Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are not more people playing this game here ?

Comments

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Coated said:
    Forced PVP makes me not play.
    Well, that's good because the game isn't designed for players like you.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited August 2017
    Coated said:
    The topic is "Why are not more people playing this game here?"

In which case, both "Forced PVP makes me not play" and "The game isn't designed for most players" are perfectly valid responses.  What's NOT a relevant response is that being good, because clearly the topic creator wants more people to play the game, thus clearly any reason that makes people NOT play the game, up to and including "the game isn't designed for many players" are things that need to be considered and at best, neutral or necessary evils to be accepted, not good, at least in context of the topic.
    GdemamiRusqueOctagon7711alivenRemyVorender
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
     Forced PvP is always a non-starter for me as well. 
    alivenRnjypsy
    Tiamat64 said:
    Coated said:

In which case, both "Forced PVP makes me not play" and "The game isn't designed for most players" are perfectly valid responses.  What's NOT a relevant response is that being good, because clearly the topic creator wants more people to play the game, thus clearly any reason that makes people NOT play the game, up to and including "the game isn't designed for many players" are things that need to be considered and at best, neutral or necessary evils to be accepted, not good.

He (or she) said people on these forums are constantly wishing for a full-loot PvP game (second sentence, in case you missed it) so why are more not playing it? I don't think the OP was interested in people who don't want full-loot PvP. I may be wrong, but what would be the point of that second sentence then?

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited August 2017
    Tiamat64 said:
    Coated said:

In which case, both "Forced PVP makes me not play" and "The game isn't designed for most players" are perfectly valid responses.  What's NOT a relevant response is that being good, because clearly the topic creator wants more people to play the game, thus clearly any reason that makes people NOT play the game, up to and including "the game isn't designed for many players" are things that need to be considered and at best, neutral or necessary evils to be accepted, not good.

He (or she) said people on these forums are constantly wishing for a full-loot PvP game (second sentence, in case you missed it) so why are more not playing it? I don't think the OP was interested in people who don't want full-loot PvP. I may be wrong, but what would be the point of that second sentence then?

In that case, pointing out that lots of people aren't constantly wishing for a full-loot PvP game will hopefully correct the OP's false assumption that lots of people are constantly wishing for it.

In truth, only a small but very vocal minority are wishing for it (and even that might be an overstatement).  Such a thing clearly needs to be brought to the OP's attention in order to correct the false underlying assumptions or else the OP will forever be baffled why a game designed to appeal to a small niche only has a small niche for an audience.
    Octagon7711healbootalivenRnjypsy
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    i don't really like these top down point and click to move or whatever you call it kind of games.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Honestly, because I'm already playing an open-world, full-loot PvP MMORPG that's cross platform between mobile and PC.

I wish them well, though.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Honestly, because I'm already playing an open-world, full-loot PvP MMORPG that's cross platform between mobile and PC.

Which one?

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Which one?
    Vendetta Online.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

Which one?
    Vendetta Online.
    Yes, another good one. I used to play it a lot. We need more cross-platform MMOs
    PhaserlightKyleran

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Once AGAIN... OWPVP, has a VERY limited market. You would think that devs would FINALLY learn that in an MMORPG, MOST people HATE PVP!!
    Octagon7711RemyVorender
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Tiamat64 said:
    Coated said:

Its quite obvious at this point that people frequenting this site ( recently ) think Fortnighte is MMO perfection... nuff said

Tiamat64 said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Coated said:

In that case, pointing out that lots of people aren't constantly wishing for a full-loot PvP game will hopefully correct the OP's false assumption that lots of people are constantly wishing for it.

In truth, only a small but very vocal minority are wishing for it (and even that might be an overstatement).  Such a thing clearly needs to be brought to the OP's attention in order to correct the false underlying assumptions or else the OP will forever be baffled why a game designed to appeal to a small niche only has a small niche for an audience.
    You'll get no argument for me. Full-loot PvP games are fringe and I hope they stay that way. People need to stop trying them if they don't like them. After a while, listening to the same people complain about each FFAPvP game the same way starts to sound like a bunch of dumb animals who keep getting their heads stuck in the same fence every day.  There are plenty of milk-toast MMOs out there to play.

Albion Online is a Full-loot PvP game. Blue, yellow, and red zones are training areas, designed to get your crafting and adventuring skills up . The goal of the game is black zones. PvE is for training. The entire game is designed to push people to PvP. I don't know why that would be a mystery to anyone. It's plastered all over their fucking website and they've said as much in dev posts. When they introduced the Royal Continent (blue, yellow, and red zones) they called it a starter zone for players. Starter zone. Players need to keep saying that sentence until they get it through their thick heads or they'll just keep getting their head stuck in the aforementioned fence and come here to whine.

