Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RUMOR: Next Expansion Details Leaked - Veil of Shadows - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Veil of Shadows sounds like a $med everquest expansion
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I call BS on the name for sure. A South Seas expac is probably the most likely setting. But going from Sargeras to azshara is a pretty big drop in terms of danger. They should have done Azshara and old gods instead of Deathwing or Pandaria imo. Neither required a full expansion dedicated to them.

Anyway, the real enemy will be the Void once Sargeras is defeated.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    "Vol'Jin"

Huh? Is he coming back as a spirit or something?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    First thing when I found out Legion had scaling was thinking ' Hey, they'll probably apply that to all the old content in the next xpack. I also thought about how they could/should/would ad world quests to every single zone.

I think that would be amazing tbh, the entire world interesting again and people all over the place. I also think WoW is one of the, if not the only one, that got level scaling right. I hated it in ESO and find it a downer in GW2. But in WoW it somehow doesn't bother me at all.

Also @somepeoplehere: It is fun to speculate and imagine, remember that? Fun?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFord
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• eruexeeruexe Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I hope this is true, I have always wanted to make WoW my main game but since I can't be a human shaman or druid, I keep losing interest with priest.

Hopefully they eliminate the race locks in the future with some lore allowing all races to practice everything.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    No one has said so I will. I'm excited to see new weapon types. I wonder if some of the new weapons will play into new specs (like Hunter survival melee rework in Legion) or enhance current specs that don't have a unique feel. I could totally see a benefit to a Protection Paladin using a flail.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    troll paladin and tauren warlock? wow, they really raped lore if tis is true.
  • doodeskaderdoodeskader Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Blizzard should finish this crap game.Just make a WoW II  and dump this shit.
    Arskaaa
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Blizzard should finish this crap game.Just make a WoW II  and dump this shit.
    Stangley, when you have millions of people paying a sub to your game, you tend not to "dump" it.
    SBFordFrodoFragins
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292

What levels do is allow folks to be come stronger than others.
    What level scaling does to make everyone equal.
    Therefore, level scaling really undoes the purpose of having levels in the first place.

Either go level-less (like old school Ultimate Online) or ditch the silly level scaling in games with levels.

A side note:  By the time a game is doing crap like level-scaling, it's in the "this-game-is-so-old-we're-doing-anything-we-can-to-hold-it-together" stage.  That's a sign.

your thoughts are bit miss led levels are just a theme, just like gear or stats. we enjoy them because we see change an feel a sense of power as old content get weak. it is not a requirement to a good game or a sign the game failing if they change things up.

level scaling is a perfect balance so all content stay relevant an is rewarding, it allows you to go to any zone group an play with others an not one shot everything. if you enjoy the story it make the mobs feel more like a threat to the people versus a random byte you nuking for xp, the armor/weapons won't be a level 5 sword because you wanted try a new area an quest.

you still have your sense of power as the scaling is not to max level an it give new players a feeling it a real world versus wanting reach max level since this is "old content" they must play to reach max level for "new content" an to be able to group with others.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Pandaren druid would get me to return to the game.

Strange Pandarens can't be druids, would fit perfectly. Did not even know it can't be. :-) I already had all alts on both sides so my only Pandarens are monks on both factions.
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    Question for WoW veterans:

How many hours (more or less) will it take to clear every solo quest available with one class and in every expansion?
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853

But...why announce an expansion NOT at blizzcon? Only suspicious part.

Suspicious? Why? Legion was first announced at Gamescom 2015
    SBFordMrMelGibson
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Forgrimm said:

I'd rather have Undead Paladins.

Holy magic critical hit the Undead so maybe Blizz could use this as an idea to create a new class. The Forsaken experiments to become paladins end up creating a new class, Dark Paladin, based on shadow curses instead of holy prayers.

Paladins use prayers like holy priests so a Dark pally would use curses like shadow priests. That would be cool.
    Well undead can already be priests in the game, so allowing them to be paladins isn't a huge stretch.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310
    See, if this turns out to be true, I'd come back to be a Draenei Warlock. I think I said that 2 expansions ago even...

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AgeofHockAAgeofHockA Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited August 2017
    Hmm, so Patch 7.3 should be the last content patch is on the way and would be release at the 30rd August. So if this Leak is true they would show it on Gamescom. But that name makes sense World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, Legion, Veil of Shadows. We hear that they already work on another Expansion Guild wars 2 Expansion is coming and before that they show up their expansion and make some Ingame events to keep the players on their game the same as they did with legion announcement and the wod legendary event. Everything in this Leak makes sense so lets see whats true cant wait for it :) I think at Blizzcon they show up their new game AND the next content patches where it goes and what we do.
  • TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Greyhaven said:
    SBFord said:
    Greyhaven said:
    I'll just say this.

None of this is true, it's engineered fake news.
    Oh? How so? Because you don't believe it? Oooooookkkkkkk.
     I simply know it isn't. If you can provide proof that this is real please do so and site your source. We can revisit this in November when the expansion is announced.  

Also I expect this kind of snarky retort from Bree at  Massively....but not here guess these sites are pretty much all the same.

I don't understand this comment. Its RUMOR. So its fairly good it could be fake. Isnt the whole point of this is speculation and fun? The source of this also says RUMOR. So where is your source its engineered fake news?
    SBFordaugustgrace[Deleted User]
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

Torval said:

Forgrimm said:

I'd love to see them accidentally smite themselves. :lol:

undead priest > smite > warrior reflect > profit
    [Deleted User]
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Forgrimm said:

Forgrimm said:

Holy magic critical hit the Undead so maybe Blizz could use this as an idea to create a new class. The Forsaken experiments to become paladins end up creating a new class, Dark Paladin, based on shadow curses instead of holy prayers.

Paladins use prayers like holy priests so a Dark pally would use curses like shadow priests. That would be cool.
    Well undead can already be priests in the game, so allowing them to be paladins isn't a huge stretch.
    Not to mention I'm sure quite a few of the current undead might of been paladins when alive.  So it's not hard to believe they would take up their old mantle.
    Forgrimm
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Forgrimm said:

Forgrimm said:

Not to mention I'm sure quite a few of the current undead might of been paladins when alive.  So it's not hard to believe they would take up their old mantle.
    Actually they might as well make everyone a palawizshamlocktard and be done with it. The history of WOW class development is one of homogenization. I still prefer their original model when the Horde couldn't have Paladins nor the Alliance a Shaman.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GeorgeNoXGeorgeNoX Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Pandaren DK would make zero sense unless Bolvar raized new DK's which is not going to happen most likely. Also 1-110 level scaling would make no sense because if lvl 110 char would get to lvl 1 area he could be killed by some trash mob, there would not be a sense of acomplishment. It is something i have problems with games like ESO and such that do the same
    Horusra
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Unless they add in actual character customization beyond the child nothing they have now, like back in WotLK and prior with skill trees, I see no point in playing a game aimed at kids and people who don't like thinking.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    GeorgeNoX said:
    Also 1-110 level scaling would make no sense because if lvl 110 char would get to lvl 1 area he could be killed by some trash mob, there would not be a sense of acomplishment. It is something i have problems with games like ESO and such that do the same
    It works for GW2, makes it that peeps in end-game will still be spread through many maps playing through content, world-bosses and such without being either too easy or too unrewarding.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Forgrimm said:
    For some reason it makes me think of the Journeyquest episode where the priest (who became undead due to the inept party wizard" accidently turns himself.

http://www.journeyquestmovie.com/ Yeah, if you havn't seen it do. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    awesome lets grind some more ilvl!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"