Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A bit of a disapointment... ok, a pretty big disapontment.

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Pretty sure this is a troll thread at this point.
    [Deleted User]
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    edited July 2017
    Wow.

When I looked into this game, at no point did I consider it to look anything like a MMO.  I however, have had a lot of experience with survival games, and I know that they are pretty much always small, server oriented games with smaller player caps.

Open world does not mean MMO.  'Thousands' does not mean MMO.  The fact that you can destroy your enemies and their bases does not mean it is a MMO.  It sounds to me that you simply did not do any research on the game, and then decided to essentially make a blind purchase.  You then charge back on your CC and blame the company for being fraudulent, when in reality, it was your fault all along. 

This is absolutely hilarious, considering the wealth of resources you have available to you.  The countless gaming review sites (including this one).. Youtube.. Twitch.. Reddit,  So on and so forth.  I'm not saying you don't have a right to get your money back if you aren't happy..  But you aren't happy because YOU made the mistake of being lazy.  It's sad that in this case, you didn't really have to face the consequences.

You may have actually learned something.

In addition, you give people a bad impression on this game.  Plenty of people will read your post title and assume the game is trash.  It's actually pretty good now, for the survival game.
    ForgrimmAzaron_NightbladeMrMelGibsonKyleranNephethYashaX
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    So much hate.  It was $29... not $40, and wasn't about the money.  It's about getting what I paid for, which I felt I didn't.  The game description led me to believe it was a sandbox spinoff of Age of Conan (an MMO).  Had it been clear it was not and that servers were small and private, there would have been a 0% chance I of me purchasing this game, so I did the only option that was available... I contested the charge based on a fraudulent game description.  The looked, they agreed, they are putting back the money.  The end.

And I'm not a kid or college student and not remotely worried about my credit rating for contesting a purchase...lol...not sure where you came up with that garbage. You're kinda reaching with that ridiculousness...
    KyleranNephethEpicJohnsonYashaX
    DAS1337 said:
    Wow.

When I looked into this game, at no point did I consider it to look anything like a MMO.  I however, have had a lot of experience with survival games, and I know that they are pretty much always small, server oriented games with smaller player caps.

Open world does not mean MMO.  'Thousands' does not mean MMO.  The fact that you can destroy your enemies and their bases does not mean it is a MMO.  It sounds to me that you simply did not do any research on the game, and then decided to essentially make a blind purchase.  You then charge back on your CC and blame the company for being fraudulent, when in reality, it was your fault all along. 

This is absolutely hilarious, considering the wealth of resources you have available to you.  The countless gaming review sites (including this one).. Youtube.. Twitch.. Reddit,  So on and so forth.  I'm not saying you don't have a right to get your money back if you aren't happy..  But you aren't happy because YOU made the mistake of being lazy.  It's sad that in this case, you didn't really have to face the consequences.

In addition, you give people a bad impression on this game.  Plenty of people will read your post title and assume the game is trash.  It's actually pretty good now, for the survival game.

I have zero "survival game experience". "Open world" combined with "thousands of others" combined with "you can destroy your enemies and their bases leads" to MMO... especially considering Age of Conan was an MMO and this was likened to a sandbox version to AoC (in the research I didn't do).  Finding info about a game that isn't released isn't easy and gameplay videos don't show anything regarding server populations and setup.  I found what I could, read the info on their site, came to a conclusion based on that (which read as MMO) and purchased the game.  It was not what I was lead to believe... so I asked for my money back.  That simple.
    EpicJohnsonYashaX
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    So instead of admitting that you didn't do your research and made an un-informed purchase, which was pointed out many times here, you instead decide to make a false claim of a fraudulent purchase. Way to accept responsibility for your actions kid.
    MrMelGibsonKyleranNephethEpicJohnson[Deleted User]k61977YashaX
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    DAS1337 said:
    Wow.

