Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might as well keep playing Albion...

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Well, I bought the game in EA, so I might as well play it now.  Not like I have any other MMO releases to play.  Question:  In hours, or days, how much PvE grinding time does it take before you get to the PvP part of the game?

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    Um that depends which route you go if you are like me a huge crafter and go Jack OF All Trades maybe a week to get everything to level 4 if you play hours a day many hours... Might take longert if doing all crafts, refining, resource gathering, and fighting skills.

If you just want to PVP and you got a guild to level you and don't have to harvest or anything just straight up fighter not long at all tier 4 in like a few days max, and tier 8 not too long to get to.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Yeah, I don't plan to gather or craft at all.  Just combat.
    MrMelGibson
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, I don't plan to gather or craft at all.  Just combat.
    Yep then not long if you just spec for one role in combat one set of weapons for long doesn't take long at all.

And if your playing imo the only best thing about the game is crafting, and PVP / Black Zone, everything else just sucks because like every other game has better PVE just my view of the game Black Zone though full loot is the best.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Settling on your build is the hardest part.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]forcelimaMrMelGibson
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    I was thinking about a Warbow or Crossbow.  I tried Fire Mage and it didn't really do it for me.
    MrMelGibson
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    If you don't craft your own weapons and armor you will have to buy them from other players for silver.

+

If you plan to PVP you will lose your weapons and armor when you die.

Getting to Adept Gear is not hard and can be done in a few days of farming if you focus on one set of gear + weapon.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i dont understand how people can play these kinda games..

heavy instanced
    max 5vs5 combat
    designed around mobile gaming
    epic grinding
    prolly upcoming p2w elements because of mobile design

its not the companies faults tho, its the players fault who keep supporting crap games and buying early access games

And you wonder why there are no good mmo's to play

Gdemamibeebop500
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

heavy instanced
    max 5vs5 combat
    epic grinding

its not the companies faults tho, its the players fault who keep supporting crap games and buying early access games

I find it is usually better to get your facts straight before passing judgement on a game.

Yours are a bit off.
    Nephethforcelima[Deleted User]Marcus-MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Kyleran said:

heavy instanced
    max 5vs5 combat
    epic grinding

I find it is usually better to get your facts straight before passing judgement on a game.

Yours are a bit off.

Your being nice again Kyleran, did you see my message ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    edited July 2017
    Elsabolts said:
    Kyleran said:

heavy instanced
    max 5vs5 combat
    epic grinding

Yours are a bit off.

I did see your post Elsa, was thinking of replying just this morning, as I have a few questions 

I am trying to tone it down a bit, as I am almost 60 I decided to make some willful changes on my approach to several areas of my life.

TLDR version. I'm just trying to not be  intentionally unhappy and working on learning and embracing new ideas and technologies instead of being the sterotypical "older person" that has let the world pass them by.

Yeah, I know, still a work in progress  ;)
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibsonlaserit

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Will it be prohibitively expensive to just buy my own gear for PvP?  I'm not much of a gatherer or crafter.  Also, does full loot mean that people just generally wear worthless junk for PvP, because they're going to end up losing it anyway?

MrMelGibson
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    edited July 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Kyleran said:

heavy instanced
    max 5vs5 combat
    epic grinding

Yours are a bit off.

I did see your post Elsa, was thinking of replying just this morning, as I have a few questions 

I am trying to tone it down a bit, as I am almost 60 I decided to make some willful changes on my approach to several areas of my life.

TLDR version. I'm just trying to not be  intentionally unhappy and working on learning and embracing new ideas and technologies instead of being the sterotypical "older person" that has let the world pass them by.

LoL I'm 66 Kyleran but I refuse to ajust. My mind says I'm 30 the body not so much.
    MrMelGibsonobii
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Will it be prohibitively expensive to just buy my own gear for PvP?  I'm not much of a gatherer or crafter.  Also, does full loot mean that people just generally wear worthless junk for PvP, because they're going to end up losing it anyway?

Its been my experience in other full loot gear people will wear good gear when they believe there is little risk of loss.

I expect fights to be largely unbalanced affairs with smart players following a standard rule I learned in EVE, if you ever find yourself in a fair fight you've done something terribly wrong. ;)

LOL, OK.  Also, when you enter a PvP zone, is it always through a set gateway?  Is there any mechanism in place to stop people from jumping you the second you zone in?
    edited July 2017
    LOL, OK.  Also, when you enter a PvP zone, is it always through a set gateway?  Is there any mechanism in place to stop people from jumping you the second you zone in?
    There is but there is a known exploit where people or groups will kill you anyways not sure if its fixed yet.

Also areas are clearly marked by zone color and it should give you a warning before entering a pvp zone.
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Kyleran said:

heavy instanced
    max 5vs5 combat
    epic grinding

Yours are a bit off.

You should download the game and join us in Kings Never Die. We're just a place to hang out and help each other when that works out.
    Yeah, but you know me, a bit obsessive about playing one game at a time.

Still working on that, despite having 3 new games I'm only playing the first one I downloaded. 

Maybe I'll try to break another paradigm this weekend.  ;)
    MrMelGibsonManWithNoTan[Deleted User]

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited July 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Kyleran said:

heavy instanced
    max 5vs5 combat
    epic grinding

Yours are a bit off.

You should download the game and join us in Kings Never Die. We're just a place to hang out and help each other when that works out.
    Yeah, but you know me, a bit obsessive about playing one game at a time.

Still working on that, despite having 3 new games I'm only playing the first one I downloaded. 

Maybe I'll try to break another paradigm this weekend.  ;)
    I find the trick to this is to get a couple (or few) games that are very different.  For example, atm I'm rotating between Fallout 4 (Shooter/rpg), X-Com 2 replay (Strategy rpg) and ESO and occasional SWL (MMOs).  If they are different enough. You can just choose which genre you feel like playing that night.  

Focusing on a really good game is also good if you are really into it.  Just my .02
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
    Another Albion question:  Is it possible to play a plate wearer as a DPS type and not a tank?  Is that what 2H weapons are for?  Thanks!
    MrMelGibson
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I was wearing plate and using a fire staff for solo dungeon runs, to get more DPS and more armor. Seemed to work fine in PVE. Not sure about PVP yet, or if that requires special builds.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]MrMelGibson