Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light Basics

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited August 2017 in Dark and Light
Harvesting 101         

Building Blocks         

Light And Dark Magic

Fire Magic 

Water Magic

Earth And Beast Magic

Air Magic

Crafty Crafting

Post edited by Mikeha on
DragnelusJeffSpicoliAzaron_Nightblade[Deleted User]

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Added structure building
    JeffSpicoli
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I kinda like that this one seems to have an actual world with NPCs and settlements in it, compared to the complete blank slate of every other survival game I've played so far. (Not counting the handful of non-hostile NPCs Conan Exiles has xD)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Also found this:

[Deleted User]

• mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I love punching stones with my fist to harvest them. Its just like real life. I love it.
    [Deleted User]
    edited August 2017
    Dragnelus said:
    Also found this:

This is the guy I follow to keep up with whats going on in Dark And Light. 
    updated with crafting :)
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
    Do dark and light work now ?
    Or still laggy severs and buggy as hell?=

Do dark and light work now ?
    Or still laggy severs and buggy as hell?=

Still some bugs and lag but getting better with each patch.  

[Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited August 2017
    Ok right away i notice a bad sign...lack of development effort.
    Not a deal breaker by any means but it tells me a bigger picture and that is the punch fisting animation for harvesting.It is just flat out wrong,like they were too lazy/cheap to make another animation for harvesting,the first few seconds i actually thought she was punching the rock.
    I then realized the stone axe animation was the exact same animation...sigh.

Ok moving forward,where did she get the recipes to start?I prefer no hand holding,trial and error to see what it takes to craft an item,it should make sense meaning not that difficult to figure it out and why hand holding is not needed.Now on the same topic,i have no problem with exploring and finding some hermit hidden away in far away places who gives you a quest for a very rare recipe but most stuff should be figured out.
    Building feature is fine but not great,seems a little too easy and too fast not very realistic for immersion.This again should have different animations for building etc etc instead of just magically laying down tiles.

Ok now onto magic.I have been preaching for years that ideas need to make sense,well ok here goes.

First of all the magic casting is too fast spammy,doesn't look like conjuring magic but more looks like the staff is a automatic firing gun.As to the mention of lightning being the most powerful and toughest to unlock they don't "get it".No  type of magic should be most powerful,instead you should think about the various foes and surroundings/weather when deciding which type of magic to use,Furthermore the abilities that can come from various magic trees again should be an option rather than MOST POWERFUL.

This leads to further depth in game design,combat design,something again i always preach.The mobs in the game should have various resistances to types of weapons and types of magic to outright full resistances in some cases.
    There is a LOT more i look at,i look for all the small detail in design,including another being accuracy,both weapons and magic should miss on occasion depending on difficulty and type of foe.This once again leads to depth and realism,example  a very high level ,high resistant mob can still be damaged but less accurate and less likely to penetrate or cause high damage,so weaknesses come into depth of design.

Using the "still can be damaged idea"means you are not 100% locked into fighting mobs the same level,games should not be so linear to look fake and non immersive,there is no reason why a level 1 can't kill a level 10 with some luck and proper choices.

To me this is just an average typical team that wants to cover the basics in a basic way.It is a nice start,it offers the basics but the game is just not going to be good enough for what i seek.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.