I have zero "survival game experience". "Open world" combined with "thousands of others" combined with "you can destroy your enemies and their bases leads" to MMO... especially considering Age of Conan was an MMO and this was likened to a sandbox version to AoC (in the research I didn't do).  Finding info about a game that isn't released isn't easy and gameplay videos don't show anything regarding server populations and setup.  I found what I could, read the info on their site, came to a conclusion based on that (which read as MMO) and purchased the game.  It was not what I was lead to believe... so I asked for my money back.  That simple.
    Again, you're the only person that didn't understand this wasn't an MMO.  If everyone else knows what's going on and you don't, guess what?  It's your fault.  The end.
    ForgrimmultimateduckKyleranNephethPhryk61977YashaX

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Before you purchase your next game I suggest you do adequate research. If you had you would have know the game wasn't going to meet your expectations.

I have never before heard anyone assert that a massive population is an intrinsic component of a sandbox game. It is the free form nature of play that defines sandbox, not the number of persons involved in that play.
    KyleranNephethPhryYashaX
    Damn... some pissed off fanbois.  I did research it.  As you admit, some sites have it labeled an MMO.  The official site didn't use the specific term MMO, but they eluded to it as I've shown.  Yet, you're such a fanboi you can't admit how someone could have possibly been led down the wrong path and is disappointed.  I didn't read anywhere where anyone said this wasn't an MMO and that servers we small and privately owned.  I've known a few people who were going to buy the game because they thought it was an MMO. They didn't because I did and told them it wasn't... that's the only way they knew. 

At the end of the day, I bought something that I thought was something else if for no other reason than the official site had a complete lack of information (if that makes you happy).  In the real world, you are allowed to return something you purchased if you don't like it or if it didn't live up to your expectations.  This is something I purchased that I didn't use that I don't like and didn't live up to my expectations.  I'm not sure why that pisses people off so much.

NephethEpicJohnsonPhryvandal5627YashaX
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    OP

You had 2 hours of gameplay to get a 100% no questions asked refund through Steam. Guess you haven't done your research on that either.

You give us some bullshit about a "fraudulent game description"

Here is Steam's game description:

"An open-world survival game set in the brutal lands of Conan the Barbarian! Survive in a hostile world, build your kingdom, and dominate your enemies in both single and multiplayer!"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440900/Conan_Exiles/

Maybe it's your reading comprehension that should be brought into question.

KyleranTheScavengerNephethEpicJohnson[Deleted User]Phryk61977YashaX

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Robokapp said:
    Ginaz said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Wow.

Again, you're the only person that didn't understand this wasn't an MMO.  If everyone else knows what's going on and you don't, guess what?  It's your fault.  The end.
    this site advertises it as an MMO when their own official site does not. I don't see how you could miss that on their official forums. Someone will get sued one day for false advertisement and then it'll get really interesting.
    Where has this site advertised it as an MMORPG? 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    I don't play and only half way follow it on the Steam Forums, but even I know as a EA release all the parts aren't there yet.

More of the map is being released and I've seen the server sizes will go up down the road too.  In fact if I'm not mistaken they were set at 100 for awhile until they found a problem and had to scale them back.

It sounds like the real problem was expecting a 100% completed game while it was in Early Access.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Renoaku said:
    Yeah, and the fact the game uses Denvuo so I wasted like $30 on the game and can't even play it because I don't consent to this DRM on my computer, 

I believe that program is optional and you can remove / not use it.  They talked about it on the Steam Forums.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited July 2017
    Nebless said:
    Renoaku said:
    Yeah, and the fact the game uses Denvuo so I wasted like $30 on the game and can't even play it because I don't consent to this DRM on my computer, 

theres you go again blah blah blah denvuo blah blah blah
    KyleranYashaX
    Distopia said:
    Robokapp said:

this site advertises it as an MMO when their own official site does not. I don't see how you could miss that on their official forums. Someone will get sued one day for false advertisement and then it'll get really interesting.
    Where has this site advertised it as an MMORPG? 
    It hasn't.  People are just pulling things out of their ass.  This site has covered more than just MMO's for awhile now.  Case in point. http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/467025/fortnite-is-a-game-you-want-to-try-not-so-mmo-mmorpg-com/p1

laserit said:
    OP

You had 2 hours of gameplay to get a 100% no questions asked refund through Steam. Guess you haven't done your research on that either.

You give us some bullshit about a "fraudulent game description"

Here is Steam's game description:

"An open-world survival game set in the brutal lands of Conan the Barbarian! Survive in a hostile world, build your kingdom, and dominate your enemies in both single and multiplayer!"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440900/Conan_Exiles/

Maybe it's your reading comprehension that should be brought into question.

