Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Message from Steve for Ashes of Creation - All backers getting "Wand of Many things"

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
@everyone Glorious Ashes Community. The Stream schedule for July will be Tuesday July 18th, at 3pm PDT and Friday July 28th at Noon PDT. Spread the word, and I am looking forward to seeing you all soon. You will be seeing our Pre-alpha Arena build on Tuesday, along with a fast play recording of its build process by Sr. Level Designer Trystan Snodgrass. Upgrade paths are also currently enabled for Kickstarter holders (when you choose a package to upgrade to, it will show the difference in price) Add ons from the summer store will be available tomorrow for Kickstarter backers. As a gift to all of you for delays and confusions with the summer store rollout, I have decided to unlock the Wand of Many things for all kickstarter backers and summer backers. Much love
[Deleted User]

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Torval said:
    It looks like they're also going to just keep their crowd-funding page open for a while instead of a month. Several of us had suggested that in a feedback thread earlier; that it makes no sense to run it for such a short time. I'm thankful for that at the moment because I have had a few unexpected expenses pop up recently
    I would be totally surprised if the store ever fully closes down.

Makes little business sense to stop accepting money from people who want to buy something. 
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    It looks like they're also going to just keep their crowd-funding page open for a while instead of a month. Several of us had suggested that in a feedback thread earlier; that it makes no sense to run it for such a short time. I'm thankful for that at the moment because I have had a few unexpected expenses pop up recently

Makes little business sense to stop accepting money from people who want to buy something. 
    Closing it down for just the right amount of time might be a good idea: If they can create the impression that their product is exclusive and limited it becomes that much easier to sell.
    CrazKanukKyleran

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Vrika said:
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:

Closing it down for just the right amount of time might be a good idea: If they can create the impression that their product is exclusive and limited it becomes that much easier to sell.

Yeah, I agree. Even if they were to do semi-annual sales, they could at least drive home the idea that these sales are limited.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    IMO they should keep their word and close the KS extension and just open something like most indy games do. Packages you can buy that give some goodies but costing a little more then the KS. Keeps the KS people feeling special lol and keep the business open.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Nanfoodle said:
    IMO they should keep their word and close the KS extension and just open something like most indy games do. Packages you can buy that give some goodies but costing a little more then the KS. Keeps the KS people feeling special lol and keep the business open.
    Actually I had a big argument about it on their discord which is partially why they decided to keep it extended got some people who were unhappy not being able to back the game due to not accepting "Paypal" and so on.
    Excession
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Torval said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    I would rather the game and community be more inclusive. I am not a fan of the exclusives. Heed the lesson of the Sneetches. :lol: Why do things need to get more expensive or be time limited so people feel pressured into jumping in now? I would like them to keep it low pressure.
    Purely to keep IS on track as someone you can trust. They have in many peoples minds broken their word by doing the summer event. If they extend it again there could be a huge backlash. At this point I think its best they keep their word. 
    Nanfoodle said:
    Torval said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    I would rather the game and community be more inclusive. I am not a fan of the exclusives. Heed the lesson of the Sneetches. :lol: Why do things need to get more expensive or be time limited so people feel pressured into jumping in now? I would like them to keep it low pressure.
    Purely to keep IS on track as someone you can trust. They have in many peoples minds broken their word by doing the summer event. If they extend it again there could be a huge backlash. At this point I think its best they keep their word. 
    Well maybe they could close out the current offers and add something new?

Maybe "Golden Castles" or something?  ;)
    NanfoodleMrMelGibson

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EmerfaltEmerfalt Member CommonPosts: 3
    Here's how the team thanks the kickstarters backers :

Check the prices of the differents add-ons ! This is theft !
    25 $ for a pet, 20 - 50 $ for a mount skin. Apparently, this is the definition of "reasonably priced" for Steven.

It's time to stop the hype with this scam...
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    The thing about MLM scams is you actually need a physical product  ($40 dollar a bottle Xango sugar water).

It makes perfect sense that these people would move into the online realm after watching the Koreans rip off desperate Westerners for years.

People praise this game for produced by a Western company, but the reality is that they just want in on the future virtual products with no delivery date scam. Hopefully enough of these whales get ripped off that they hire some lawyers.

The MMO market's reputation within the broader gaming market is literally at the lowest point its ever been. So much so that even gutter trash Funcom won't call their blatant P2W FTP MMO  a MMO anymore.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited July 2017
    I feel like this product would lose a lot of steam if people only knew more about it's lead developer. This guy came into ArcheAge and invested 600$ a week into his guild (The White Order) there. We are talking 2400$ a month.

They joined the west faction on Vengeance and gave consistent promises they would work with the west while attacking and stealing from their own faction the whole time but claiming they weren't, right up until they formed their own nation that was supposedly formed to help the west, but in reality waged war against it after their formation.

They are hated by the whole of the west, they are hated by the people they formed their alliance with, they are hated by pretty much everyone but themselves. The reason they are hated is pretty consistent. Dishonesty. Saying one thing and doing another. Betraying everyone willing to work with them.

