Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Launch Day Finally Arrives! - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageSteam Launch Day Finally Arrives! - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

Secret World Legends News - Secret World Legends is officially a launched title with today's arrival on Steam. Anyone can download and play the game for free or they can check into the bundles for offer on Steam for a 15% discount.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    3 weeks ago, on the 10th, I submitted a ticket to support because the Funcom account that I've used in literally all of their games couldn't log in to Legends. I just got an auto mail today apologizing for the delay and that they will be getting to me as soon as possible.
    Xoph
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    what about players that have bought the original SW ? Do we get something more compared to the new players of SWL ?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    pupurun said:
    what about players that have bought the original SW ? Do we get something more compared to the new players of SWL ?
    Their objective was to FOOL people into thinking this was some new game,instead of rearranging the same assets and giving it a new title.

Too bad really Funcom often looks to come close but the depth and imo the lack of ability within their team to be creative and capture players long term is very evident.They create single player games with a MMO tag,or to not start an argument over the term MMO,i can simply say they MISUSE  the login screen.

Login screens in gaming right now is only there to support ongoing cash shops/sub fees.Most of the login games could be run as single player or co-op with friends,no need for ongoing costs.
    I am not going to sit here and make a list of what can be done to create a more in depth game,that is their job and they just don't seem to have it.
    Their worlds are usually ok,assets are usually ok,but we are here for the GAME and that is where they struggle,especially the MMO aspect of a game,you know the reason a login screen exists.
    SomeHumanLeguma11CrazKanuk

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Wait what DLC is only unlocked on a single character including cosmetics O.o?
    Huntrezz
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited July 2017

pupurun said:

incase you want a real answer, and not that hate above, yes we do, most of the cosmetics will carry over (if you link your old account) and you get all weapon pages for free (new players have to buy em)

Renoaku said:
    Wait what DLC is only unlocked on a single character including cosmetics O.o?

no idea who you responded to, but all old DLCs are free (once they are ingame, tokyo starts soon), and most stuff you got from DLC (costum pieces and whatnot) carry over, as said above.

you lose some items that have to be unlocked ingame by certain conditions (achievements), like the motorbike, but you get one at 50 again....
    [Deleted User]Agent_Joseph

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• HuntrezzHuntrezz Member UncommonPosts: 92

3 weeks ago, on the 10th, I submitted a ticket to support because the Funcom account that I've used in literally all of their games couldn't log in to Legends. I just got an auto mail today apologizing for the delay and that they will be getting to me as soon as possible.

funcom is in ghost ship mode

Nyctelios said:

I hope they get more players and it help to improve the game. I couldn't bare the combat system, it's not for me.

There are quite a few people playing the game. I haven't had any issues getting into dungeons or lairs with groups. I was surprised at the population given some of the posts in these forums, but the negativity here doesn't seem to impact the population in game. Most request in game for help or grouping are usually addressed pretty quickly, I know mine have been. The instances are smaller but during peak times, Argatha is packed. At least right now, the game looks to be healthy. However as with many funcom games, the test of time may be the potential determining factor. Remember funcom is coming of its most profitable quarter ever and some financial analyst have said the relaunch of SWL will make q2 and even bigger quarter financially for them as the number of people in game and spending money in game is exceeding expectations.
    SBFordAsm0deus[Deleted User]Agent_Josephpsychosiz1
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546

pupurun said:

Yes. There's a link in the launcher to bonus up for the transfer.
    [Deleted User]Agent_Joseph
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Good luck Funcom. Wife and I will hop in and run a few quests. :)

Joined - July 2004

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Be wary if you had a subscription prior to the steam launch. The steam Launch broke a lot of subscriptions, so you won't be getting double AP and SP until the patch is out.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Be wary if you had a subscription prior to the steam launch. The steam Launch broke a lot of subscriptions, so you won't be getting double AP and SP until the patch is out.
    This is  an issue if you switch over to Steam and link your account. 
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]
  • AkemieAkemie Member UncommonPosts: 50
    The hate is 100% completely unwarranted. SWL is way more enjoyable then TSW. There are a lot of people playing the game. Dungeon Q is instant. This game is truly a blast to play. Don't let the Salty veterans persuade you.
    EmaNymton
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited August 2017
    Never got around to linking my account. I did get a delivery a few days ago, Refurbished Ornithopter, Phoenix Raiment, didn't check on the other stuff. I have that lifetime thingy. Glad to see they're honoring it. I'm having fun.

Oops, spoke too soon.  Servers appear to be down. :/
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Wizardry said:
    pupurun said:
    Their objective was to FOOL people into thinking this was some new game,instead of rearranging the same assets and giving it a new title.

Too bad really Funcom often looks to come close but the depth and imo the lack of ability within their team to be creative and capture players long term is very evident.They create single player games with a MMO tag,or to not start an argument over the term MMO,i can simply say they MISUSE  the login screen.

Login screens in gaming right now is only there to support ongoing cash shops/sub fees.Most of the login games could be run as single player or co-op with friends,no need for ongoing costs.
    I am not going to sit here and make a list of what can be done to create a more in depth game,that is their job and they just don't seem to have it.
    Their worlds are usually ok,assets are usually ok,but we are here for the GAME and that is where they struggle,especially the MMO aspect of a game,you know the reason a login screen exists.
    It was pretty clear that it was the same basic game but reworked in some specific areas.  This was both officially and the many threads posted by others.  There was no fooling that I could tell.  If you couldn't find this basic info, then you really didn't look.
    [Deleted User]CrazKanukScorchienOctagon7711

I self identify as a monkey.

• iozayiozay Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I just wish that they made the game actually playable. I still can't play the game and have an unanswered ticket out since the 12th.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Torval said:
    When I went to my account page I saw the link button says "Convert to Steam" and I don't want to convert to or be locked into so I'll pass on the Steam integration. It took a couple of years for me to get ESO out from under Steam. I love Steam, I just don't like playing my MMOs through it. I'm weird that way.
    im the same way ..... Keep all my MMos off Steam
    [Deleted User]