Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets talk about F2P vs B2P a little. Is F2P the new trial ?

2»

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    lahnmir said:
    f2p = max level only 80 and can loot/wear lv 80 equipment

b2p = unlock max lv 100 and lv 100 equipment

sub (after buy) = temporarily unlock lv 120 stronger in pve and pvp

cash shop = cosmetic only
    But in that case I have to pay money to become the strongest, ALWAYS, this is as P2W as it gets.

Or doesn't that count?  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ntg wrong with p2w

game is a hobby. why dont u invest? u can pay for better gaming pc, mouse...why not game? u dont want to pay then just be casual or ask dev make spvp game like gw2...matchmaking all max
    I was joking mate, I agree with you and am happy to pay for my gaming, quite a lot actually :)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Currently F2P is the most expensive deal.
    And what more F2P is developed intentionally to have some annoying game elements built in in order to make you put more money down.

Its a game that seems free but continually ask you for more and more money
    Gdemami

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    They may ask but it is your choice if you pay. It's not required to play. Pay might be required to play the way you want to play.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I wouldn't say F2P is a trial because you can actually play the whole thing free if you wanted. You might think of it more like today's shareware. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    The main reason why F2P is successful is because of the "I have to win" mentality..Like some of the other posters not all of us feel that way and realize its just a game and we dont actually win or lose.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Hefaistos said:

I have no problems with costs. I work, i am paid, i can afford any game and any package BUT why F2P players want ALL FOR FREE ?

You get it in reverse. If devs let me play a game for free and i enjoy it, is there any reason not to take up the offer?

It is not about affordability. I would drop $600 on a michelin 3 star restaurant (with my wife, once in a while on special occasion), $75 on a good bottle of wine, $60 on Dishonored 2, $15 on Rise of the Necromancer pack,  $15 on a XD 3D Marvel movie and $4 on a grapefruit green tea. 

But MMO? I don't pay when i can enjoy them for free in 15 min  sessions.