Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I?... WAS a Master BH...

oduinnoduinn Member Posts: 10

I had to take a break from gaming completely due to work not long after the CU hit. I was a Master BH (I liked being able to play a game where you can occasionally go do stuff solo), working towards Jedi, enjoying the game.

I come back and see all the horror stories. My guild is all gone. Nobody I knew from the past plays anymore. (I think) I'm currenlty playing EQ1 again. (getting bored with that) I miss SWG and the universe and just the overall Star Wars experience.

Is it worth it to try agian? What's left of my character from what I was? Is there anybody on the Tarquinas server anymore? Man, I enjoyed it before - but would I enjoy it now?

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Anyone who cancelled before the 15/11/05 has a free 15 day trial to try the entire game - not just the trial station.  All you need to to do is install the game, log in as usual with your old account and the trial will be activated.  I do however suggest waiting until Pub 28 goes live as that's when the player bounties goes live :)  In the meantime, you can do the 10 day trial (www.tryswg.com) to get the basics on the changes sorted out.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    You should atleast give the free trial a go before parting with any cash. Personally I wouldn't touch it as SWG seems to be getting a revamp every 6 months anyway and I doubt it'll last until the end of this year.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

Originally posted by Obraik

Anyone who cancelled before the 15/11/05 has a free 15 day trial to try the entire game - not just the trial station.  All you need to to do is install the game, log in as usual with your old account and the trial will be activated.  I do however suggest waiting until Pub 28 goes live as that's when the player bounties goes live :)  In the meantime, you can do the 10 day trial (www.tryswg.com) to get the basics on the changes sorted out.

Hmm I didnt know about the free 15 days,are you sure it's still active,I would like to check how many of my friends are still playing and if any have returned.

Originally posted by demolishIX

Originally posted by Obraik

Hmm I didnt know about the free 15 days,are you sure it's still active,I would like to check how many of my friends are still playing and if any have returned.

I persume so, I don't remember there being a time limit on it.  Only one way to find out tho :)

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    You people are some sick motherf**kers.

oduinn, don't listen to these a**holes. They're just joking. It's a terrible, terrible game. It's not what you played before. Something evil ate out its insides and took over the body. It's a broken third-person shooter game now. And the two or three people on this site that would tell you to re-subscribe make up 3/4ths of the population. They just don't want to suffer alone.

Bissrock dont be soo rude,I miss the game too but no reason to insult people that say they like the game,those people are the ones who never played pre-CU or even during CU.I say it aint worth it to play this game,just because of the bad devs and CSR not to mention the game itself.The only reason id come back would be to check if any of my friends came back or if any are left.And I would not pay for this game 1 cent,this game cant be called a MMO,and it's not worth the money to subscribe realy.But that is my oppinion,each person has a free will and each person can make choices individualy or as a whole.
  • oduinnoduinn Member Posts: 10

With hostilities like that, I grow even more worried.

However, I'm curious as to what happens with previous characters. One of the best things about SWG for me, (as I mentioned before), was the fact that you could log on and do a couple solo BH missions. And there was that small amount of anticipation hoping your mark had a good drop - that was always fun to me. I've yet to find that in another game.

Speaking of that - if anybody knows of another game thats out or coming, that is cooperative at it's core, but still allows you to go have fun solo, please advise me. With most of my game time limited nowdays, that's what I'm looking for....

The loot tables are still messed up ,a friend told me.Soo probably you aint going to get much from a very hard to kill mark,probably a CDEF with a +5 constitution on it.
  • BaldzuluBaldzulu Member Posts: 19
    The 15 day trial is still active...I just turned my on a couple days ago.

Thx for the info baldzulu,might as well reinstall SWG and see how many of my friends are still playing,got nothing to do since I am waiting to finish training on a long skill in eve online.
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by demolishIX
     Thx for the info baldzulu,might as well reinstall SWG and see how many of my friends are still playing,got nothing to do since I am waiting to finish training on a long skill in eve online.

been away for 3 months and had my GF train Gallente BS, heavy drones and engineering 5. Ahhhhhhh EVE rocks and SWG licks Jabbas sweaty balls!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

I came back from a 3 month break aswell, EVE is the best MMO ever (my oppinion atleast)...you just get hooked ,CSR is very nice and devs listen to the customers oppinions,most of the devs are european and they are doing a great job.

• duggoduggo Member Posts: 387

Originally posted by oduinn

However, I'm curious as to what happens with previous characters. One of the best things about SWG for me, (as I mentioned before), was the fact that you could log on and do a couple solo BH missions. And there was that small amount of anticipation hoping your mark had a good drop - that was always fun to me. I've yet to find that in another game.
    Speaking of that - if anybody knows of another game thats out or coming, that is cooperative at it's core, but still allows you to go have fun solo, please advise me. With most of my game time limited nowdays, that's what I'm looking for....

Just my opinion, but you might want to give CoH or CoV a try.  I've since stopped playing, but had some great times with teams and solo in CoH.  It's also a perfect game if your playstyle is to log on for a couple hours at a time -- but the gameplay wears thin if you try to spend the entire day playing it.  You might be disappointed if getting loot is a big part of the game for you as CoH lacks any real "phat lewt."

-d

Waiting on: Pirates of the Burning Sea and Pirates of the Carribean Online

Originally posted by Baldzulu
    The 15 day trial is still active...I just turned my on a couple days ago.

Well my account hasnt received 15 day trial,time to delete the game again.My friends probably are all gone from SWG and wont even come near it.

Those missions still exist.  The main loot drops from the BH marks that you'll be wanting is the BH armour schematics.  It's random on what peice will drop, so it can take many hunts before you actually have enough to make a full suit.  You take them to an Armoursmith and they can craft them for you and voilla, BH armour (looks like the stuff you see Blacksuns wearing in the DWB or on Yavin)

• XcathdraXcathdra Member CommonPosts: 1,027

Not to mention the BH system has been altered.

Having access to a billion $ IP - Billions of dollars..
    Having access to a massive fan base of said IP - Even more Billons...
    Singly handedly alienating them due to stupidity - Priceless.

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Not to mention the BH system has been altered.

Yeah, it was altered based on player feedback so it was like how it was pre-nge