Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I was playing ESO - captured this screenshot.

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I know - right.  Looks like a fantasy novel book cover.  The artwork in this game is just - well...jaw dropping amazing. 
[Deleted User][Deleted User]Octagon7711ScotchUpIce-QueenAlverantPhryAgent_JosephYashaXXarkoand 16 others.

Comments

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Absolutely agree.
    ScotchUp
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    If only the combat animations were as good as everything else :(
    And if only they didn't have animation canceling to make combat look like a seizure

Definitely agree that the world is pretty though.
    Xophsumdumguy1Gilcroixsoulfracturemazut
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'm glad you finally gave the game a chance. I remember you slamming it pretty bad at one point :)

Yes, it does have a lot of good in it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Iselin said:
    I'm glad you finally gave the game a chance. I remember you slamming it pretty bad at one point :)

Yes, it does have a lot of good in it.
    Yep, went back to give it a second chance recently.  My brothers said the game that was beta is nothing like the game it is today.   I have to say with all the changes Bethesda and Zenimax have made to the game - especially taking out all the stupid alliance and faction restrictions - the game plays 1000% better.  One Tamriel, the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood expansions have completely changed the way this game can be played.   Love the new Champion points system too. 
    bartoni33Octagon7711winghaven1Ghavrigg
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I remember when I first saw a little villages campfires glowing in the night.  It was awesome.  
    ScotchUp

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well if you think over doing blue fog lighting is good,i don't.
    There is really very little in that screen.
    You can try again,i don't hate the game,just that picture is not as good as you think.
    2 colors blue and brown and i don't see any shadows at the entrance where it is lighted.
    Character model looks very low poly,and it's gear looks bland as well,yeah not very good work in that pic.
    PhryDaemonweaverExcessionAlomarstevebombsquad

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Wizardry said:
    You can try again,i don't hate the game,just that picture is not as good as you think.
    2 colors blue and brown and i don't see any shadows at the entrance where it is lighted.
    Character model looks very low poly,and it's gear looks bland as well,yeah not very good work in that pic.

You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch...
    bartoni33LackingMMOOctagon7711
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Wizardry said:
    2 colors blue and brown
    So does that mean Picasso's use of predominantly blue and brown in his "Old Guitarist" was just way off?

The hack!
    ScotchUpRobsolfLackingMMOshavaOctagon7711RelampagoBeezerbeezstevebombsquad
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Sovrath said:
    Wizardry said:
    2 colors blue and brown
    So does that mean Picasso's use of predominantly blue and brown in his "Old Guitarist" was just way off?

The hack!

One of the best posts in 2k17.
    SovrathOctagon7711Relampago
  • shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Wizardry said:

this guy trolls a lot, never seen him say 1 positive thing, always whines and complains, petty
    bartoni33ForgrimmRexKushmanMaurgrimxyzercrime
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited April 2017
    Teala said:

I know - right.  Looks like a fantasy novel book cover.  The artwork in this game is just - well...jaw dropping amazing. 
    First off, this definitely looks like something on the cover of a fantasy novel like D&D or Forgotten Realms for sure.  Very cool.

Secondly, I almost decided to redownload this game based on your screenshot but then i remembered how lonely it is, in that you don't really need/have to group with anyone at all in this game to get to endgame.  I re-downloaded it in the past after it went ftp with my level 50 character and i remember it being somewhat empty and messaging random ppl to figure out what to do.  I think the answer from multiple ppl was that solo grinding X mobs in X cave was the best thing i could do.  

So I think this game is awesome if you view it as a solo rpg and full of tons of story, lore, quests, awesome settings if you can get around the solo part of it.  I remember me and a friend tried to play it and we even ended up going separate ways after about 5 minutes because it was just more efficient to level and quest that way hahah.  

but again, based on your OP, this game is full of great stories (lonely ones at that though <sniffles>)  I mean yes, you can go into that portal into a strange dimension/world to rescue someone or do some quest, but chances are you'll be doing it alone almost 100% of the time.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Meh, I don't think it's all that great either.  But.. who am I? 
    Xarkosumdumguy1AlomarSector13
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    time007 said:
    Teala said:

First off, this definitely looks like something on the cover of a fantasy novel like D&D or Forgotten Realms for sure.  Very cool.

Secondly, I almost decided to redownload this game based on your screenshot but then i remembered how lonely it is, in that you don't really need/have to group with anyone at all in this game to get to endgame.  I re-downloaded it in the past after it went ftp with my level 50 character and i remember it being somewhat empty and messaging random ppl to figure out what to do.  I think the answer from multiple ppl was that solo grinding X mobs in X cave was the best thing i could do.  

So I think this game is awesome if you view it as a solo rpg and full of tons of story, lore, quests, awesome settings if you can get around the solo part of it.  I remember me and a friend tried to play it and we even ended up going separate ways after about 5 minutes because it was just more efficient to level and quest that way hahah.  

but again, based on your OP, this game is full of great stories (lonely ones at that though <sniffles>)  I mean yes, you can go into that portal into a strange dimension/world to rescue someone or do some quest, but chances are you'll be doing it alone almost 100% of the time.  
    Totally agree it can be played as a solo game.

It does work as both a co-op game - especially since One Tamriel. To say it is "busy" "everywhere" "all the time" would be over the top - but its not far off. So co-op works. And of course helps the group game part - the Dungeon "LFG" tool works pretty well these days. Not saying you won't get people in a pug that just want to run through stuff say but you can also get very good groups indeed. And those folk you put on a friends list etc.

As far as grinding to "end game" though .... what end game? And why?

With the scaling system introduced with One Tamriel, for better or for worse, pretty much everything can be done by pretty much everyone from the start. Yes there is vet mode and heroic vet and trials but there is a lot of very challenging content long before that. And lest someone says PvP there are campaigns you can join which disable cp without grinding for "months" to get to cp600.  
    bartoni33
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I often stop to appreciate the art. Sometimes it can be something as simple as a hookah with smoke wafting up in blue spirals. Other times it can be something someone has said that is absolutely hilarious.

For example, there's one village of ghosts where a Nord mother is scolding her daughter:  "Are you going out like that? You look like a horker!"

So many of those things scattered like gems.

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    shawnpat said:
    Wizardry said:

this guy trolls a lot, never seen him say 1 positive thing, always whines and complains, petty
    While its true what you are saying, I find Wizardrys posts funny. He HAS to stay in-character no matter what and thats the true roleplayer in my book :smile:

The picture is awesome, definitely need to check eso again, cheers OP 
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited April 2017
    SaunZ said:
    Wizardry said:

You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch...
    Some just aren't worth bothering with.  You know pretty much the gist what they're going to say before you read it.
    bartoni33inmysights
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Nice! Thanks.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Great shot very nice I like it. Yes ESO has changed a lot from what it was in beta.
    Chamber of Chains
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Update! It's now my wallpaper for awhile, great shot!
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    More ESO screenshots from guild contest:

sources:  imgur | the thread link
    Iselin[Deleted User]SovrathLackingMMOYashaXOctagon7711Gorwe

edited August 2017

Info on reshade for ESO.  Cite pic.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    More ESO screenshots from guild contest:

You get an awesome.

YashaXTeala
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Honestly wish I could get into this game. I love TES, love MMO's....but this game just doesn't grab me at all.
    TokkenlahnmirRealizergunklackerGolelorn
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    edited August 2017
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Viper482 said:
    Honestly wish I could get into this game. I love TES, love MMO's....but this game just doesn't grab me at all.
    Agreed. Also, while the game world looks stunning all the characters in it look kinda meh to me. If we could only have ESOs world with FF14 quality characters.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Phry
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer