Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortnite Early Access: On Its Way to Excellence - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

They tell journalist sites that its an Open World, or an MMO, or there is space stations and then 'they' the developer doesnt say it but every single solitary journalism site says describes the game exactly the same way...what? by chance?...lol

then that way if things go for shit they and their fanboy pawns can say 'we never said'
    You showed 2 sites that said it. That's hardly "every single solitary journalism site".  In fact the majority of the sites don't say anything about an open world.  Not even wikipedia does. 
    ah you would like me to find more? ok will do. I was hoping not to spend a lot of time and that only 2 would do but sense you asked I shall go find some more

here are a few more, granted not everything comes directly from journalism sites but I have to ask a compelling thought provoking question. where do people get the idea that its 'open world'? pulled from their ass?

'An upcoming Open World game developed by Epic Games '

NICE.. a forum post, a blog post and a facebook post.  The blog post just says "open world" but then goes on to explain it's not an open world.  They other two are opinions from non-reputable gaming sites.  That you're going to these lengths (forums, blogs and non industry related facebook) should show you how it's not gaming sites stating this but people's personal perceptions. 
    are you missing the forest for the trees?

think for a second.

1. you are wanting to trap me into a 'oh my gawd its not 'all' its just some' while in so doing engaging me to find even MORE links...
    2. your missing the forest for the trees. Yes I am sure its not 'literally' 'all' but by engaging me on that technicality what have you done? you have engaged me to look for more links...

really?

people got the idea that its 'open world' from some where, its not random, shit like that doesnt just happened randomly. I read a forum poster saying the same thing about the game here on MMORPG. in fact I think it was you.
    You said you're looking for more links, and I'm fine with you looking for them and posting them. Feel free to do so at your discretion. 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Torval said:
    FORTNITE is a new OPEN WORLD MMORPG. There I said it and now everyone can quote me on other sites because it must be true. My name is gold and I have a lot of posts and Gdemami LOL's me all the time so I can't be wrong.
    people dont just randomly think a game is Open World without some level of suggestion from somewhere. I recall about a week before it came out I read those words TWICE from two different people in regard to this game in which I engaged them on. That doesnt happen randomly

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

edited July 2017

You said you're looking for more links, and I'm fine with you looking for them and posting them. Feel free to do so at your discretion. 
    yes...here is another link

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/04/23/the-endless-world-of-fortnite.aspx

are you asking me for more?

and did you miss this one:
    https://www.greenmangaming.com/blog/fortnite-zombie-apocalypse-never-looked-good/

the fucking WIKI for the game calls it an 'open world'

I think the 5 links, one of which is the actual wiki for the game and the other is wikipedia itself is enough. 

but if it makes you feel any better, you won! its true! its not 'every jounralist site' you got me there! well done

SEANMCAD said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/04/23/the-endless-world-of-fortnite.aspx

https://www.greenmangaming.com/blog/fortnite-zombie-apocalypse-never-looked-good/

I think the 5 links, one of which is the actual wiki for the game and the other is wikipedia itself is enough. 

but if it makes you feel any better, you won! its true! its not 'every jounralist site' you got me there! well done
    Do you read what you post? Or you just search and post the links?  From the first one at game informer: 

"Fortnite is the latest to experiment with this new trend, but unlike Minecraft, Epic Games isn't just dropping players in the middle of a giant open world. Instead, players will be exploring (relatively) smaller, themed maps that each contains its own mission objective, such as building and defending a radar dish or closing an energy gate to drive back the invading monsters.   "

The second link is the SAME BLOG you posted the first go round.  And Wiki's are written by whoever! I can write a wiki for Super Mario Brothers and say it's an open world.  

edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:

Do you read what you post? Or you just search and post the links?  From the first one at game informer: 

"Fortnite is the latest to experiment with this new trend, but unlike Minecraft, Epic Games isn't just dropping players in the middle of a giant open world. Instead, players will be exploring (relatively) smaller, themed maps that each contains its own mission objective, such as building and defending a radar dish or closing an energy gate to drive back the invading monsters.   "

The second link is the SAME BLOG you posted the first go round.  And Wiki's are written by whoever! I can write a wiki for Super Mario Brothers and say it's an open world.  
    dude! the game wiki has 'open world' as part of the key description of the game. Another article had an entire section dedicated to 'open world', another article explictly described it as 'open, procedurally generated world', I personally have read two posters here at MMORPG, one of which I think was YOU call it 'open world.'

but yes..your right...not every journalist site calls it an Open World. so whats your point?

and wikis would not work if they were not accurate

SEANMCAD said:
    .not every journalist site calls it an Open World. so whats your point?
    That's my point. Some people get it right, others get it wrong.

'Epic Games is leaving behind linear level design to embrace the chaos of an open, procedurally generated world.'

'Open World'
    'Whilst surviving the impending storms that taunt the world of Fortnite, it is up to players to explore the world, gather materials and ready themselves for the oncoming hordes. Fortnite has a variety of procedurally generated locations for players to explore including cities, towns and woodland areas, just to name a few. Each building can be searched for loot and crafting materials and it is also up to you to save various survivors you find on your way and bring them back to your home base.

SEANMCAD said:

'Epic Games is leaving behind linear level design to embrace the chaos of an open, procedurally generated world.'