Half the people who hate them right now are people who tried to work with them at various points and got stabbed in the back.

And now you're being told:

"We are anti pay-to-win! This game won't be pay-to-win!"  Yeah right. That said by the biggest whale I've ever seen in any game? You guy's believe that?

You don't think he's going to play favorites with his own guild, that's already recruiting in his very own game? 

He just wants the ArcheAge clone of his dreams where he and his friends can kick you around on his terms.

I wouldn't touch anything made by this guy with a ten foot pole. If he can't even be honest as a guild leader why would anyone believe in his honesty as a developer?
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited July 2017
    Eldurian said:
    I feel like this product would lose a lot of steam if people only knew more about it's lead developer. This guy came into ArcheAge and invested 600$ a week into his guild (The White Order) there. We are talking 2400$ a month.

They joined the west faction on Vengeance and gave consistent promises they would work with the west while attacking and stealing from their own faction the whole time but claiming they weren't, right up until they formed their own nation that was supposedly formed to help the west, but in reality waged war against it after their formation.

They are hated by the whole of the west, they are hated by the people they formed their alliance with, they are hated by pretty much everyone but themselves. The reason they are hated is pretty consistent. Dishonesty. Saying one thing and doing another. Betraying everyone willing to work with them.

Half the people who hate them right now are people who tried to work with them at various points and got stabbed in the back.

And now you're being told:

"We are anti pay-to-win! This game won't be pay-to-win!"  Yeah right. That said by the biggest whale I've ever seen in any game? You guy's believe that?

You don't think he's going to play favorites with his own guild, that's already recruiting in his very own game? 

He just wants the ArcheAge clone of his dreams where he and his friends can kick you around on his terms.

I wouldn't touch anything made by this guy with a ten foot pole. If he can't even be honest as a guild leader why would anyone believe in his honesty as a developer?
    The most hated guild on the server is usually also the best one. There are two sides to a story, and the view from an outside player looking in is often a very skewed perspective. 

In every single MMO, the top guild on the server is criticized, slandered, and made out to be a super villain. But if you take the time to actually get to know the players in that guild, you discover they really aren't "monsters". 

So even though I have my own reservations about pledging more to AoC, forgive me if I don't simply take the word of a disgruntled player without any proof to back up their accusations. 

--------------------------------------------
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:

Yeah I hope my referrals keep piling it on!
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    @Wellspring - At the very least I linked to the topic where his own guild is recruiting for his game. If I were you I would be very concerned the lead developer of the game has his own guild he'll be bringing into it. A quite sizable one.

That's not a recipe for impartiality. 

You have no concerns whatsoever this guy may be leaking dev info to his people and will favor them in moderation practices? You can go ahead and read up all about them. While of course their honesty is highly disputed there is little disputing they are a large and warlike guild who will almost certainly be gunning for power in AoC.
    KyleranWellspring
    Eldurian said:
    @Wellspring - At the very least I linked to the topic where his own guild is recruiting for his game. If I were you I would be very concerned the lead developer of the game has his own guild he'll be bringing into it. A quite sizable one.

That's not a recipe for impartiality. 

You have no concerns whatsoever this guy may be leaking dev info to his people and will favor them in moderation practices? You can go ahead and read up all about them. While of course their honesty is highly disputed there is little disputing they are a large and warlike guild who will almost certainly be gunning for power in AoC.
    I know of very few games where the devs are permitted to play the game under their own name.

The potential  for abuse is great, as CCP found out with the BOB scandal.
    MrMelGibsonWellspring

edited July 2017
    Yay a game created by actual developers compared to Albion lol...

I bet Ashes OF Creation is created with good graphics and in a 64 bit version compared to Albion which is a 32 bit, and the servers are so crowded that players can't even get in and play because they didn't think of the 32 bit limitations and problem that would happen if one server got crowded not to mention client side.

Another game I've been looking at as well is similar to Fire Fall.
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/em-8er-mech-vs-kaiju-wargame-m3-milestone

Also reminds me of a movie called "Pacific Rim?"

I really do hope to be able to back more into Ashes OF Creation before release for some more of the rewards, but as for now Im out over 2 grand on my PC and my own personal development project so kinda have my hands tied.

KyleranExcession
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    So they haven't told their backers where to stick it yet, but I bet that's coming. xD  Seriously though this needed an announcement?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Renoaku said:

I bet Ashes OF Creation is created with good graphics and in a 64 bit version compared to Albion which is a 32 bit, and the servers are so crowded that players can't even get in and play because they didn't think of the 32 bit limitations and problem that would happen if one server got crowded not to mention client side.

I really do hope to be able to back more into Ashes OF Creation before release for some more of the rewards, but as for now Im out over 2 grand on my PC and my own personal development project so kinda have my hands tied.

You're only saying this because Ashes hasn't caught you cheating yet.
    Renoaku said:

Well the game has no EULA, or TOS I had to accept so I assume there is none prior to backing it I assume I can do anything that is permitted within the game as long as I do not modify or use hacks of any type including freely trade with anyone I want because that is part of the game.

