Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are not more people playing this game here ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
A brand new MMO , sandbox , pvp

Is this not something many constantly wish for on this forums.
So why are not more people here playing it ?

PhryAzaron_NightbladeCopperfieldZenJellyAllerleirauh

Comments

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    great game but cause its made to work on mobiles the graphics is not like the BIG developers games and the combat is very average too.
    Rawyn
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    this game is fucking awful. Go to the town portal in martlock and see the clusterfuck queue game AO has turned into. Sit in a lobby in town and suck each other off cus.. well.. theres nothing else to do. Game has progressively turned into a stinkier piece of shit with every iteration of its neverending betas
    PhryGdemamiRenoakupostlarvalProfGetzPopplerasgan514
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Yeah gameplay is important but I couldn't handle the graphics. I am playing games on a 4K res now, can't go back.

Game is nice and everything but it's not like it's a revolutionary sandbox. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The graphics are a bit naff tbh, so its not so much a case of why don't i play, but more of a why should i play, its just not a game that is likely to appeal to a wide variety of players, its certainly not a game that was designed with players like myself in mind. :/
    RenoakuConstantineMerusOctagon7711
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Small target audience, which a bunch of different developers are trying to court atm. Not to mention, every survival game offers pretty much the same experience - except they do it better IMO.
    Rawyn

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
    I dont know what happened to people on this site. Fortnite ( basically tower defense co-op game, not MMO in any sense ) is more popular than actual one server pvp sandbox mmo.
    forcelimaOctagon7711kadajvolajuThuplitime007ZenJellyjoeyboots

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    The PvP is what makes me not play it.

RawynOctagon7711healbootArglebargleCazrielalivenThupliDeVoDeVoGobstopper3Ddelete5230and 1 other.
  • Arc_XArc_X Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Absolutely loving the game. Been waiting for a long time for launch to come. Reminds me of early EVE, and really looking forward to how the layers of complexity grow over time as well as content. Just my opinion of the game so far. Here's to hoping :)
    BruceYeeZenJellyjoeybootsLeiros
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    I dont know what happened to people on this site. Fortnite ( basically tower defense co-op game, not MMO in any sense ) is more popular than actual one server pvp sandbox mmo.
    Is it? What is the basis of your claim?
    Azaron_NightbladeConstantineMerusRoinZenJelly
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited August 2017
    Gdemami said:
    Is it? What is the basis of your claim?
    The ten people on this site screaming very loudly that every gamer wants nothing more than a OW full loot PvP MMO. ;)
    SBFordalivenRoinZenJelly

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,374
    edited August 2017
    For me I'm holding off until they resolve the typical launch issues such as server stability,  overcrowding and implementation of iPad support. 

My motto in recent years is to wait 6 months at least post launch.
    PhaserlightOctagon7711

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,109
    Not my thing really, with the high focus on PvP. If they are struggling to draw people it is likely due to what was suggested above.

It was always going to be a niche title, and these days there is a whole bunch of similar niching going on, stretching an already limited audience pretty thin.
    RawynOctagon7711PhryCazrielaliven
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited August 2017
    This game has declined since Alpha, which I palyed in 2013, to the Launch / Final Beta in 2017.

1.) The graphics are bad I mean really bad, if not playing for graphics its an okay game graphic wise, however take the time to compare this game to other Mobile Phone games such as "Heroes OF Incredible Tales, by Nexon, you can clearly see there is a huge graphic difference.

2.) The client is 32 bit which causes issues for some, having a 64 bit client performs better, in 2013 64 bit systems were already being used there is no reason to why this game doesn't have a 64 bit.

3.) P2A, Pay 2 Advance, the game can be argued its not Pay 2 Win, but because of how the currency exchange, and in game system works the more accounts you have with things like alchemy, potion crafting, food, and mounts the more profit you can make out of the game in general and likely even pay for your subscriptions itself.

4.) PVE, I personally found boring compared to other games such as Tera, although Tera has the same 32 bit client problem, and ESO seems more of a challenge and more fun.

5.) Hacks, and Bots, this game is full of cheaters, sure the developers ban them, but currently since launch the game has no Anti-Cheat, no reliable way to actually ban anyone from the game, as well as several different cheat clients out there.

. Only recently have the developers started to even try to do anything about the players using fraudulent information to purchase gold / flip to silver and trade but what they are doing is not enough, and the economy has already been ruined the only way to fix it is big restrictions to prevent cheats, bots and fraudulent purchases, and a whole economy reset.

6.) The game has no free trade, 4.5.1 forbids freely trading items for nothing in return or they will assume you did RMT and you may have your account banned, to my knowledge (No Game) out there has ever done this.

