Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SEA Server Coming Soon, Mobile Tech & the Second Awakening - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageSEA Server Coming Soon, Mobile Tech & the Second Awakening - Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online News - During ChinaJoy, Pearl Abyss announced that it would be opening a Southeast Asian server before the end of 2017. The news cam via the Chief Operating Officer James Heo and the Overseas Business PM Ginny Han.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TnTizzTnTizz Member UncommonPosts: 39
    SEA server for BDO PC? or SEA Server for BDO mobile, is that even a thing?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    TnTizz said:
    SEA server for BDO PC? or SEA Server for BDO mobile, is that even a thing?
    It's for BDO PC. Mobile is its own thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The 2nd awakening is taking 2 skills and combining them to make a stronger skill.

I need to see more because I did not get much from that trailer.
  • eruexeeruexe Member UncommonPosts: 40
    About time or rather is it too late for SEA servers (access)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

DMKano said:

The 2nd awakening is so underwhelming.

They literally took the unawakened skills and added new VFX to them

I mean - shouldn't that have been the 1st awakening - just everyone use the same weapon and have the original skills "boosted" up?

But no - they went the route of completely changing how you played with awakened weapon, now they go back the lazy route heh

Is it really lazy or at they rectifying a big mistake?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

DMKano said:

I mean - shouldn't that have been the 1st awakening - just everyone use the same weapon and have the original skills "boosted" up?

But no - they went the route of completely changing how you played with awakened weapon, now they go back the lazy route heh

That is not what they did. They took 2-3 skills and combined them into one. The unawakened skills were extremely subpar and most of the skills you never even put points into. So now to rectify that and to bring it up - you have multiple skills that were combined into one big skill.

This is going to be extremely overpowering for some classes, especially now that the witch/wizards have an instant aoe heal as opposed to a pulsing heal as it was before.
    Mikehagamer2025

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• TnTizzTnTizz Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I wonder if these will be fresh servers, would be fun to start on 1 of those again
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

DMKano said:

Pretty sure you dont really understand what second awakening is...they literally didnt take them and added a new visual, they are combining them to make a better new ability. I personally think they made a design error that is catching up to them being that you out level your original weapon so fast, and then you rarely go back to use the skills, so it seems they will combine many to reduce the glut, and at the same time hopefully make them able to be worthwhile using after you have the first awakening.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Nothing much interesting, new areas to come still :P
  • Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Content has been scarce on the NA side this year with nothing to look forward to in the near future, at the moment NA is waiting for Kamaslive and once thats FINALLY arrived whats next?
  • KaielogyKaielogy Member CommonPosts: 1
    Like seriously, we spent so much time on Kr servers then Taiwan servers from SEA regions with level 60 characters now they gonna make a SEA server finally? Ain't got time to reroll again, better give some good promo shit for SEA players currently in Taiwan to come back.
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I've never played this game. The overly complicated combat system really turned me off.

But now that ArcheAge is dead, I'm desperate for something else to play. So I might give this a try when SEA servers come out (I'm an Aussie).