end needs to be done but saying is one thing, at least they are showing. Of course we already have Renoaku to vouch they ban people who buy gold. 

I also see fighting gold sellers as a losing battle, every single game I see has them, they are always worse at launch, in EVERY game. There needs to be in game mechanics to help minimalize the need for them. 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I think its good to see a company actively hitting people like this in the open. I remember in vanguard they would announce bans and for what publicly. I liked that, of course more on the back end needs to be done but saying is one thing, at least they are showing. Of course we already have Renoaku to vouch they ban people who buy gold. 

I also see fighting gold sellers as a losing battle, every single game I see has them, they are always worse at launch, in EVERY game. There needs to be in game mechanics to help minimalize the need for them. 
    Actually if the game forbids it, and the company can prove 100% that a person purchased the gold I have no problems with such as the video which clearly shows a person offering to sell them gold, then absolutely I salute them for taking fast action against fraud.

I am just against a game company that falsely bans people even if just 1% of the population getting it wrong when a user actually didn't buy gold using real currency, its simply never happened at least personally with any other game I have played in 17 years, a couple of incidents crossed paths with illegal gold trades, or item trades before but never resulted in any bans for such they just reversed the transactions, with Albion 4.5.1 the rule is that this company will likely accuse you of buying gold even if you just accept currency from someone who is involved in such activiity without knowledge of it, or play the market and sell some items really over priced which are in game mechanics and totally allowed under the EULA.

I can understand if a transaction starts to happen more than once to different parties for example if I purchased gold on the 5th of Janurary, and then next month, or a couple of weeks later and the same actions took place from different people then absolutely its very likely I am purchasing gold illegaly, but this company does this on any "first offense" even when they can't fully back it up, and they already admit they don't want to show actual evidence of any purchase.

I would very much love to see a list of all people in game banned and what they are banned for to be open to the public, as well as the company to step up the bans and ways to prevent "RMT" from being a problem in the first place especially when the game just launched.

GdemamiExcession
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I think Albion Online does a great job at catching buyers and sellers. They might not catch a lot but the ones they do get, ohh boy, those are well worth it wouldn't you say?  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited August 2017
    lahnmir said:
    I think Albion Online does a great job at catching buyers and sellers. They might not catch a lot but the ones they do get, ohh boy, those are well worth it wouldn't you say?  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    When its a video like I saw absolutely, I am just pissed at the 1% or so that are false, but I could not help but laugh at those idiots who got busted red handed lol.

Although I think its more of a PR thing they are doing to try to get a good rep, because other game companies ban just as well such as FFXIV but they don't make it a big open thing like SBI.
    ExcessionGdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Renoaku said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    When its a video like I saw absolutely, I am just pissed at the 1% or so that are false, but I could not help but laugh at those idiots who got busted red handed lol.

Although I think its more of a PR thing they are doing to try to get a good rep, because other game companies ban just as well such as FFXIV but they don't make it a big open thing like SBI.
    One advantage of being a small indie dev is you can have more fun and not be so stiff and formal as a more corporate entity such as Blizzard or Square E.
    mgilbrtsn[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RemuNNRemuNN Member CommonPosts: 1
    We played Albion Online untill got bann for "3rd party currency transactions". We played as a small group together at start but then devided into few smaller groups. Some joined one guild, other joined other guilds. I started to play solo. Got few transactions with my friend while we played together. Once i needed 320k silver and traded with him. Game mechanics allow to buy/sell everything at market so i almost never again used trade screen. That one trade was enough to bann me. Noone gived a duck thats your friend and he just gived you some silver. Administration said they had evidence that "you are involved". Though that was one transation for 320k. 320k silver is nothing in game. One hour farm. Thats what is 320k. Heard stories where people got banned even for 100k silver. Thats the worst expirience of communication with support service. They simply dont care, not trying to find out what happened. Dialog? They dont need, they dont listen. Another guy that played with us was banned for LENDING that guy 5k gold. You lend some game currency to your friend in game and administration insist that you are selling gold. They dont care if that happens systematic or once. Literaly - most retarded administration i've seen so far. I mean that was not a surpise for us that this guy was selling gold. Just he was getting it farming in game. He was rich so we could ask him about some silver any time, or lend him some silver cause we know he can return back it in time. I've taken his silver ONCE and got banned. Another guy lended him once and got banned too. Its up to you if you want to play a game where you can be banned anytime. That could be someone else. Few times i accepted game currency from other players that owe me that silver (common practice that one person selling loot from pvp and deviding silver between all group) .. Developers doesnt want to communicate. Seems they dont care.