Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - The Path that Ended - Thoughts on the End of Season 3 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageGuild Wars 2 - The Path that Ended - Thoughts on the End of Season 3 - MMORPG.com

The final installment of Living World Season 3 has come at last! One Path Ends, the highly-anticipated ending to the third season of the game’s lauded Living World, brings the Heart of Thorns cycle to an end and prepares the game for its second expansion, with a live announcement set for Tuesday the 1st of August. This episode attempts to conclude some of the stories opened at the launch of the season, as well as adding more depth to the tale.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• cabbott2cabbott2 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    January 1st? Think you meant August 1st.
    xyzercrimeHuntrezz
  • HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Hoping for something other than a HOT clone. I wasn't thrilled with HOT and couldn't bring myself to finish it.
    sascha.grebe
  • kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Ye Ye January 1st.

How can i believe in anything u wrote if u don't know simple date of expansion reveal.

U have tons of hidden story parts all over the map u just need to find them ...
    Ryuushima
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Huntrezz said:
    Hoping for something other than a HOT clone. I wasn't thrilled with HOT and couldn't bring myself to finish it.
    I highly doubt we will get a HoT clone. The season 3 maps all tried to find a middle ground between the meta-driven HoT maps and the explorable vanilla maps. Anet seems to have realized that meta events alone do not make a compelling experience.
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's the design of the new areas I don't appreciate. But I must admit it's not the first time I've had to use a guide to find something hard to get to or hidden in an MMO. Just with the new content I'm doing it a lot more.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Sasori_japSasori_jap Member UncommonPosts: 23
    This was by far the best Living World Season, a new map with each episode and closing of some long lasting storylines. Iam realy hyped for the expansion!
    Ajvi
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Season 3 was probably a bigger disjointed story than season 1. Sure it's a good way to fill up the world map a bit, but story wise it was one big clusterfuck. Throw in gw1 stuff just for the sake of throwing it in and you have a recipe for pisspoor storytelling. Most of the "Content" was just fluff and the maps will be just as desolate as most normal ones come new expansion. 
    Ajvi
  • kalcakalca Member UncommonPosts: 47
    heh we will never see an truly desolated map in GW2 but we will have less maps opened at same time.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Ok, Im shocked... September was a year sooner then I thought.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Woot! 9.22.17!!! Looks great on my end :)

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2