Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P now available on STEAM

RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 7,137
If you ever played Fractured Space, the MOBA style Sci Fi space combat game. Well, Crossout is the Mad Max version and while the game balance is wonkers as most games like this are, it's still a pretty fun shoot em up, smash em up post apocalyptic game. Just started playing but game seems easy enough to understand in combat. Now to figure out the garage for building my monster truck of death!

Nyctelios

Comments

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,817
    What's the catch?
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

Current playing: 
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Shadowbringers; EvE Online

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,817
    Nyctelios said:
    What's the catch?
    It is unavailable on my region, that's the catch. Good Lord.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

Current playing: 
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Shadowbringers; EvE Online

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 7,137
    Nyctelios said:
    Nyctelios said:
    What's the catch?
    It is unavailable on my region, that's the catch. Good Lord.
    I'm sorry to hear that :(

Now that I think about it, it all makes sense. From as far back as I can remember, every competitive PvP game like this and even games like APB / APB: Reloaded where the matchmaking mechanics always seemed broken, I think I figured out why. These games are F2P and along with that, they all have elaborate cash shops for "improving" your kill factor. So imagine if they had a working matchmaking mechanic. Why would anyone need to buy from the cash shop?

By putting players of all varying skill and gear scores in the same match. You will find yourself wanting to upgrade quickly, rather than suffer countless losses. So, that explains why the matchmaking has never worked very well in these games. It would be counter productive in regards to the game developer making money.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,210
    edited July 2017
    Nyctelios said:
    What's the catch?
    I was just as puzzled reading the starter post... ok, I speak against Gabe and his steamy paws all the time, but still, Crossout is out for a while now, without any steamy clutches... so if they don't give you access, just download it from the game's original source :wink:

Also, "If you ever played Fractured Space, the MOBA style Sci Fi space combat game" personally I don't play mobas, so can't comment on that, but Crossout was announced as an Auto Assault successor, without the actual RPG part from the MMORPG. As in it's only the building and the combat, not the open world, exploration and questing. The building part is pretty huge though... but in the bottom line it's just a (vehicular) shooter.
    Po_gg said:
    Nyctelios said:
    What's the catch?
    I was just as puzzled reading the starter post... ok, I speak against Gabe and his steamy paws all the time, but still, Crossout is out for a while now, without any steamy clutches... so if they don't give you access, just download it from the game's original source :wink:

Also, "If you ever played Fractured Space, the MOBA style Sci Fi space combat game" personally I don't play mobas, so can't comment on that, but Crossout was announced as an Auto Assault successor, without the actual RPG part from the MMORPG. As in it's only the building and the combat, not the open world, exploration and questing. The building part is pretty huge though... but in the bottom line it's just a (vehicular) shooter.
    MOBAs are generally games with teams that fight each other down multiple lanes, usually with a base capture / destruction objective. It's not a traditional style MOBA but that is what it's closest to in my opinion. Granted Fractured Space is probably closer to that genre than this game, it's still fairly fun however you categorize it.