Like I said earlier, his problem lies between his chair and keyboard.
    YashaX

edited July 2017
    Damn... some pissed off fanbois.  I did research it.  As you admit, some sites have it labeled an MMO.  The official site didn't use the specific term MMO, but they eluded to it as I've shown.  Yet, you're such a fanboi you can't admit how someone could have possibly been led down the wrong path and is disappointed.  I didn't read anywhere where anyone said this wasn't an MMO and that servers we small and privately owned.  I've known a few people who were going to buy the game because they thought it was an MMO. They didn't because I did and told them it wasn't... that's the only way they knew. 

At the end of the day, I bought something that I thought was something else if for no other reason than the official site had a complete lack of information (if that makes you happy).  In the real world, you are allowed to return something you purchased if you don't like it or if it didn't live up to your expectations.  This is something I purchased that I didn't use that I don't like and didn't live up to my expectations.  I'm not sure why that pisses people off so much.

I played a grand of 11 hours the first week or 2 and haven't touched it since.  It's not a very good game, IMO, at least not at this point.  So, not a fanboy.

Again, the overwhelming majority (meaning everyone but you) who bought the game knew what it was and what it wasn't.  Funny how everyone else wasn't "mislead" or "duped".  Only you.  How was I able to know exactly what Conan Exiles was and you didn't?  We have access to the exact same resources for finding info.  The fact you have "friends" that were going to make the same mistake you did isn't surprising.

BTW, in the real world, companies don't have to take back what you bought from them and give you back your money.  It's a courtesy and a general customer service policy most companies follow.

YashaX

Rhoklaw said:
    Conan Exiles is an MMO, because apparently now you only need more than 1 person playing together online to qualify it as being called an MMO.
    People are calling MOBAs MMO's these days.  While technically correct, it's not what most of us would consider proper use of the term.  Maybe that's what got the OP so confused?  For some people a game is an MMO if you have 20 people playing together while for another you have to have thousands.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]YashaX

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    edited July 2017
    Rhoklaw said:
    Conan Exiles is an MMO, because apparently now you only need more than 1 person playing together online to qualify it as being called an MMO.
    You should check out the Tic Tac Toe MMO that launched recently; it's a must try.
    Nilden

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    edited July 2017
    Ginaz said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    People are calling MOBAs MMO's these days.  While technically correct, it's not what most of us would consider proper use of the term.  Maybe that's what got the OP so confused?  For some people a game is an MMO if you have 20 people playing together while for another you have to have thousands.
    This is why it is important to properly define genres and accurately classify things. If I'm looking to buy a new racing game it isn't helpful when a bunch of sports game show up on a search. That's the epitome of stupid and makes zero sense.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]YashaX

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Is Dark & Light better than this? someone said something about D&L having goblins so that kind of grabbed me cause I gravitate to where the goblins are.
    edited July 2017
    I think Ginaz has taken this personally. 

My wife bought a watch for her triathlon training.  Even though the type of display it used was noted on the box, you just don't know how you will like it until you try it, and after using it for one of her training blocks she decided she didn't like the display, so we took it back and got a refund.  The Garmin people or the people on the triathlon boards she visited to ask about display setting didn't get all pissy because we were "too stupid to do research"... they were all in agreement that if she didn't like it, she should return it... this is standard practice.  

It seems every one of you pissy kids would just suck it up and begrudgingly keep something you get and don't like.  I do not... I take it back. FunCom wasn't clear about server setup.  The boards weren't clear about server setup.  Everything I read about this game eluded to it being an MMO.  I have yet to see anyone post anything dated prior to my original post which shows the games server setup... it certainly isn't on the official site.  Not until I logged in to the game did I see server the setup.  I then logged into one of the few open servers with people in it and asked if all servers were like this, they said yes and I logged out, contacted FunCom and asked for a refund.  They didn't reply so I contacted my bank.  It's that simple.  It's sad that you feel you have to keep something you just purchased, that you don't want and will never use.  If that's how you live your live, good on you.  Don't get mad at someone who doesn't.  Perhaps FunCom should have been a little more open with their information.

