Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ASUS ROG Pugio - Ambidextrousness Illuminated - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageASUS ROG Pugio - Ambidextrousness Illuminated - MMORPG.com

Last week, ASUS sent us two of their new high end peripherals to share our thoughts with you.We’ve already reviewed the first of that pair, the ROG Claymore Core mechanical keyboard and came away impressed. Today, we’re digging into your right hand weapon with the ROG Pugio. Or left, as the case may be, because even if you’re a lefty, this flashy ambidextrous mouse has you covered.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    edited August 2017
    I didn't read through the entire review but "ambidextrousness" is not a real word. Please use the correct form, ambidexterity.

It's pretty disappointing to see an RPG fan use such a word as I am sure you spent a good part of your life distributing attribute points.

But no, forget I complained, I can already see it. The future, that is. Next year, in a kickstarter MMO exclusive:
     Agileness
     Strongness
     Endureness
     Inteligencyness
     Wisdomhood
    SBFordbarasawaSnackMasterB

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Don't suppose it occurs to you that it was, you know, purposeful? For Pete's sake. :D
    GameByNightInfeareal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• NexfuryNexfury Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Great review! Loved that you tore it apart to look inside always my favorite part :)
    GameByNightbarasawaSnackMasterB
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited August 2017

I didn't read through the entire review but "ambidextrousness" is not a real word. Please use the correct form, ambidexterity.

It's pretty disappointing to see an RPG fan use such a word as I am sure you spent a good part of your life distributing attribute points.

But no, forget I complained, I can already see it. The future, that is. Next year, in a kickstarter MMO exclusive:

Agileness

Strongness

Endureness

Inteligencyness

Wisdomhood

neologism?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225

Agileness

Strongness

Endureness

Inteligencyness

Wisdomhood

Please also see:

* Sensational spelling - deliberate misspelling for effect or impact
    * Satiric misspelling - deliberate misspelling for rhetoric purpose
    * Cacography - deliberate comic misspelling
    * Malapropism - Unintentional humorous misspeaking

Language and grammar are not fixed concepts, but malleable materials used to impart meaning and intent, aside from purely factual data points.

Or, to put it more bluntly: "care lol."
    SBFordGameByNightInfeareal
    Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Gazimoff said:

Agileness

Strongness

Endureness

Inteligencyness

Wisdomhood

Please also see:

Language and grammar are not fixed concepts, but malleable materials used to impart meaning and intent, aside from purely factual data points.

Ah, I look at your signature: "a smither of words". I see it now, I see the truth. 

This is not a simple grammar error, nor a spelling error. It's an American ploy to further the Republican agenda. First you start with Internet, a commonly used communication platform. You dominate it and twist the meaning of words. You start to hand out new words left and right in a truly ambidextrousnessful style, you start to smither them to your liking at the same time vilifying the older media and their harsher standards.

You justify neologisms from journalists and suddenly justifying various "covfefes" from your leaders is no longer a stretch, it is actually evolution. Or a brilliant act of political creationism, for those of that belief.

Words maybe don't shape what people think, but they shape how people think. Law after all is also just words, and words are prone to neologisms.  Once the leaders words are justified you won't wince when they start to dismantle the Supreme Court and restrict other institutions that safeguard the well being of both the citizens and the rule of law. Then the law follows the leaders rather than the leaders follow the law and you'll all be ready for the final justification. After all, it can't be our fault things start going down hill and the facade is collapsing, it must be their fault. And who are "they"? Your leaders will tell you who they are, who you should be angry at.

Your leaders will once again find weapons of mass destruction. Maybe not in Iraq since twice justifying a failed card trick is a job beyond even the most skilled illusionists. This time maybe in North Korea or Syria. And once again the troops will march, the nation will mobilise, money will flow to armament manufacturers and young men and women will die abroad. Their blood spilt hopelessly trying to justify yet another war and yet another fortune built on the graves of those who believed they are just.

ArimaWasTakenJaedia88

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• vinda663vinda663 Member CommonPosts: 1
    im glad to hear that... anyway thanks for information
    best regard by http://qsamkong.org
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited August 2017
    Looks interesting, a tad expensive but if it's made with quality in mind and lasts could be worth it, thinking of the razer naga mouse which was made very cheaply....and the logitech g600 cursor issue..

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225

Gazimoff said:

Please also see:

Ah, I look at your signature: "a smither of words". I see it now, I see the truth. 

This is not a simple grammar error, nor a spelling error. It's an American ploy to further the Republican agenda.

{snip}

Jaedia88
    Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Left handed mouse users rejoice.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I actually didn't know what ROG was until I had to rebuild a new pc last week and the guy in the shop talked me out of buying Asrock :
    "I'm only working part time here and mostly in the repair station and often Asrock looks like a Chinese guy did the soldering manually..."

Well that didn't impress me much but Asrock being the only board in stock in the price league I actually wanted did make me think it over.
    So I am now the proud owner of an Asus board that flashes like a 70s disco.

My keyboard glows red, my mouse glows in rainbow colors, my pc case glows from inside and outside.

I don't understand the hype.
    Maybe tomorrow I will wake up and realize all those flashy lights made me a better gamer.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Gazimoff said:

Agileness

Strongness

Endureness

Inteligencyness

Wisdomhood

Please also see:

This is not a simple grammar error, nor a spelling error. It's an American ploy to further the Republican agenda. First you start with Internet, a commonly used communication platform. You dominate it and twist the meaning of words. You start to hand out new words left and right in a truly ambidextrousnessful style, you start to smither them to your liking at the same time vilifying the older media and their harsher standards.

You justify neologisms from journalists and suddenly justifying various "covfefes" from your leaders is no longer a stretch, it is actually evolution. Or a brilliant act of political creationism, for those of that belief.

Words maybe don't shape what people think, but they shape how people think. Law after all is also just words, and words are prone to neologisms.  Once the leaders words are justified you won't wince when they start to dismantle the Supreme Court and restrict other institutions that safeguard the well being of both the citizens and the rule of law. Then the law follows the leaders rather than the leaders follow the law and you'll all be ready for the final justification. After all, it can't be our fault things start going down hill and the facade is collapsing, it must be their fault. And who are "they"? Your leaders will tell you who they are, who you should be angry at.

Your leaders will once again find weapons of mass destruction. Maybe not in Iraq since twice justifying a failed card trick is a job beyond even the most skilled illusionists. This time maybe in North Korea or Syria. And once again the troops will march, the nation will mobilise, money will flow to armament manufacturers and young men and women will die abroad. Their blood spilt hopelessly trying to justify yet another war and yet another fortune built on the graves of those who believed they are just.

Good grief, man. I hope this is satire.
  • GluegunGluegun Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Love the mouse ... Hate the Mega-pickiness in the
    comments section.
  • ArimaWasTakenArimaWasTaken Member UncommonPosts: 21

Gazimoff said:

Agileness

Strongness

Endureness

Inteligencyness

Wisdomhood

Please also see:

Is everything okay in your life, bro?
    Jaedia88