'Open World'
    'Whilst surviving the impending storms that taunt the world of Fortnite, it is up to players to explore the world, gather materials and ready themselves for the oncoming hordes. Fortnite has a variety of procedurally generated locations for players to explore including cities, towns and woodland areas, just to name a few. Each building can be searched for loot and crafting materials and it is also up to you to save various survivors you find on your way and bring them back to your home base.
    :neutral: these are the exact same links as before, and the first one, they go on to explain the "open world" with the quote I posted before.  You're just using the same articles over and over.  You posted the greenmangaming blog 3 times already lol

Torval said:
    Regardless whether some of us consider that to meet out concept of open world the fact is EPIC didn't promote the game as such which was the complaint of the poster who kicked off this ridiculous argument.
    but what you dont understand is how marketing works. They dont have to explicitly say it as part of an official advertisement. 
    if they use the word enough at trade shows, or when a journalist site calls them up to describe the game and they use that word or they have their pawns post on web forms or create fan sites (and yes this does happen) and use the word then the word gets around and people buy it expecting it because it becomes common.

Its EXACTLY the same thing that happen with The Division. ubi never offically called it an MMO yet by magic eveyone was talking about it in the terms of an MMO? really?

SEANMCAD said:
    Torval said:
    Regardless whether some of us consider that to meet out concept of open world the fact is EPIC didn't promote the game as such which was the complaint of the poster who kicked off this ridiculous argument.
    but what you dont understand is how marketing works. They dont have to explicitly say it as part of an official advertisement. 
    if they use the word enough at trade shows, or when a journalist site calls them up to describe the game and they use that word or they have their pawns post on web forms or create fan sites (and yes this does happen) and use the word then the word gets around and people buy it expecting it because it becomes common.

Its EXACTLY the same thing that happen with The Division. ubi never offically called it an MMO yet by magic eveyone was talking about it in the terms of an MMO? really?
    I think I understand now, so if I use the word "spaceship" when I refer to the new tesla model3 then eventually everyone will be buying it because it's a spaceship.  
    saintriku92Amathe[Deleted User]

SEANMCAD said:

'Open World'
    :neutral: these are the exact same links as before, and the first one, they go on to explain the "open world" with the quote I posted before.  You're just using the same articles over and over.  You posted the greenmangaming blog 3 times already lol
    whats your point exactly?

I have posted enough evidence that shows there is an understanding that its an Open World Game. it might not be universal and your right 'not every journalism site call it that' but I have given enough evidence that anyone who is reasonably minded should be able to tell that this doesnt happen by accident.

so whats your point exactly?

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

'Open World'

I have posted enough evidence that shows there is an understanding that its an Open World Game. it might not be universal and your right 'not every journalism site call it that' but I have given enough evidence that anyone who is reasonably minded should be able to tell that this doesnt happen by accident.

what did you search for to find that information?

• saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    idk man ive seen people complaining that they bought a game for x and y feature only to find out it never was in the game in the first place and they just assumed it was?. happens pretty often on here actually.
    maskedweasel
    edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

'Open World'

good point (although didnt answer my question)

I searched for 'open world fornite' and fortnite open world'
    However what I DIDNT do was look for descriptions about the game that clearly strongly suggests open world without using the word 'open world'  game play without explictly using the term which is completley possible.
    I could do that but I am not going to read every article out there.
     but again.

what
     is
     your
     point?

its just due to lack of research before buying the game. happens very often
    maskedweasel
    its just due to lack of research before buying the game. happens very often
    if I look for a video out there on youtube of the developers showing off the game are you saying I am not going to find any that suggest its open world either by using the exact words 'open world' or by saying things like 'its a massive world in which you can go anywhere and do just about anything'

no interviews where somethign like that is suggeted.

right?

im pretty sure you wont find anyone on youtube playing the game saying its a huge open world and you can go anywere. because its heavily instanced mission based game?
    im pretty sure you wont find anyone on youtube playing the game saying its a huge open world and you can go anywere. because its heavily instanced mission based game?
    to be clear I didnt mean playing it but rather an interview with the developer or a representive talking about the game (they might have a little bit of game play but not really 'someone playing the game')

edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

'Open World'

However what I DIDNT do was look for descriptions about the game that clearly strongly suggests open world without using the word 'open world'  game play without explictly using the term which is completley possible.
     but again.

what
     is
     your
     point?
     When you type in the name "fortnite" or "what is fortnite" into a search engine..   leaving out "open world" you get a whole host of sites, all of which tell you exactly what it is without using the term open world.  

oh definately then, just look at no mans sky for your answer, every company has a freaking hype man
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

'Open World'

but again.

what
     is
     your
     point?
     When you type in the name "fortnite" into a search engine..   leaving out "open world" you get a whole host of sites, all of which tell you exactly what it is without using the term open world.  

and like I said.

1. there are a ton of ways you can decribe a game as 'open world' without using the phrase 'open world' leaving the audience with a clear understanding that its 'open world'. example: 'a huge world in which you can go many places and do many things' people are going to think 'open world.

now the most important one:
    2. WHAT 
    IS
    YOUR
    POINT
    EXACTLY?

well aslong as it doesnt say seamless open world then its fine right? cause that implies no loading between sections
    maskedweasel
    edited July 2017
    well aslong as it doesnt say seamless open world then its fine right? cause that implies no loading between sections
    no clue what your talking about.
     I also dont understand what the point of the argument is.

examples of saying a game is open world without using the term. (not a complete list examples)
    'you can go anywhere you like in the game'
     'its a huge world where you can do anything you like and build anywhere'

What argument? i think you need to watch gameplay videos for yourself and not read a feature list from some random site. twitch/youtube that stuff man. so that way theres no confusion on what your getting, marketing terms are trash and innaccurate
    maskedweasel
    SEANMCAD said:

now the most important one:
    2. WHAT 
    IS
    YOUR
    POINT
    EXACTLY?

I think I was very clear on what my point was. You found the words "open world" because you were searching for it. You HAD to search for it to find it.  People that don't know anything about fortnite will search for fortnite and fine... exactly what I showed you.  None of it said open world.
    saintriku92