KyleranEpicJohnsonYashaX
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited July 2017

My wife bought a watch for her triathlon training.  Even though the type of display it used was noted on the box, you just don't know how you will like it until you try it, and after using it for one of her training blocks she decided she didn't like the display, so we took it back and got a refund.  The Garmin people or the people on the triathlon boards she visited to ask about display setting didn't get all pissy because we were "too stupid to do research"... they were all in agreement that if she didn't like it, she should return it... this is standard practice.  

It seems every one of you pissy kids would just suck it up and begrudgingly keep something you get and don't like.  I do not... I take it back. FunCom wasn't clear about server setup.  The boards weren't clear about server setup.  Everything I read about this game eluded to it being an MMO.  I have yet to see anyone post anything dated prior to my original post which shows the games server setup... it certainly isn't on the official site.  Not until I logged in to the game did I see server the setup.  I then logged into one of the few open servers with people in it and asked if all servers were like this, they said yes and I logged out, contacted FunCom and asked for a refund.  They didn't reply so I contacted my bank.  It's that simple.  It's sad that you feel you have to keep something you just purchased, that you don't want and will never use.  If that's how you live your live, good on you.  Don't get mad at someone who doesn't.  Perhaps FunCom should have been a little more open with their information.

my approach to consumerism is completely different from yours.
    To be frank, in todays day and age i would be flat out embarrassed if i bought a game thinking it was an MMO but it wasnt. I would feel like a complete moron.

Finding out very important things like that about a game isnt hard to do and its not even a question that needs to be asked.
    NephethYashaX

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

SEANMCAD said:

my approach to consumerism is completely different from yours.
    To be frank, in todays day and age i would be flat out embarrassed if i bought a game thinking it was an MMO but it wasnt. I would feel like a complete moron.

Finding out very important things like that about a game isnt hard to do and its not even a question that needs to be asked.

Maybe you have more time to research things like this than I do.  Had I thought it was something other than an MMO, I would have asked.  The thought of it not being an MMO never crossed my mind. 

That said, I should have to dig through countless pages of boards and reviews to find basic information out about a game.  This is not information that is available on the Conan Exiles site... bad on them. 

I wasn't even remotely embarrassed to ask... It was quite easy.  I joked about how much of a dorky request it was to contest the charges, we laughed, he asked what else I played, I told him (he plays Overwatch)... talked a bit about games and they put the money back in.  The end.  Sad on you to be embarrassed.  It's your money.  Why hand it to someone because they were so vague on their one site that you got the wrong impression about something you purchased and wanted a refund?

NephethYashaX
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

It seems every one of you pissy kids would just suck it up and begrudgingly keep something you get and don't like.  I do not... I take it back. FunCom wasn't clear about server setup.  The boards weren't clear about server setup.  Everything I read about this game eluded to it being an MMO.  I have yet to see anyone post anything dated prior to my original post which shows the games server setup... it certainly isn't on the official site.  Not until I logged in to the game did I see
    server the setup.  I then logged into one of the few open servers with people in it and asked if all servers were like this, they said yes and I logged out, contacted FunCom and asked for a refund.  They didn't reply so I contacted my bank.  It's that simple.  It's sad that you feel you have to keep something you just purchased, that you don't want and will never use.  If that's how you live your live, good on you.  Don't get mad at someone who doesn't.  Perhaps FunCom should have been a little more open with their information.

Let's  set the record straight. In your watch example I assume she returned it within the terms of the store's return policy.

Some clearance stores near me have a no return or store credit only policy. Penny's just let my wife return clothing she bought over a year ago (new, still with tags and receipt) 

So mileage varies here. If you bought this on Steam (which was yet another mistake on your part if not) then you had a 2 hour free trial window with a no questions asked refund policy.

If you bought it off Funcoms site there is a clear link to their 14 day return policy, if you did not download the game.

But, it even states if a customer wishes a refund outside of the policy to contact Funcom for assistance.

This you correctly did, but 4 days is no way a reasonable period for you to expect a reply, especially for a non standard return.  Could take them several weeks to get to your request, research to see how much you played, time elapsed since purchase etc and make a decision.

Instead you did something I consider reprehensible, charging back a purchase you had no valid cause for doing so. 

