Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Information on iOS Release

DeepfallDeepfall Member UncommonPosts: 51
Hello,

I'm researching what we know so far on the iOS version.
The latest new I found concerned the beta-test program. 

Are we days, weeks, or months from the release? Have the developers said anything?

Comments

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Probably months. I'm waiting for the iOS version as well, but my guess is they aren't finished with it yet. Then there's that pesky issue of the Apple approval process.

It is coming, but you'll have to be patient.

• DeepfallDeepfall Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Well, Let's hope the developpers start to communicate.
    Patience on mmorpg release is a sport  that never pays off.
    Deepfall said:

That's a player problem, not a developer problem.

edited July 2017
    Deepfall said:

That should be a huge developper concern, this is becoming a market problem. :P The mmorpg player base feels like it is shrinking. It is hard for me no to see a causation. Nearly all WoW Clone were unsuccessful, and the only successful sandbox game to have enjoyed a sustainable positive reputation is Eve Online. Gaming companies are not as much attracted by our niche than they used to be. Unless we consider the post-wow era as the most unproductive and unsuccessful period of time, it's of course a player concern as well.

I love Albion Online so far, I don't regret purchasing it today despite the complete absence of information on release information for the iOS version.

Would you know if the Android version is ready and marketed on the Google Store? I know that Apple approval may take one week, and I believe that Android users don't necesarily need to go through Google to get apps. I read on the official forum that a developper would have said, a couple days ago, that we were indeed months away from a iOS launch. I however could not find the quotation.
    Deepfall said:
    Deepfall said:

That should be a huge developper concern, this is becoming a market problem. :P The mmorpg player base feels like it is shrinking. It is hard for me no to see a causation. Nearly all WoW Clone were unsuccessful, and the only successful sandbox game to have enjoyed a sustainable positive reputation is Eve Online. Gaming companies are not as much attracted by our niche than they used to be. Unless we consider the post-wow era as the most unproductive and unsuccessful period of time, it's of course a player concern as well.

I love Albion Online so far, I don't regret purchasing it today despite the complete absence of information on release information for the iOS version.

Would you know if the Android version is ready and marketed on the Google Store? I know that Apple approval may take one week, and I believe that Android users don't necesarily need to go through Google to get apps. I read on the official forum that a developper would have said, a couple days ago, that we were indeed months away from a iOS launch. I however could not find the quotation.
    You can get the Android version directly from their site, but it's not in the store yet and unsupported.

I'm not an Android user, so you may want to ask in the AO forums how stable it is. The last time I had an Android device, I threw it in the river out of rage, reported it lost, and went back to iOS.
    DeepfallKyleran

Deepfall said:
    Deepfall said:

You can get the Android version directly from their site, but it's not in the store yet and unsupported.

I'm not an Android user, so you may want to ask in the AO forums how stable it is. The last time I had an Android device, I threw it in the river out of rage, reported it lost, and went back to iOS.
    I'm in fact wondering how many Android device meet the specs, 
    I will need ask, yes, it does not seem to be many existing threads on the subject.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    On the forums they said it will be months before iOS release.
    That's what I read, but I cannot find an official source.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Deepfall said:

4th post in this thread https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/57101-IOS-Release/?postID=562070#post562073
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    It will be a long time for iOS.  Apple will drag their feet hard on this game.   Apple will also likely make them make their subscriptions go through the AppStore (and all other purchases).   That is likely going to be a big headache for Sandbox Interactive.  Apple does not allow 3rd party payments in approved apps with very limited exceptions.  Exceptions are only to apps that will make apple plenty of money other ways (apple ads or something), not the case with Albion.  As a independent mobile developer, trust me, apple is an absolute pain in the ass with app approval.   No lie, you can get apps rejected if they are free and have non apple ads (producing no money for apple).  They will site you for BS reasons and you can change NOTHING but make it cost $0.99 and resubmit and it will get approved no problem.  It's all about $$ and they don't care how awesome a game is, they will delay and delay and delay it until they feel like they will get the share they want.   Just get rid of your iPad and get a android tablet and just download it like a normal person instead of having to get Apple's permission to install software on YOUR device that YOU overpaid for.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

edited July 2017
    Forgrimm said:
    Deepfall said:

4th post in this thread https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/57101-IOS-Release/?postID=562070#post562073
    Cheers!
    Then, this is settled.

@daranar: we understood you quiet well, you hate Apple.
    Daranar
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Deepfall said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Deepfall said:

Cheers!
    Then, this is settled.

@daranar: we understood you quiet well, you hate Apple.
    A perfectly reasonable position in my book.  :)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Daranar said:
    It will be a long time for iOS.  Apple will drag their feet hard on this game.   Apple will also likely make them make their subscriptions go through the AppStore (and all other purchases).   That is likely going to be a big headache for Sandbox Interactive.  Apple does not allow 3rd party payments in approved apps with very limited exceptions.  Exceptions are only to apps that will make apple plenty of money other ways (apple ads or something), not the case with Albion.  As a independent mobile developer, trust me, apple is an absolute pain in the ass with app approval.   No lie, you can get apps rejected if they are free and have non apple ads (producing no money for apple).  They will site you for BS reasons and you can change NOTHING but make it cost $0.99 and resubmit and it will get approved no problem.  It's all about $$ and they don't care how awesome a game is, they will delay and delay and delay it until they feel like they will get the share they want.   Just get rid of your iPad and get a android tablet and just download it like a normal person instead of having to get Apple's permission to install software on YOUR device that YOU overpaid for.
    Apple's approval is taking roughly 2-3 days. I submit new and updated apps at work all the time and that's how long it's been taking. It's not Apple, SI is not ready.

You are no iOS app developer. If you were you would know most of what you've said is bullshit. GTFO kid.

Torval said:
    Has anyone tried to sideload the Android APK onto a Kindle Fire? That would be pretty sweet.
    I don't think so. Have you searched the AO forums? There's been several people experimenting with Android devices and the client.

Torval said:
    No, I haven't looked into it. I'll check out their forums if I try and fiddle with it.
    Here's the sys reqs:

• Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher
    • A tablet with 7"+ screen size is required. (Phones can most likely run it, but are not officially supported)
    • ARMv7 (Cortex) or Atom CPU
    • OpenGL ES 2.0 support or higher
    • 2GB RAM or more. We expect the minimum RAM requirement to increase to 3 GB in the near future as the game keeps expanding.

Torval said:
    That RAM requirement is pretty burly almost crazy. A Fire won't meet that. Most tablets have 2GB - 3GB.
    Yeah, it seems pretty hefty. Here are a couple of posts I found. They're older, but may provide some insight.

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/3999-Kindle-Fire-APK/

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/12025-Amazon-Kindle-Yes-or-No/