Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dev Stream Replay - The Frozen North Deep Dive - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageDev Stream Replay - The Frozen North Deep Dive - Conan Exiles Videos - MMORPG.com

Earlier today, the Conan Exiles team streamed a deep dive about the upcoming expansion, The Frozen North. In case you missed it, you can check out the replay and find out what's in store for players when the expack launches on August 16th.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    always nice to see new regions!
    LeFantome

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    Pretty nice! Looks like they put a lot of emphasis on immersion this expansion.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    My theory still stands. It takes about one year or two to see how a game should have been at launch. It's coming together.
    BlazefireDagon13

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Stop calling it an expantion, it isn't. The game is still in development, this is just newly added content. Calling it a free expansion makes me think their next content updates will be paid. Not a good sign
    BlazefireSilentman0116Azaron_NightbladeOrthelianJeroKanetinoberserk

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

Stop calling it an expantion, it isn't. The game is still in development, this is just newly added content. Calling it a free expansion makes me think their next content updates will be paid. Not a good sign

Agreed. I was about to say, "Expansion already? This game is still in early access..."
    Blazefire
    --------------------------------------------
  • BlazefireBlazefire Member UncommonPosts: 44

Omg I know I was thinking the same thing... I can't believe this is the world we live in now where games start releasing "expansions" during what should still be the development phase. Wouldn't that just be them adding more content to arrive closer to release?
    RexKushmanAlomarMawneeceratop001JeroKane
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    think u guys are being a little over dramatic, there expanding the current content its free good to see progress
    Viper482Dagon13esc-joconnor
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Blazefire said:

Omg I know I was thinking the same thing... I can't believe this is the world we live in now where games start releasing "expansions" during what should still be the development phase. Wouldn't that just be them adding more content to arrive closer to release?
    I'm hoping they're just doing it as part of the hype machine. After all, "expansion" tends get people's attention better than "just another update" (even if it's big one). Can't say the possibility of a future one being paid hasn't crossed my mind though. Not that I would mind one when it's time. AKA, when the game's actually out of early access and the base game is solid enough to count as a finished product.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

voltt said:

think u guys are being a little over dramatic, there expanding the current content its free good to see progress

They are screwing up calling it an expansion, which you typically have to pay for. I agree though, this is free content for owners of the game, nothing to be salty about.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691

Pretty nice! Looks like they put a lot of emphasis on immersion this expansion.

They dont have the choice, there are a lot of open survival games on the market..

• JohnnyBravo65JohnnyBravo65 Member CommonPosts: 3
    I'd rather to see end of EA than another expansion...
    squlltax
  • DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    They litteraly ruined the game now the servers ar eempty and the game is dying!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Viper482 said:

voltt said:

They are screwing up calling it an expansion, which you typically have to pay for. I agree though, this is free content for owners of the game, nothing to be salty about.
    as an owner you spent money,there is NOTHING free about this what so ever.
    As a consumer you EXPECT the gamer to be finished as they PROMISED to the people who bought into EA.
    Well unless of course as a consumer you figured the game was NOT going to be finished and no further commitment was going into it for your money,is that what we are trying to convey here?

This is a slap in the face of one's intelligence and this site is a part of it and knows full well.

from STEAM....

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

NOT COMPLETE,so why would Funcom post ANY content as an expansion.When a finished game is released ,we don't call each section of that game an expansion,it is called a GAME.Pretty obvious,yeah but apparently not.

LeFantomeAlomarJeroKanesqulltax

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691

Wizardry said:

Viper482 said:

voltt said:

as an owner you spent money,there is NOTHING free about this what so ever.
    As a consumer you EXPECT the gamer to be finished as they PROMISED to the people who bought into EA.
    Well unless of course as a consumer you figured the game was NOT going to be finished and no further commitment was going into it for your money,is that what we are trying to convey here?

This is a slap in the face of one's intelligence and this site is a part of it and knows full well.

from STEAM....

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

NOT COMPLETE,so why would Funcom post ANY content as an expansion.When a finished game is released ,we don't call each section of that game an expansion,it is called a GAME.Pretty obvious,yeah but apparently not.

Ummm yeah.
    He got the point.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    One of the reasons I stopped coming to mmorpg is because it seems development about games is more interesting then actual games that are playable, and yes I'm being a negative nancy. :)
    Mange1squlltax

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Should be fun!

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    edited August 2017

Torval said:

Viper482 said:

voltt said:think u guys are being a little over dramatic, there expanding the current content its free good to see progress

ARK put out and "expansion"  while in Early Access and charged for it. They got a huge pass and a pat on the back for it. This isn't any different only they're not charging extra for it.

People get hung up on semantics. It's an expansion of the game right? The game is expanding. Does it have to mean more? Why does something more need to be read into it?

This ^

I personally really enjoy the game, I'm just waiting on more stuff to be added, I played hardcore when it first released on steam but I don't wanna burn out before more of the game comes together.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    Lol its free why the fuck are people losing their minds? Get help.
    RexKushman
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Torval said:

Viper482 said:

voltt said:think u guys are being a little over dramatic, there expanding the current content its free good to see progress

ARK put out and "expansion"  while in Early Access and charged for it. They got a huge pass and a pat on the back for it. This isn't any different only they're not charging extra for it.

People get hung up on semantics. It's an expansion of the game right? The game is expanding. Does it have to mean more? Why does something more need to be read into it?

Agreed! Strop trying to enforce very limited meanings to general terms. Go argue in the not an MMO threads instead.