Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mordor Launch Trailer Heralds the Journey Beyond the Black Gate - Lord of the Rings Online Videos -

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageMordor Launch Trailer Heralds the Journey Beyond the Black Gate - Lord of the Rings Online Videos - MMORPG.com

Mordor, the long-awaited expansion for The Lord of the Rings Online, is available to play today. This expansion allows players the ability to explore the shadowy lands beyond the Black Gate.

Read the full story here

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    They could have done more effort to be fair.

This may as well have been fan-made if it was stripped of the official tag.
    daltanious[Deleted User]mazutsasa777
  • bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    edited August 2017
    $80 (plus tax) to play a high elf, I've supported LOTRO as a VIP all these 9 years. They are ridiculously overcharging for this. Should be a separate purchase.
    daltaniousViper482sasa777
  • AonevmAonevm Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited August 2017
    that video really highlights age of game engine, like LoTRo but couldn't care less about the new elves :)
    daltanious
  • shogunasshogunas Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Daybreak could'nt foot the bill for a decent video? Most wow private server launch videos are more exciting than this.
    daltaniousCoolitJeroKane
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

They could have done more effort to be fair.

This may as well have been fan-made if it was stripped of the official tag.

Nah, fan-made would probably look better.
    daltaniousJeroKane
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

$80 (plus tax) to play a high elf, I've supported LOTRO as a VIP all these 9 years. They are ridiculously overcharging for this. Should be a separate purchase.

Only now I'm realizing how upset I'm because of this. Returned one month ago after years ... started to enjoy, eagerly waited for release to add high elf to list (all my alts are still far from need to new expansion areas) ... just to discover I would have to spend 80€ for this. High elves should be in lotro store for honest price.

Just today started to look around what else to play, I nearly lost already interest in Lotro to continue to play, after barely 1 month. So much I'm disappointed by this move of theirs. I think this move will make them earn much less money as they could.
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    My goodness, that egregious trailer! Rebarbative!...What were they thinking? The game doesn't look anywhere near as unprepossessing as that!
    [Deleted User]
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    They have done one nice trailer - Riders of Rohan with several guys (and horses), dialogues...Why couldn't they have done stuff like that? Hey, even ask LOTR movie actors to appear.
    Honest description of trailer: 2-3 episodes from cutscenes, then static heroes exchanging blows with static enemy; static hero exchanging blow with several enemies; running heroes with effect like violet farting.
  • MirandelMirandel Member UncommonPosts: 143

Only now I'm realizing how upset I'm because of this. Returned one month ago after years ... started to enjoy, eagerly waited for release to add high elf to list (all my alts are still far from need to new expansion areas) ... just to discover I would have to spend 80€ for this. High elves should be in lotro store for honest price.

There are rumors that High Elves will be added to the store as a separate race for usual 1000 points. Just wait a little.

[Deleted User]
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Mirandel said:

There are rumors that High Elves will be added to the store as a separate race for usual 1000 points. Just wait a little.

I would gladly buy but as I understand from their Mordor page "items" from packages will not be separately available. Not sure if we can count in as "item" all from this package.
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    It was told:
    a) Mordor expansion would be on sale "at winter" for 2495 Lotro points
    b) hight Elf would be on sale for 1000 Lotro points.
    When would their winter start - nobody knows. October? December? February? This year or next? Or, say, 17th anniversary of Lotro? No clarification.
    Physical items from package (in theory) are not to be purchased individually - all those earrings, titles...
  • seraphicasseraphicas Member UncommonPosts: 51
    I'm all about people playing what they want but...I just can't sit here and watch people throw their money away without letting em know we should ALL be expecting better than this!
  • kagorsakagorsa Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I have no interest in buying mordor expansion, its not just the price i've just got no interest in it.