7.) The issues with the over-population and not having servers properly configured to handle the load of people in the first place

8.) Not enabling 64 bit or the ability to hide other players in town creating lag on lower end systems as the game client itself is 32 bit.

9.) Housing, they removed a lot of the old housing models since early alpha to beta and left to my knowledge 2 house in the game that players can build with a crappy upgrade system.

10.) Worse than Arche Age, the crafting system is great, or rather okay, but when it comes to farming, and the ability to grow crops this game gets it all wrong, Arche Age for example as much as I hate Trion Worlds, got this part right with farming, raising mounts etc, something that Albion Online needs to seriously work on because it all makes no sense really how it is.

11.) Another part of P2A is having to have 3 or more paid characters to be able to mnage farms properly and keep a steady income just from farming everyday, or one character premium minimum.

Over-All, games like "Crow Fall" and "Ashes OF Creation" seem to have better concepts when it comes to sand-box based by allowing players to create their own map / housing with things such as farming, forests, etc, and this is where Albion Online falls off right here, even Dark Fall being an older game has better performance, full loot pvp, and its not really that bad, although its more enjoyed as part of a guild and not really for solo players.
    ExcessionGdemamiPhryCazrielDigitalGuisealivenByrgenarHofen
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Renoaku, who never met an Albion Online thread they could resist bitching in.
    Azaron_NightbladeSBFordForgrimmpostlarval[Deleted User]forcelimaOctagon7711Phry[Deleted User]Kyleranand 4 others.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 175
    It's a mobile game at this point.
    RawynPhryThuplirasgan514
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,109
    Excession said:
    Renoaku, who never met an Albion Online thread they could resist bitching in.
    There is a difference between critique and bitching.

Renoaku's post is an example of critique.
    Azaron_NightbladeGdemamiForgrimmPhryKyleranMarcus-ExcessionCazrielDigitalGuiseByrgenarHofenand 1 other.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Playing and having a great time.
    postlarvalforcelimaBruceYeeMarcus-ZenJellyLeiros

I self identify as a monkey.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Just never saw anything that made me want to play it. :/
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    ISO view, no thanks.
    DavodtheTutt
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Playing and having a great time.
    Agreed. Only game worth playing right now, IMO.
    mgilbrtsnDigitalGuisealivenZenJellyLeiros

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Didn't even give it the time of day due to the ISO viewpoint.  The bad graphics and everything else just ensured I'd never play it.
    DavodtheTuttZenJelly
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I've been having fun in it. Honestly I don't see as many issues as the other people who used to play it but maybe that's because I never got into the game when it was in Alpha, I bought into it but only played for an hour before deciding I didn't want to lose progress.

So far the game itself is very fun for me, but I also haven't experienced enough of it to give it a good actual review. I don't really know what Frammshamm is talking about, I go to martlock every time I play and use the portal and never have a queue.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Excession said:
    Renoaku, who was banned from AO for buying gold, never met an Albion Online thread they could resist bitching in.
    Fixed.
    forcelimaLeFantomeExcessionDigitalGuisealivenLeiros

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited August 2017
    All the high level zones are PvP enabled, right?  I remember how tons of people loved Black Desert Online... until they got high enough level that their PvP flags turned on.  Honestly, if that's the same case with Albion Online, it's impossible to truly give the game a fair assessment until you've reached the point where you aren't safe from PvP in any zone that actually matters to you.  After BDO though, the few people people left who didn't realize that already probably learned that lesson.

I imagine the developers do it that way because it's "unfair" for newbies to be killable, but it has the very unfortunate side effect of fishing and luring people in and having them not realize what they're getting into until they're already invested in the game, which is just mean and jerkass-ish, even if possibly unintentionally so.

Me personally, although I doubt this is the reason for most others, I immediately decided not to get a founder's pack and not go anywhere near the game when I saw that even purely-cosmetic founders pack items that offer no in-game advantage were freely lootable, basically relegating them to town-only bragging rights instead of something you could actually wear whenever you want.  Clearly the devs cared more about all-loot PvP than my ability to customize my character's appearance and dress how I want to, to which is caring a bit TOO much about all-loot PvP for me.

Some sandbox... not even letting me dress the way I want without worrying about losing those exclusive clothes forever.
    GdemamiCazriel
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Forced PVP makes me not play.

The game feels very lazy as well. Every aspect of game design seems half assed. From crafting, housing, etc to everything. Maybe its because what others are saying, they want to make this a mobile game. I guess it would make sense then, but from a PC gamers standpoint, the game is shallow and lazy.
    GdemamiOctagon7711