Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

game can be hacked whilst playing and online using account

ticklertickler Member UncommonPosts: 6

this is unfortunate but very true. the game character that was hacked had no social contacts but one, used no guilds or chat services, and had no contact within game. BUT WAS HACKED. the gold botters use this method now. they get into your account and instantly change password. then you watch them transfer everything on all your toon accounts via the internal mail and internal auction house.

the insult does not end here however

the game generates a message to your account saying password changed. BUT no link and can only reply via hacked account, which you have no access to.

and if create and use another account then it is very timely and actually replied saying that you did not use correct this way or that way nonsense.

PLUS I have actually known of 7 other cases of hacked accounts and there are so few now playing it is a dead game with only those benefitting from the gains and monies raised by these botters and hackers.

AVOID this service provider and game.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    That doesn't make sense. Did you go to a phishing site? How did they reset your password while you were in game so fast that you couldn't react to it through email? How did you watch them take things in game, there can't be a way to have a game logged into two simultaneous instances of the same account, while both having the ability to move it. Just seems a bit weird.
    Wraithone
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Need more details, sounds like someone got phished.
    Wraithone

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Well I've been playing Skyforge for some time the account hasn't been hacked as of the release of skyforge its by my.com, the same company, I can't really say much about revelation other than I tried it didn't like the Cash Shop model and packs only applying to one character or cosmetics system so I uninstalled the game.
    Octagon7711Gdemami
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I would start by trying to run a good antivirus program (try https://www.malwarebytes.com/, only thing that was able to get the viruscrap of my laptop). Keyloggers and similar are the second largest problem after phising.

And I assume you never logged in from anywhere but in the game?

Another possibility is that you use the same accountname and password on another site that got hacked.

It is possible that the gamecompany have been hacked (ask Sony) but it is unlikely, cases like that are rare. Same thing with employees stealing the account (in that case I have only rumours but it is possible).

But in any case: It certainly wont hurt with a good virusscan, many of them can miss certain viruses. The one I linked to is my favorite now and while it cost money you get 2 weeks free which is more then enough to clean away any junk you have. Can't be too careful after all. :)

And always ignore any mail telling you anything about a game (but you know that already), particularly ones that want you to go to a website no matter how legitim it seems to be.
  • ticklertickler Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Loke666 said:
    I would start by trying to run a good antivirus program (try https://www.malwarebytes.com/, only thing that was able to get the viruscrap of my laptop). Keyloggers and similar are the second largest problem after phising.

And I assume you never logged in from anywhere but in the game?

Another possibility is that you use the same accountname and password on another site that got hacked.

It is possible that the gamecompany have been hacked (ask Sony) but it is unlikely, cases like that are rare. Same thing with employees stealing the account (in that case I have only rumours but it is possible).

But in any case: It certainly wont hurt with a good virusscan, many of them can miss certain viruses. The one I linked to is my favorite now and while it cost money you get 2 weeks free which is more then enough to clean away any junk you have. Can't be too careful after all. :)

And always ignore any mail telling you anything about a game (but you know that already), particularly ones that want you to go to a website no matter how legitim it seems to be.

actually I use 1 computer for 1 game, as my business and email are on separate ones,

they introduced a new event, my previous participation was not recognised by the game ( but game errors are very common), and player interaction in the game actually does not need player consent in certain circumstances. so 1 computer for 1 game

That doesn't make sense. Did you go to a phishing site? How did they reset your password while you were in game so fast that you couldn't react to it through email? How did you watch them take things in game, there can't be a way to have a game logged into two simultaneous instances of the same account, while both having the ability to move it. Just seems a bit weird.

disconnections by the game are common, I tried re logging and had game message to effect saying something like account inaccessible and a few minutes later I have had my password changed so the account was hacked. my partner was online also at same time and witnessed the hacker going from storage to internal postal service, but this occurrence is not uncommon if in a guild and seeing it done to other players before.

another noteworthy fact is being dedicated computer, log in out was never required

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Rogue employee?  Inside job?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    tickler said:

actually I use 1 computer for 1 game, as my business and email are on separate ones,

they introduced a new event, my previous participation was not recognised by the game ( but game errors are very common), and player interaction in the game actually does not need player consent in certain circumstances. so 1 computer for 1 game

That's very paranoid of you which is good when we talk internet security. :)

Still, do a virusscan either with the one I recommended or an online scanner like Housecall, so you are sure the problem isn't on your side. Nevermind if you think you could have gotten virus or not, as I said, being paranoid is good here.

If the problem is on the other side there isn't much you can do sadly. Petition a GM or customers service is your only option and it might happen again.

If you get it back and if it is possible, change both the account name and password. You can at least make things harder for them to repeat it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I call BS. Who uses a computer and logs into nothing else, not a web browser, voice server, discord or some other program? (Like maybe a good antivirus software?)

To play this particular game of all things. 

Not a chance. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon