Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Citadel: Forged With Fire Interview - Blending MMOs & Open World Into One Experience - MMORPG.com

Comments

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Steam description says MMO near the bottom of the page. Maybe by the time it's finished it will be ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/487120/Citadel_Forged_with_Fire/

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Elsabolts said:

If they can't get it right the 1st time why give them more money the 2nd time ?

Final Fantasy:ARR would suggest thats a stupid question.
  • Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283

Psym0n said:

I've tried the game yesterday, really like the concept. The problem is that I have never played any games like it (Rust etc).

Could people explain how the server system works? I've had massive lag spikes (11ms in all games) and when I changed server I had to start over. The lag will be fixed I guess but do you always have to start from scratch anytime you join a server?

How does this work with storing stuff and building. And how can people with 2-3 hours playtime a day get a grip if they have to start all skills from 1 again.

During beta I had to make a note of which server I was on so I could find it again and continue progression with the same character.  When I created a private server there is a list of the server I created and so it was easy to go too. 

They seem to have added a favourite function. Gotta get that running tonight. Couldn't think that you needed to start over all again. My 16 year old self would've loved that, but now my own company stands in the way of playing non stop.

Thanks for the info!
  • liixanderliixander Member UncommonPosts: 7
    this sounds amazing! I'll look forward to trying it out.
  • warlunhardtwarlunhardt Member CommonPosts: 2
    Where do you see Mmoprg there, you just open the game and see 20 private servers like on most survival games, No Server that could hold thousands of players just up to 40 players per server. I ask for a refund the second I saw that.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I am really burned out on high fantasy genre

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    wesjr said:
    umm, your video made me want to buy it not skip it lol
    lol, I was about to post the exact same thing.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Brokengun1987Brokengun1987 Member CommonPosts: 6
    Well it looks like it isn't gonna have massive amounts of players on any server at once so to me it isn't an MMO. Looks fun though!
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Kinring said:

Alex Tintor: Citadel is not a traditional MMORPG.

It is not a current MMORPG either...because it is not an MMO at all!!! Why is this article littered with the idea that this is an MMO? When I played the beta on Saturday the server limit was 40/server. This does not equate a Massively Multiplayer Online game! Snail Games tried to pull the same crap with DnL.

When I play an MMO, the dungeons don't seem like an MMO at all. Many have a maximum of like only 5 people. The raids, even old school ones, could only have 20-40 people in them. Battlegrounds just as limiting. And the cities....now days thanks to insta-travel and convenience things out the wazoo, seem like ghost towns with a bunch of motionless statues.

I'll take a sudo-[non]MMO with a fully active 40-man server over some of the current MMO offerings any day. That is until something in the genre wakes up to the reason WHY some conveniences shouldn't be within these games just because they simply can be.
    sschrupp

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited July 2017
    "Tamed creatures are only loyal for a short amount of time unless you give them scrolls to increase the amount of time they are loyal. Some scrolls can keep creatures loyal for days or even weeks at a time."

Are these "scrolls" obtained from a cash shop, or are they obtained via in-game means?

Joined - July 2004

I will likely never play another Fantasy title again. I have plenty of that

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

"Tamed creatures are only loyal for a short amount of time unless you give them scrolls to increase the amount of time they are loyal. Some scrolls can keep creatures loyal for days or even weeks at a time."

Are these "scrolls" obtained from a cash shop, or are they obtained via in-game means?

In-game means. There is no cash shop for the game. None at all. The in-game means is a trained skill in the Knowledge book that the first scroll comes up at level 15. It makes a creature last 4hrs. Each scroll after that is extensive, but only skill trainable every 5 levels.

So far I've had 4 creatures following me at once. Not sure if more is viable or possible.
    Tokken

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    edited July 2017
    So, is everything done by casting a spell?
    I'd prefer to swing an axe to cut down a tree, as an example.
    If it's simply too early for action animations, and that explains it, I'd like to get a response.

Once upon a time....

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

SEANMCAD said:

I will likely never play another Fantasy title again. I have plenty of that

Since you are obviously seeking attention...here you go.

So what?

Don't play it. Buh-bye.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AkemieAkemie Member UncommonPosts: 50
    So far, I played a little bit of the game. I can't wait to get back home to play some more. Extremely fun game. Dark and Light was not enjoyable at all and had my money refunded. The one aspect of the game that needs immediate improvement is the 3rd person camera. 3rd person is horrific! I can only play in 3rd person view becuse of motion sickness and of course, I like to see my character. Also, they need to work on the character creator. People like to make the game their own. There needs to be a robust character creator. Currently, there are barely any options on the character creation screen.
  • BlazefireBlazefire Member UncommonPosts: 44
    It's interesting how this and Dark and Light have carved out an audience with two different groups, despite the similarities. I for one have enjoyed Dark and Light more than this one, even though Citadel is definitely more polished... I feel like Dark and Light has way more content and potential.
    MikehaTokken
  • Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Combat is much better in Citadel IMHO but overall I enjoy the systems of DnL. I'll most likely keep playing a bit of both.. both games were cheap. 
    BlazefireTokken
  • ysn888ysn888 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    This reminds me ''Ultima Online'' somehow .. And im in love with Uo , sure ill give it a try . HYPE
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Was mildly interested and then I saw a couple of people flying around on brooms. No, just no...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    Was mildly interested and then I saw a couple of people flying around on brooms. No, just no...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    yeah that would kill it for me too.
    for me its the genre. Having played games for 37 years I wore the whole Fantasy Genre down to the bone, i cant do it anymore

• bunzagabunzaga Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Don't give in to the hype, this game blows.
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Just got it two days ago. It's like ARK meets Harry Potter, but in a good way. I'm having a blast, only wish the server list filtering worked better and the populations were a bit higher. but, its fun for the price.
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Survival clone. no thanks

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Galadourn said:
    Can someone say how performance is like? I have this in my shopping cart and am on the fence between buying or passing...
    Performs quite nicely for me. Better than Dark and Light, too be honest.  

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited August 2017
    mikeb0817 said:
    Just got it two days ago. It's like ARK meets Harry Potter, but in a good way. I'm having a blast, only wish the server list filtering worked better and the populations were a bit higher. but, its fun for the price.
    Nooooo! More like Skyrim meets Harry Potter.  Dark and Light is the ARK clone.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!