As for Cheating, I am sure Ashes will have an Anti-Cheat compared to Albion for that matter, and I doubt that Ashes will run into the same problem as Albion during launch with too many players, and having to rush to try to throw a band-aid fix on the problem.

Also I highly doubt that I would get banned from Ashes, or any other game for freely accepting currency, or people donating me currency, or items, simply because out of 17 years of MMO games and accepting donations, free currency, or trading freely has never gotten me banned in any game except Albion I highly doubt that would happen in a game developed in the U.S although lets say in theory it did happen in Ashes, its a U.S company which would make it easier to take it to small claims being under $1000 put into the game, and get my money back, as well as submit evidence of my entire banking history to prove that there was no outside purchases which I would freely do.

I also expect that Ashes OF Creation, will have less bots, and cheaters compared to Albion as the game has already taken a direction into discussing prevention of cheating and bots as it already has, and I will make sure to bring up the issue later in Q&A's and Discord about RMT, and currency to see what the stance is to prevent cheaters.

Personally I don't mind what people do behind closed doors which is considered their business if people want to RMT, its their money they should be allowed to do it, and IMO game companies shouldn't care, but the problem with RMT, is that it brings in illegal people, bots, cheaters, and in the case of Albion for example fraud which creates havoc on the economy, meanwhile games such as Second Life & Entropia do great with real economic cash its not always a bad thing just depends how its done, and obviously never purchase from illegal sites because those likely come from hackers, but between friends or whatever people do legally obtained items its a persons private business I couldn't care.
    Excession
    Renoaku said:
    Renoaku said:

Well the game has no EULA, or TOS I had to accept so I assume there is none prior to backing it I assume I can do anything that is permitted within the game as long as I do not modify or use hacks of any type including freely trade with anyone I want because that is part of the game.

As for Cheating, I am sure Ashes will have an Anti-Cheat compared to Albion for that matter, and I doubt that Ashes will run into the same problem as Albion during launch with too many players, and having to rush to try to throw a band-aid fix on the problem.

Also I highly doubt that I would get banned from Ashes, or any other game for freely accepting currency, or people donating me currency, or items, simply because out of 17 years of MMO games and accepting donations, free currency, or trading freely has never gotten me banned in any game except Albion I highly doubt that would happen in a game developed in the U.S although lets say in theory it did happen in Ashes, its a U.S company which would make it easier to take it to small claims being under $1000 put into the game, and get my money back, as well as submit evidence of my entire banking history to prove that there was no outside purchases which I would freely do.

I also expect that Ashes OF Creation, will have less bots, and cheaters compared to Albion as the game has already taken a direction into discussing prevention of cheating and bots as it already has, and I will make sure to bring up the issue later in Q&A's and Discord about RMT, and currency to see what the stance is to prevent cheaters.

Personally I don't mind what people do behind closed doors which is considered their business if people want to RMT, its their money they should be allowed to do it, and IMO game companies shouldn't care, but the problem with RMT, is that it brings in illegal people, bots, cheaters, and in the case of Albion for example fraud which creates havoc on the economy, meanwhile games such as Second Life & Entropia do great with real economic cash its not always a bad thing just depends how its done, and obviously never purchase from illegal sites because those likely come from hackers, but between friends or whatever people do legally obtained items its a persons private business I couldn't care.
    You know, every thread on every game on every subject does not have to be tied to your obsessive vendetta over Albion.

But still you persist....
    Excession

edited July 2017
    Kyleran said:
    You know, every thread on every game on every subject does not have to be tied to your obsessive vendetta over Albion.

But still you persist....
    Thanks, yeah I know just a simple observation between two games I recently had backed, just saying I bet that AOC gets it done right with things such as a 64 bit client, and a proper anti-cheat, plus over-all since I have been sitting in the Ashes of creation discord for like a month or two at least now I have been watching the concept design and stuff its looking really good.

I also believe that one of the biggest problems AOC will not have is like Albion had for example having to wait 50 minutes to get into the game, and hundreds of players in a single city to the point where lower end computers start to lag, and the 32 bit limtiations, this is all great stuff I will make sure to bring up to the developers of AOC, and leave as feedback tomorrow just as a reminder and to make sure the same problems don't happen over there with the performance and stuff, although I think they already know about it, but its 4:00 AM my time so I won't bother until later today.

The problem with 32 bit systems, and 64 bit is that 32 bit programs are limited to 4GB, while 64 are limited to more, which is why I am hoping that AOC, will also be coded or will be code in 64 bit operating system code to prevent issues like lag and too many players etc.

Also I doubt this game has any issues with rampant fraud issues, and will allow people to freely trade among each-other without getting into trouble I rarely see any type of issues with this playing EVE myself for like 5 years on and off giving away free ships and stuff too.

I am still really tempted to go back and play EVE again now I might end up doing so until Ashes is released hard decision to make.

https://discordapp.com/invite/ashesofcreation Here is the discord link for anyone who want's to join to stay updated with news and questions etc.