Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Nine Voices Of The Star Citizen Debate.

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Quite an amusing chart from those awful, awful people at SA.

My view of SC falls into the sceptic/agnostic bracket, where do you see yourself?

sgelVikingirCoticMadFrenchieMaxBaconOctagon7711Hatefullbartoni33MrMelGibsonLynxJSA

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    "Believer"

Have fun
    GdemamiMrMelGibsonMellowTiggerbcbullyTalonsin
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited August 2017
    Skeptic here, "something" will likely be delivered but what exactly that will be and when will it be "released" is in great question.

Like many "indie" games I see the possibility of long or never ending "early access" or pre-launch releases (alpha version 16.9) as the features are trickled out.
    PhryCoticSovrathbartoni33

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    *rolls die*

My sources say Evangelist.

...I play a chaotic character.
    Dagon13

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    *rolls die*

My sources say Evangelist.

...I play a chaotic character.
    I think you rolled Erillions dice there. :wink:
    PhaserlightCoticHatefullbartoni33MrMelGibsonAzaron_Nightblade
  • VikingirVikingir Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I don't fit into any of those boxes, or pie categories, and I don't agree of the labeling or the said motives either. It's much more complex and many more motives, plus a blend of motives for many people too. As usual, the goons make nice figures but with poor content.
    CoticErillionbartoni33Iselin
    Best regards,
    Viking
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Vikingir said:
    I don't fit into any of those boxes, or pie categories, and I don't agree of the labeling or the said motives either. It's much more complex and many more motives, plus a blend of motives for many people too. As usual, the goons make nice figures but with poor content.

Perhaps we should ask Gorf if he'll put a new section in for snowflakes that spend $20,000+ on $60 computer games?

sgelKefoVikingirTalonsin
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I'm in the "Confused" category.  I don't know why I keep coming to these threads when I probably won't play the game regardless of it's success or failure.

Seriously.  I've read like 40 pages of forum drama for this game and I don't even care.  Why am I doing this...
    TsiyaErillion
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Erillion said:
    "Believer"

Have fun
    Using your post's as evidence, you would at least be in the Zealots group.
    NomadMorlockbartoni33MrMelGibsonMusket-SquidgoobsnewsmrputtsTalonsinTheScavengerMaxBacon

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Cotic said:
    Vikingir said:

Perhaps we should ask Gorf if he'll put a new section in for snowflakes that spend $20,000+ on $60 computer games?

That would be the category of people that have so much money $20,000 to them is like $60 to the common folk. The more money you have the less value you place on it, due to any particular cost being an increasingly smaller fraction of your wealth.

I fall in the category of Whatever...

Some things about it sound neat, but they commonly do for games in a promotion stage. Based on the cost of some of the things on their site I expect that even if the game should come to pass as depicted the expense of playing will eclipse my interest.
    rpmcmurphy
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Excession said:
    Erillion said:
    "Believer"

Have fun
    Using your post's as evidence, you would at least be in the Zealots group.
    Too bad then that the question was "Where do you see YOURSELF ?"  ;-)

Have fun
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited August 2017
    Turns out I was Skeptic all this time and I didn't even know it! O.o

Yes, I doubt the game will not achieve its promise in full and I do believe in a modest release of the project's scope will release on something that can and should be expanded later.

Thanks Goons!
    rpmcmurphy
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Erillion said:
    "Believer"

Have fun
    Lol. Have you EVER questioned anything about this game in a serious way?

You are somwhere in the Evangalist to Shill spectrum, at least in your posting.

Personally I am a Skeptic with a slight occational dash of Hate when the White Knights gets too over zealous.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    MaxBacon said:

Yes, I doubt the game will not achieve its promise in full and I do believe in a modest release of the project's scope will release on something that can and should be expanded later.

Thanks Goons!
    You dear sir, from your posting, fit straight into the Zealot category. Do not stray from your faith just be course this came from SA.
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Believer/Evangelist...
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Easily a skeptic of the game itself, but I'm definitely a hater of some of the fanboys.
    bartoni33rpmcmurphy
    hfztt said:
    You dear sir, from your posting, fit straight into the Zealot category. Do not stray from your faith just be course this came from SA.
    Of course it comes from SA; how else could we get fuel to instigate controversy and drama in this forum? The goons come to the rescue with shiny graphs, gg

Let's run around with stickers to put labels on every poster, so I see from your posting and how you only post to actively get a chance to criticize the project... then you'd be a hater?

Rather a toxic thing to do if you ask me...
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I'm as far left to skeptic as possible without being a "heretic" with a sprinkle of troll because evangelists/zealots/shills are too funny to watch bumble around making excuses for everything wrong.
    bartoni33MrMelGibsonrpmcmurphy
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    " WHERE'S the BEEF "
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    P.S. There are some high end zealots borderline shills in here doing their best to say otherwise LOL.
    Excessionbartoni33MrMelGibsonrpmcmurphy
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    MaxBacon said:

Nice try MaxLexandre.
    You make like 7000 posts on SC each year?
    If you don't fit in the zealot category I don't know who will.

Personally I'm in the skeptic category while sometimes dipping my feet in the agnostic pool.
    Would love to see this succeed but Croberts and the SC community are often so obnoxious.
    MaxBaconExcessionbartoni33rpmcmurphygoobsnews

..Cake..

P.S. There are some high end zealots borderline shills in here doing their best to say otherwise LOL.
    Go back to the dark space m8.
    edited August 2017
    sgel said:
    Nice try MaxLexandre.

Personally I'm in the skeptic category while sometimes dipping my feet in the agnostic pool.
    Would love to see this succeed but Croberts and the SC community are often so obnoxious.
    As we're in a wave of making judgments on each other, for me you make it plain into the hater category, you only post and actively seek to criticize the game, nothing else and I have never seen you leaving such one sided stand. But hey, each to their own.
    rpmcmurphy
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    Nice try MaxLexandre.

Honestly, for me you make it plain into the hater category, you only post and actively seek to criticize the game, nothing else and I have never seen you leaving such one sided stand. But hey, each to their own.
    I'm fine with the SC community thinking I'm a dirty "leaver"/troll/hater.

I still have ~50$ "invested" in this project :)

..Cake..

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "openly despise the project"would be the closest but not an accurate assumption.

It is not the PROJECT that i doubt anyone would have a problem with,it is the results so far with a massive amount of money garnered.

If a dev wants to  spend 500 million,idc that is fine IF it is THEIR money.However,as soon as you start trying to manipulate and deceive simple gamer's into giving you free money,you SHOULD be scrutinized.
    The ONE excuse that could be bought into early on was the claim that gamer's funding would go a LOT further than if SC had to secure their own funds.Well that excuse has long been tossed out the window so now it looks like terrible management,over spending and just a continuation of money grabbing from naive people.
    You have to SHOW something of equal value for the money you took from naive people and of course it is all opinion but mine is that Chris Robert's is a terrible producer/manager but a very good con artist.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    sgel said:
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    Nice try MaxLexandre.

Honestly, for me you make it plain into the hater category, you only post and actively seek to criticize the game, nothing else and I have never seen you leaving such one sided stand. But hey, each to their own.
    I'm fine with the SC community thinking I'm a dirty "leaver"/troll/hater.

I still have ~50$ "invested" in this project :)

Nothing to worry about the Swiss are very good at taking care of other folks investments.
    rpmcmurphy
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
This discussion has been closed.