Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another "what other MMO's are out there?"

stealth80stealth80 Member UncommonPosts: 32

Hi there, another one of those "what other MMO's are there topics" coming up for which I apologise. So Summer will soon be at an end, and this is the usual time I start playing MMO's. I'm hoping this year it will be something other than WOW, because quite frankly I always get sucked in hard and have problems dropping it again. I really enjoy the game and a lot of the class mechanics, currently (was) playing a destro Warlock, but quit in early Legion due to me switching to nights for 7 months, I haven't been back since and for the reasons pre-mentioned, I don't want to.

Ok, so what games have I played? I really enjoyed Rift on release and have around 7 - 9 months Subs in FF14 - I had the last expansion and pretty much did all non raid content - For some reason I always found it difficult to settle and find a static. I also played and enjoyed SWTOR on release, did some raiding etc and went away with work for 4 months and it was dead on my return!

Other games:

GW2 - I play it a lot and find myself feeling it becoming too grindy and drop it again within a few weeks

TSW - I tried again with legends, but its the same game pretty much

BSO - Really not sure what the hell is going on in this game, seems ok, but it doesn't pull me in

Riders of Icarus - Again pretty much same as my reasons with BDO 

Tera - Got boring around level 28

I think I feel that most MMO's right now all feel like a cash and grab - If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated

Comments

• stealth80stealth80 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I should also add Wildstar, ESO and Skyforge to this list
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Well, the only MMO I'm playing right now is Albion Online. If you like PvP you may like it. Other than that, some SP games but it's summer and I spend most of my time outdoors.
    mgilbrtsnBruceYee

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Destiny 2 is coming soon. 

Ye I'm waiting for this, but it aint here til end of October on PC
    stealth80 said:

Ye I'm waiting for this, but it aint here til end of October on PC

Yeah .. but games are not the only entertainment. The Defender is coming out soon. I still have novels to read. 

Heck, i can always go back to Planetside 2 and headshot more people. 
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Welp you got Marvel Heroes & DC Universe Online :)
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Your list pretty much sounds like the same general game over and over and over. Try EVE. It's an actually unique game concept. Run some missions in high security space as an independent in a starter corporation until you feel a bit more confident in your understanding of the game's systems and then join a low sec corp or null sec alliance.

You may or may not like it but at least you'll be playing a new game and not just a reskin of the last 7 games you've played.
    Phaserlight
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    If you have Gear VR, by all means check out Vendetta Online.

World's first VR MMORPG?

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    If you have Gear VR, by all means check out Vendetta Online.

World's first VR MMORPG?

Better play Elite Dangerous with VR, It's absolute insane.
    Hey guys thanks for the replies. I bought up Fortnite on Saturday, it seems decent enough, if not repetitive, I will have to see how it goes for the long term, if it can keep me going til Destiny 2 then it will have served it's purpose. I don't have VR so Vendetta aint an option, I've also tried EVE but in all honesty I just couldn't work out what the hell was going on haha

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    stealth80 said:
    Hey guys thanks for the replies. I bought up Fortnite on Saturday, it seems decent enough, if not repetitive, I will have to see how it goes for the long term, if it can keep me going til Destiny 2 then it will have served it's purpose. I don't have VR so Vendetta aint an option, I've also tried EVE but in all honesty I just couldn't work out what the hell was going on haha

your looking for non-mmo games?

man I have a list a mile long of awesome games, even if I played 24/7 I dont think I would get around to all the awesome content. but before I post that am I understanding your open to non-mmo titles?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The Division
    SEANMCAD said:
    stealth80 said:

your looking for non-mmo games?

man I have a list a mile long of awesome games, even if I played 24/7 I dont think I would get around to all the awesome content. but before I post that am I understanding your open to non-mmo titles?

Nah I was looking for MMORPG, but stumbled on it whilst looking at 2017 MMO's (I know its CO-OP at best)
    Recore said:
    The Division

Ye got it, Played it like hell on release and again about 6 months later decent, but I get tired of it after a few days

Recore said:
    The Division
    TD gets boring for me because the shooting mechanics is pretty meh .. without much variations. 

I have higher hopes for Destiny 2 though. 
  • KopogerooKopogeroo Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited August 2017
    Over the last few months for its been primarily World of Warcraft not for its PvE but 3v3 arena. I also enjoyed Marvel Heroes during its 4th year anniversary for a month. Today I'll be playing Path of Exile 3.0.0 launch (expansion).

All these games for me are free to play but yea gaming has been stale for a while so you have to look for alternatives like tv series/movies, etc. I look forward to 2020 though :). I know by 2060 I'll be in a place where I won't know on which amazingly good MMORPG to sink my time on first. By 2080 I'll be so behind on consuming all the entertainment that I'll be unaware of what boredom feels like.

Kopogeroo said:

All these games for me are free to play but yea gaming has been stale for a while so you have to look for alternatives like tv series/movies, etc. 

wow wow wow .. that is a big claim.

There are plenty of good games released AFTER the few MOM you cited. Dishonored 2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided (i heard the latest DLC is great, and plan to buy it), Alien Isolation, the new Residen Evil 7 (the demo is scary).

Overwatch is very popular though it is not my cup of tea. 

Destiny 2 is coming up. There are tons of indie games. Gaming is NOT stale if you just look. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I retried SWL also and found it the same exact game...,aybe much further along it varies but from what I have seen its the same thing....Same lousy combat and animations.....I tried Pistols this time and shot three spread out zombies with 2 pistols somehow....It has always just felt like a fake game where its more like watching a movie than playing a game.