Tiamat64 said:
    Coated said:

Its quite obvious at this point that people frequenting this site ( recently ) think Fortnighte is MMO perfection... nuff said
    Yeah, that's mildly disturbing.
    Kyleran

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Coated said:
    Well, that's good because the game isn't designed for PVE players like you.
    You forgot the PVE part ;)
    Phry said:
    Coated said:
    Well, that's good because the game isn't designed for PVE players like you.
    You forgot the PVE part ;)
    Well, it's not really made for pretend PvP players as well. You know, the ones who really want glorified dueling without consequence.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    flizzer said:
     Forced PvP is always a non-starter for me as well. 
    It's not forced though. You can never PVP if you don't want to.

There are expeditions that are like PVE dungeons in other games that you can just run over and over to up your fame = progression without ever having to leave a city.

This game actually made me want to get to t6 to pvp because that's where most of the action is. The last game that made me look forward to endgame PVP was vanilla WoW and that was over a decade ago. While on the topic of WoW this game has a few skills from original WoW like hunter's volley and the nature staff is basically a druid. Arcane staff mage is a REAL support character that places shield/shields on allies and buffs damage.

I thought this was just an app game too in the past but have learned since then that it really isn't.
  • KopogerooKopogeroo Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Primary reason sandbox MMORPG with player economy that also has ingame store where you can directly buy infinite printed currency (in this case gold) for $ is a simple and quick cash grab that will ruin the game in the long run. Otherwise I would've actually spend $ on it and tried it.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited August 2017
    Personally I like the PVP in games I don't mind full loot as long as its like Dark Fall, or Albion, although albion is like League OF Legends, Dark Fall has more of a feel of action PVP such as being able to turn around and there is someone right behind you the whole experience does feel a mot more real than Albion, pretty much the same way in EVE, although Albion feels like a MOBA based game.

Plex didn't run EVE Online, but the difference between EVE, and Albion is the fact that people in Albion actually commit fraud using peoples information illegally, I am sure people could do this in EVE, but its a lot more common in Albion for example people have the ability to still buy gold and immediately swap it to silver and trade it to other people this can harm legitimate people and the economy because people commit fraud and it hurts the game company itself too,  the big problem with Albion.

. Recently they did put in a charge so players could no longer trade gold, but this isn't good enough because people will still commit fraud in the game there is simply nothing there to prevent it.

In EVE Online, it could be argued that the same thing happens over there, although in EVE, they have made the system more secure, they even have IP logging and tracking, they don't ban players just for getting mixed up any any RMT transaction one time or even a couple of times over years of being legit, and basically they allow trading of Plex, or currency for Real Money through their game company, as well as allow resellers to buy in Bulk, and resell, although it has to come with the "Key" aka it all helps cut back on fraud compared to Albion which is the biggest problem gold sellers are doing.

So basically the way it happens right now in Albion.

Gold Seller site "uses fraud Information -->  Gold seller sells to a legitimate customer by Laundering, or direct trade --> Person who had money stolen from their bank charges back --> Sandbox Interactive Is Notified and investigates --> They check transaction Logs of the person trading / selling the gold. --> illegal buyer gets banned.

. So in reality the player who buys the currency loses their money to the game company, whoever they purchased the currency with if they did, and the gold farmers collect clean money while using stolen methods to obtain the currency, this is why I would personally myself never trust any sites such as the one I saw listed on MMORPG article a day day ago.
    https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/59p7qd/this-man-has-survived-by-hacking-mmo-online-games

^ Just the basic method they are using which is why often people are getting banned every week, but during that week players who illegally purchase currency  are able to trade it through the market and many other methods and it becomes a point to where the in game economy can spike at times or become unstable because of it but rather than the company doing something about it where it needs to be done they have the lack of security and so they either do things like Roll-Backs, and players lose items or reverse transactions in game which can harm legitimate players.
    GdemamiExcessionByrgenarHofen
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Renoaku said:
    Personally I like the PVP in games I don't mind full loot as long as its like Dark Fall, or Albion, although albion is like League OF Legends, Dark Fall has more of a feel of action PVP such as being able to turn around and there is someone right behind you the whole experience does feel a mot more real than Albion, pretty much the same way in EVE, although Albion feels like a MOBA based game.

Plex didn't run EVE Online, but the difference between EVE, and Albion is the fact that people in Albion actually commit fraud using peoples information illegally, I am sure people could do this in EVE, but its a lot more common in Albion for example people have the ability to still buy gold and immediately swap it to silver and trade it to other people this can harm legitimate people and the economy because people commit fraud and it hurts the game company itself too,  the big problem with Albion.

. Recently they did put in a charge so players could no longer trade gold, but this isn't good enough because people will still commit fraud in the game there is simply nothing there to prevent it.

In EVE Online, it could be argued that the same thing happens over there, although in EVE, they have made the system more secure, they even have IP logging and tracking, they don't ban players just for getting mixed up any any RMT transaction one time or even a couple of times over years of being legit, and basically they allow trading of Plex, or currency for Real Money through their game company, as well as allow resellers to buy in Bulk, and resell, although it has to come with the "Key" aka it all helps cut back on fraud compared to Albion which is the biggest problem gold sellers are doing.

