Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TheHiveLeader - Launch Impressions, Thoughts, and Concerns

2»

Comments

• Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105

Wildstar doesn't get love but this one does?

I agree with you there
    Harikenpsychosiz1MayorDasMoose

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419

Wildstar doesn't get love but this one does?

Not to defend The Hive Leader on this, because, GOODNESS KNOWS, he can't be defended, but he did do some vids on Wildstar when it went F2P, which is the last BIG news to come out of WS since ever.

Anyway, imagining that The Hive Leader hasn't given love to your favorite game when there's something worth reporting on, well, that's just looney.

But, hey, that's just me.

And maybe mentioning it in his column that you feel neglected WILL GET YOU a vid on Wildstar. Who knows? Stranger things have happened.
    DistopiaOctagon7711
  • ShazPurShazPur Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I actually like the gearsystem, and even the Elite 1 version of the dungeons drops good stuff, and are not that difficult. The storymode dungeons are just that. Storymode, that should be enjoyed for the story rather than the loot.

If you like me are a completionist, who will clear out an entire area for content before moving on, the level system will make you overlevelled for the content throughout the game, especially if you coughed up for Patron status (the optional pseudosubscription system). In the old system you were limited by the QL-lvl of the gear that could be found in an area, so you could play it all without getting overpowererd for the content. If you play it all as Patron you'll hit lvl 50 early City of the Sun God.

Personally I miss the areas of difficult opponents that was around in old TSW, that had you readjust your builds. Those are just normal cannon fodder now. It IS a dumbed down version of the original game, but I'm glad to see the tab-targeting gone, and if the original game wasn't vialble financially I'd rather take the dumbed dom version rather than no version at all.
    EvilGeek
  • EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    I'm really enjoying it. I don't find their pay to win model restrictive at all, I can play all the story content without spending a penny, and the story content is where the game shines. No need to spend on inventory, which is usually the case with most FTP models. Story mode dungeons are fun but, I agree, loot needs some love, I do the dungeons for the fun, the loot isn't what I play them for.

Restrictions on repeating content hasn't bothered me at all, the game really isn't short on quests, there's easily enough to keep you leveled ahead of the curve.

Simplifying the combat suits me just fine, I think I had about 80% of the wheel unlocked in TSW but managed with pretty much the same build throughout the game (Blade/Chaos build). I like the fact that fights are generally quicker but do think a bit more difficulty wouldn't go amiss.

I can see the upgrading process becoming a pain as Egypt seems to be lacking in Anima rewards, to combat that I'm only upgrading with relevant pieces instead of everything and selling the rest. We'll see how that goes.

I hope this iteration is a success, TSW was a very niche game and I do feel bad for the old guard who feel they have been let down, they have, no denying that, but money has to come from somewhere, I hope SWL provides that. It's a unique world and setting, one I'd like to see continue.

I'm just hoping the new Aegis system won't be as bad as the old one, I gave up when I reached Tokyo, hated it.

psychosiz1

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The big problem for me was i just didn't like the game enough to relevel another character through the same content again. Doing Egypt again would be a nightmare to me. They should have figured out a way to let us play our old characters with the new build.
    Kyleran
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited July 2017
    EvilGeek said:
    ...who feel they have been let down, they have, no denying that, but money has to come from somewhere...
    TSW was the biggest contributor to their income till this January when they got the money shower from Exiles.
    ShazPur said:
    ... and if the original game wasn't vialble financially I'd rather take the dumbed dom version rather than no version at all.
    Except that was not the case. (but I start to sound like a broken record with this, so let's connect it with the following and then drop an earlier post)
    Hariken said:
    They should have figured out a way to let us play our old characters with the new build.
    There was nothing to figure out, just remember the whole "possible but not plausible" line... forget all the bullsh.t about the old characters would break with the new gearing, or the new achievements, or (the most pathetic) it would dishearten the new crowd to see all those endgame players. No character transfer because they didn't want to spend any money on the veteran players.

Read this http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7170255/#Comment_7170255  or watch Justin's interview with them (it's longer but definitely worths it, loved to see how they're squirming in their seats while trying to save some face after the year-long lies)
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited July 2017
    Congrats on the voice work. :-) I agree with the gear situation and lately I'm finding it better to just use one weapon instead of two. I noticed in the video you pretty much just used blood magic. That said I've rediscovered mods and am having a great time. Great video!

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey