Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am interested in creating a Non-Profit, No Cash Shop, Hardcore MMORPG, because I feel like I see a

Siegecraft.orgSiegecraft.org Member UncommonPosts: 35
I am interested in creating a Non-Profit, No Cash Shop, Hardcore MMORPG, because I feel like I see a lot of negativity around here of a bleak outlook of all developer games coming out. Will add more later.

Will be based on crafting and economy, open world pvp, one shard world server, non profit and no shops.
GdemamiAzaron_Nightblade

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Goonswarm would suggest Eve I believe.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    The same forum site that is complaining about pay to win is currently hyperexictied about a pay to win game....fortnite.

I think people either need to stop working for PR firms or they need to step back and take a look at their life (not refering to the op)
    KyleranArclan

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Siegecraft.orgSiegecraft.org Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Torval said:
    Let us know when you've transitioned from "will be" to "is".
    It can be ready immediately, I am just seeing if there is interest. I see a lot of negative outlook here, which is justifiable, and am trying to come up with solutions.
    KyleranlaxieGdemamiArclanAzaron_Nightblade
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Torval said:
    It can be ready immediately, I am just seeing if there is interest...
    Pop-up mmo?
    maskedweasel
    Forgrimm said:
    Torval said:
    Pop-up mmo?
    It is on standby, i have to spend my own money to pay developers and to start up the Hosting, of it doesn't take long.
    Arclan
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited July 2017
    Said non-profit twice, where will most of the money come from to run the game?
    PurplePoloPlayer

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Said non-profit twice, where will most of the money come from to run the game?
    Hello, thanks for the question, I can personally pay for hundreds to a thousand+ simultaneous users online, but anymore than that I probably need to cut expenses in real life or need donations from players that would have zero benefit to them personally.
    GdemamiArclan
  • EothasEothas Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I can personally pay for hundreds to a thousand+ simultaneous users online
    So you are only counting server costs? Curious if by "creating a MMO" do you mean hosting a ''private'' WoW server?
    KyleranArclan
    Eothas said:
    I can personally pay for hundreds to a thousand+ simultaneous users online
    So you are only counting server costs? Curious if by "creating a MMO" do you mean hosting a ''private'' WoW server?
    Yes exactly.
    GdemamiAllerleirauh
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Forgrimm said:
    Torval said:
    Pop-up mmo?
    It is on standby, i have to spend my own money to pay developers and to start up the Hosting, of it doesn't take long.
    You're looking to see if there is interest, but the details are sadly absent.  Not the most effective marketing strategy.  Let's see if some questions will help begin to fill out some details.

Are you using a packaged MMO development system?  If not, who did your network coding?  What about other game systems?  Who is the lead artist?  What are the system requirements?

Who designed the basic systems?  Characters?  Combat?  Who wrote the lore?  Is this Fantasy, SF, or some other genre?

Arclan

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    To play on the server you will only need to create an account using your birth date, government id number, and address.
    MendelArclan
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Horusra said:
    To play on the server you will only need to create an account using your birth date, government id number, and address.
    That was also in the back of my mind.
    Arclan

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2017
    I really see no scenario where a "hardcore" WOW private server can succeed to any great degree.

But who  knows, maybe you can surprise me.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
     The non-profit part had me snorting wine out of my nose.  

Arclan
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Um but how are you going to get the funding to create such a good game unless you are rich already?

Like I would totally donate to play a non profit game with AAA content that doesnt ever ask for money and is great kinda like the wikipedia does when they ask for donations I think it is yearly for one of the biggest internet dictionaries.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Lawyers don't care if non-profit is in front of your WoW Server, you could call it the "Creating Wishes for Children WoW Server" and you will still see that legal notice in your inbox.  Basically saying get rekted.
    laxieArclan
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • cloud3431cloud3431 Member CommonPosts: 9
    when you figure out how to run the servers and add content without getting income, i'll be glad to play it........
    Arclan
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Has anyone ever actually seen an MMO made by someone posting about making one or wanting to make one on a random forum? I haven't personally. Even many kickstarter MMOs end up failing, and they are FAR higher end than a random dude on a forum posting about making his dream MMO.

I have however seen indie devs make niche games that are singleplayer or roguelikes and similar lower end (but sometimes still good) 2d games. But when they post about their game on a forum, they (most of the time) already have stuff to show and roguelikes and indie 2d games are far easier to make than an MMO. 

But never seen a random dude posting on a forum about wanting to make his dream business, or dream game, or dream MMO ever actually do anything with it lol.

And why not use kickstarter and show stuff off instead of posting on a random forum?
    Arclan

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Hashbrick said:
    Lawyers don't care if non-profit is in front of your WoW Server, you could call it the "Creating Wishes for Children WoW Server" and you will still see that legal notice in your inbox.  Basically saying get rekted.
    the clueless get into legal troubles just like 'Yeah! that would be great i wold love to meet the russians, does 4pm sound good?'
    Arclan

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I would advise against a WoW server. Blizzard seems to be cracking down on them. Using someone elses IP is also illegal, so you are shooting yourself in the leg by principle.

One reason why I left the Minecraft server scene was due to monetization limitations. Unlike Blizzard, Mojang actually encourages private servers, but informally provides an outline of what you can and can't monetize. Even though I'd argue my monetization strategy was a lot less exploitative than the vast majority of other servers, it did not align with the rules provided by Mojang. So I decided to try making a game on my own.

Making a community based on another product is always an unstable proposition.
    Arclan[Deleted User]
  • ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    edited July 2017
    Has anyone ever actually seen an MMO made by someone posting about making one or wanting to make one on a random forum? I haven't personally. Even many kickstarter MMOs end up failing, and they are FAR higher end than a random dude on a forum posting about making his dream MMO.

I have however seen indie devs make niche games that are singleplayer or roguelikes and similar lower end (but sometimes still good) 2d games. But when they post about their game on a forum, they (most of the time) already have stuff to show and roguelikes and indie 2d games are far easier to make than an MMO. 

But never seen a random dude posting on a forum about wanting to make his dream business, or dream game, or dream MMO ever actually do anything with it lol.

And why not use kickstarter and show stuff off instead of posting on a random forum?
    Agreed.  Y'know, I seen me a mermaid once. I even seen me a shark eat an octopus. But I ain't never seen no phantom Russian submarine.  Nor forum poster make an MMO.    

That aside, I wish you ever success and would not discourage someone from following something they are passionate about; especially gaming
    laxie

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Arclan said:

Agreed.  Y'know, I seen me a mermaid once. I even seen me a shark eat an octopus. But I ain't never seen no phantom Russian submarine.  Nor forum poster make an MMO.    

That aside, I wish you ever success and would not discourage someone from following something they are passionate about; especially gaming
    Admit it, you just posted because you saw the word "interested" in the title. xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I am interested in creating a Non-Profit, No Cash Shop, Hardcore MMORPG, because I feel like I see a lot of negativity around here of a bleak outlook of all developer games coming out. Will add more later.

Will be based on crafting and economy, open world pvp, one shard world server, non profit and no shops.
    That's nice.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Kickstarter upcoming! Wallets open, chaps! Spend big! :mrgreen:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

I think be more open minded and expect the unexpected, of life is more random and spontaneous than you would think, which keeps it interesting. Life would be boring if people did the same formula for a millenia. I am trying to edit the original top post.

To answer people's questions, the server will either be hosted in N.A. or Europe. Surprisingly Europeans are common MMORPG players and can sometimes be the dominant population numbers wise, so thats why its a hard decision. Here are actual links to gameplay and ingame footage recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkhZdZMvfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sazLW1dGa2c

http://imgur.com/a/RRm6N

http://imgur.com/a/JIQ5o

http://imgur.com/a/0ARAq

[Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.