So basically the way it happens right now in Albion.

Gold Seller site "uses fraud Information -->  Gold seller sells to a legitimate customer by Laundering, or direct trade --> Person who had money stolen from their bank charges back --> Sandbox Interactive Is Notified and investigates --> They check transaction Logs of the person trading / selling the gold. --> illegal buyer gets banned.

. So in reality the player who buys the currency loses their money to the game company, whoever they purchased the currency with if they did, and the gold farmers collect clean money while using stolen methods to obtain the currency, this is why I would personally myself never trust any sites such as the one I saw listed on MMORPG article a day day ago.
    https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/59p7qd/this-man-has-survived-by-hacking-mmo-online-games

^ Just the basic method they are using which is why often people are getting banned every week, but during that week players who illegally purchase currency  are able to trade it through the market and many other methods and it becomes a point to where the in game economy can spike at times or become unstable because of it but rather than the company doing something about it where it needs to be done they have the lack of security and so they either do things like Roll-Backs, and players lose items or reverse transactions in game which can harm legitimate players.
    Do you have any hard evidence that anyone's game play is being "ruined" by these legions of hackers, gold buyers and bots?

Not saying they don't exist, but is it really affecting your gameplay? (sorry, cheap shot, I know your situation)

In EVE people often point to PLEX or skill injectors as Pay to win, yet I haven't really every lost anything to ISK buyers or sellers, botters, cheaters or hackers (well, except when Goons used to crash the zones) :)

I have however gotten destroyed by PL and their allies but not from their RMT practices, they are just very, very good at EVE.

JamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited August 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Do you have any hard evidence that anyone's game play is being "ruined" by these legions of hackers, gold buyers and bots?

Not saying they don't exist, but is it really affecting your gameplay? (sorry, cheap shot, I know your situation)

In EVE people often point to PLEX or skill injectors as Pay to win, yet I haven't really every lost anything to ISK buyers or sellers, botters, cheaters or hackers (well, except when Goons used to crash the zones) :)

I have however gotten destroyed by PL and their allies but not from their RMT practices, they are just very, very good at EVE.

Theres plenty of videos on cheaters on YouTube, but how about checking out their actual forums, although you can't read them because they keep these private there are plenty of hacker reports to confirm that too.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Board/80-Report-Cheats-and-Exploits/?s=36aaebd3adb2c4a47af07dadba157e4a6c749c7f

They even admit to people on like 4 posts that gold selling websites are using their system to commit fraud, and reselling it to people which is getting people banned.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/66442-Another-800-accounts-banned-for-involvement-in-3rd-party-currency-purchases/?postID=624528#post624528

More than 800 accounts that acquired currency from 3rd parties have been permanently banned.

Keep in mind that currency that these people “sell” has been acquired with stolen credit card or Paypal data. This makes it a financial problem for all involved - the people whom these cards belong to, the banks - and us. Hence, we reinforce our stance that we fight this on every level.
    I would still say that any game has more legitimate players than hackers, but given that people can buy gold illegally and put it into the game economy or trade it and they don't get banned for up to a week later its a problem for the game still.

Comparing this to EVE Online, I have never ran across any posts on the EVE Online website personally informing people that companies are comitting fraud, Im sure it can happen on there too, but its the way EVE handles it vs this company, it seems like a big issue with Albion.

There are lots of cheaters, and even websites I have looked up on Google I would love to show them here but its illegal to post websites which link to hacks, and cheat programs although looking it up through Google is easy you can find plenty and yes there are a lot of cheaters who cheat the game, I personally never have used any cheat programs myself but lots of these illicit gold sellers do.
    GdemamiExcession
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    I looked into it. 30 dollars for what is effectively a mobile game is not worth it.
  • Onji12Onji12 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    A mobile game with full loot pvp, no thanks. If I wanted to beat my head against the wall grinding I'd just pick up a Korean game.
    edited August 2017
    Torval said:
    I think there are a ton of people playing this game, at least in the early zones. It's over crowded and unpleasant to my taste. So I don't agree with the OP at all and I would say this game is about as successful as their experience and hardware can handle, if not a little more so. Who knows if they'll keep them, but right now it's packed.
    Well what they need to do IMO.

- Make a 64 bit client version for computers like ESO has both a 32 bit and 64bit

- Put in instances where zones of players load no more than maybe 50-100 players per map and chat, this would prevent over-crowding.

And of course the good server hardware able to handle the connections, bandwidth, disk times etc.
    GdemamiExcession
  • BlazefireBlazefire Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I have been on the fence with this one... but honestly the graphics, and lack of deep PvE content is really what has been holding me back. I'm also thinking that the community, due to the nature of it being heavily PvP focused, is probably a toxic shit hole... where the top guilds will pretty much just dominate. This of course is just a hunch based off of previous experience in games similar to this... so correct me if I'm wrong.