Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the Reaper of Souls and rifts

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
I am playing on hard difficulty and am currently enjoying the game way more than I did when I was playing in normal mode. The game is at least hard enough that I die more often and I love that. Before I was not dying at all and was boring me to tears.

I decided to try different classes and am currently enjoying playing the Demon Hunter. I was playing the monk but somehow it got a bit tiresome the Demon Hunter forces me to kite and play with more thought then merely smashing keys as the monk and also the resource management on the Demon Hunter is tougher.

My question since I am only playing on Hard mode and then I doubt very much I will try other difficulties will I get any benefit from buying Reaper of Souls. I don't like the Crusader and doubt I will play that but I am interested in the bounties and rifts. With the gear I get from hard will I be able to take advantage of the bounties and rifts or are those only for harder modes than "hard".
Chamber of Chains
[Deleted User]

Comments

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Are bounties and rifts locked if you don't have Reaper of Souls?

I think rifts represent the majority of gameplay today. All of the end-game content is about rifts and bounties, to the point where I wouldn't even consider running the Story mode again.

The difficulty is adjustable based on your preference, though I believe Torment 1 is seen as the "baseline" for accessing all of the gear.

If you mainly enjoy the Story Mode and dislike clearing random zones, then I'd say you might not enjoy Reaper of Souls. With that in mind, all of the post release content revolves around running random content (it is pretty much the main design pillar, story being secondary). If I was selling Diablo 3 to a completely new player, I'd highlight that it's a game about running randomised maps and collecting better loot with each run. I'd also say the expansion is mandatory, as you can't do any of that without it. If you bought it for the story though, then I assume you can play through the story without the need for an expansion (it won't really enhance the story aspect in any significant way).
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I see yes I like the story so I play it for that. Sounds ridiculous but even in Grim Dawn I read every piece of paper I find and dialogue because I enjoy this more than the rest but I don't mind the hack slash play but I must have some story too. I am basically a story person and I don't a bit of grind but if there is random maps later on and that is all I will not be doing that. Is the act that is act V I think any good I might buy it for that alone 
    Chamber of Chains
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    That makes sense. In that case, the endgame is probably not for you. It's entirely about the gear grind, with no story at all.

Titan Quest is also worth a play, if you haven't tried that already.
    I played Titan years ago when it came out but I don't remember much at all but recently it was awfully cheap on GOG so I got a copy and will be replaying it. Thanks for replying.
    Chamber of Chains
    Whoa, okay the constant clicking is making my right arm ache. I gave up the Demon Hunter and I am back to the Monk. I play Grim Dawn a lot but the clicking is nowhere this intense in that game.
    Chamber of Chains