I bought ESO at launch and after a few weeks of play they made an announcement raising the level cap and adding new PVE grind.

I thought they were going to follow DAOCs design of staying capped at 50 forever, which was a research error on my part.

As the game had a rough launch, I felt it was not a good purchase (I had bought a $100 digital collectors edition) and I contacted Zenimax and requested a refund based on poor quality and their misrepresentation of the game's direction.

I had only reached level 33 on one character and only played casually for a few weeks so felt a refund was warranted.  Other folks were getting refunds at this time, but I got a reply back saying after reviewing my account activity they would have to decline.

I was a bit pissed, I sent a note back saying to please close my account, remove me from the mailing list and I would never buy one of their products again.

They did as I wished and I have never gone back, nor will I,  stubborn about keeping my promises.

What I did not do was a chargeback, it was unwarranted despite my feelings, they were in their rights to decline.

At the end of the day you breeched a purchase agreement

You are fine with it,  most of us here find you at fault. 

Best to move along.

Nepheth[Deleted User]EpicJohnsonAethaerynk61977Sovrath

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Let's  set the record straight. In your watch example I assume she returned it within the terms of the store's return policy.

Some clearance stores near me have a no return or store credit only policy. Penny's just let my wife return clothing she bought over a year ago (new, still with tags and receipt) 

So mileage varies here. If you bought this on Steam (which was yet another mistake on your part if not) then you had a 2 hour free trial window with a no questions asked refund policy.

If you bought it off Funcoms site there is a clear link to their 14 day return policy, if you did not download the game.

But, it even states if a customer wishes a refund outside of the policy to contact Funcom for assistance.

This you correctly did, but 4 days is no way a reasonable period for you to expect a reply, especially for a non standard return.  Could take them several weeks to get to your request, research to see how much you played, time elapsed since purchase etc and make a decision.

Instead you did something I consider reprehensible, charging back a purchase you had no valid cause for doing so. 

I bought ESO at launch and after a few weeks of play they made an announcement raising the level cap and adding new PVE grind.

I thought they were going to follow DAOCs design of staying capped at 50 forever, which was a research error on my part.

As the game had a rough launch, I felt it was not a good purchase (I had bought a $100 digital collectors edition) and I contacted Zenimax and requested a refund based on poor quality and their misrepresentation of the game's direction.

I had only reached level 33 on one character and only played casually for a few weeks so felt a refund was warranted.  Other folks were getting refunds at this time, but I got a reply back saying after reviewing my account activity they would have to decline.

I was a bit pissed, I sent a note back saying to please close my account, remove me from the mailing list and I would never buy one of their products again.

They did as I wished and I have never gone back, nor will I,  stubborn about keeping my promises.

What I did not do was a chargeback, it was unwarranted despite my feelings, they were in their rights to decline.

At the end of the day you breeched a purchase agreement

You are fine with it,  most of us here find you at fault. 

Best to move along.

It wouldn't have mattered if it was within the return policy or not.  A next day return (or in this specific case, a 15 minute return) is not out of scope for good customer care.  Had they said they would not take back her watch because it was taken out of the box, the result would have been the same... take it back or we will leave it sitting on your counter, walk out and stop payment and they simply wouldn't get our business anymore.

You playing the shit out of a game over the period of a few weeks is not the same as me not playing the game at all.  I get why they didn't refund your money... you actually logged in multiple times over the course of about a month then asked for a refund because it wasn't like another game that you enjoyed (FYI, no game will stand up to what DAoC did, it's the best MMO made to date IMO).

I did not know Steam had a return policy... so yes, bad on me.  I've never purchased anything through them before.  I am not going to let a purchase sit in my account for weeks waiting for them to get around to a reply (which they still have yet to do).  Few things piss me off more than a company that has no direct contact information that forces you to communicate via email and then takes weeks to get a reply.  My bank had no issues with the timeline.  Had they said "give them more time to reply" I would have.  At the end of the day, according to you, they would have given my money back regardless.  So why do you care if I got my money back according to my timeline rather than sit around and hope they got back to me sometime in the next few weeks and decided to return my money then?

Again, fanbois that just want to be mad.

KyleranEpicJohnsonYashaX