Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My opinion on mmorpg community

nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
edited July 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
The most imporant thing in mmorpg is people actually played it.

I have try archeage. its a good game, but literally hard to find anyone..it is because too much separate server. feel like playing a single player game.

i like ragnarok online. but i have played it too much and after i get 2nd job i get bored. but many people still play it so i just log in to watch people and chat.

i like world of warcraft free edition till level 20. yes the graphic is toaster but the art fantasy style is good. i get the mood. it has nostalgic feelings. same like RO, u can see more people play it compared to archeage.

i like gw2 but i have played too much to play it again.

i like teso but i hate fps aim so i dont play it

i like ff14 but the sub doesnt worth it

so i downloaded neverwinter, dungeon and dragon online, i will review it later. this game look good, old but gold.
GdemamiholdenfiveSBFord

Comments

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    edited July 2017
    ok

i don't really understand your purpose in posting this thread because your English seems a little broken. if you are inferring that community is the most important aspect of an mmorpg....then i agree with you and others may or may not.
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    I couldnt have said it better myself. This is exactly how I feel. Played this game too much. So fuck it really, dont even count bro.
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Seems more of an opinion on MMORPGs than the community to me O_o
    TheScavenger

imageimage

• holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    TaishiFox said:
    Seems more of an opinion on MMORPGs than the community to me O_o
    I think he meant to address it to the community. Like 'Im taking the car, Dad'. 
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    your list is sad... play better games
    StoneRosesTaishiFox

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    Pemmin said:
    ok

i don't really understand your purpose in posting this thread because your English seems a little broken. if you are inferring that community is the most important aspect of an mmorpg....then i agree with you and others may or may not.
    lol.. broken so what...i master 10 language..at least i understand
    SBFord[Deleted User]Eothas
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    The most imporant thing in mmorpg is people actually played it.

I have try archeage. its a good game, but literally hard to find anyone..it is because too much separate server. feel like playing a single player game.

i like ragnarok online. but i have played it too much and after i get 2nd job i get bored. but many people still play it so i just log in to watch people and chat.

i like world of warcraft free edition till level 20. yes the graphic is toaster but the art fantasy style is good. i get the mood. it has nostalgic feelings. same like RO, u can see more people play it compared to archeage.

i like gw2 but i have played too much to play it again.

i like teso but i hate fps aim so i dont play it

i like ff14 but the sub doesnt worth it

so i downloaded neverwinter, dungeon and dragon online, i will review it later. this game look good, old but gold.

Small suggestion.  Play Warcraft free edition, and make friends.  Lots of good guilds and EVERYONE if friendly because no one has anything to prove anymore, unlike when the game was new back in 2004....... Social mmos have wayyyy more replayability :) 

Other than that, many of us are in the problem situation as you.  However I guess their is DAOC free edition that many play, but I think that is more PvP if you like that.
  • AegirisAegiris Member UncommonPosts: 49
    wat.jpg 37.7K
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, although it would have been a lot sadder with horrible crap like Darkfall included. 

See what I did there?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    edited July 2017
    Here's a suggestion. Instead of trying to find MMOs with good communities, consider joining a good gaming guild that plays multiple MMOs.

There's usually a couple in every region, here in the US I recommend groups like Grievance or if you qualify as I do, (way over-qualified actually)   :#  the Old Timers Guild.

I think the guild I need to find (or start) is one for MMORPG gamers who don't actually enjoy or even play MMOs anymore. Probably be larger than the Goons, but certainly rival them for being snarky.  :wink:
    SBFordAmathe

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    lahnmir said:
    Yeah, although it would have been a lot sadder with horrible crap like Darkfall included. 

See what I did there?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Darkfall is not for everyone but damn that list of games is so cringy...!! I guess I did like the music in Archeage though...

seems that the unfortunate chap has come into MMORPGs a bit late : /

Kyleran said:
    Here's a suggestion. Instead of trying to find MMOs with good communities, consider joining a good gaming guild that plays multiple MMOs.

There's usually a couple in every region, here in the US I recommend groups like Grievance or if you qualify as I do, (way over-qualified actually)   :#  the Old Timers Guild.

I think the guild I need to find (or start) is one for MMORPG gamers who don't actually enjoy or even play MMOs anymore. Probably be larger than the Goons, but certainly rival them for being snarky.  :wink:
    /word

OTG is everywhere... always good peeps it seems
    Gdemami

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    It's very difficult to enjoy any MMORPG without a good guild or friends. The friends can be made when you start playing a game but I am pretty sure that every positive experience I have had has always been with others participating. This is why you need to actively hunt until you find a group of people you like or a guild with the possibility of finding some good people in it to play with. Any game is not complete by itself and will seem horrible until you experience the rich possibilities that grouping and playing with good people can create.

I am not saying you cannot find fun alone and solo ...not at all but that a poor game can be enriched with good people who you might find. There have been games that I had found not so great but after meeting some people it opened up other possibilities and suddenly the game transformed itself from poor to good merely because I wanted to spend more time in game with these people.

Of course I'm not saying you should be chained to a group or friends but that these possibilities do exist in making the game experience better. However the difficulty will be finding these people but sometimes even one person can make the difference of playing or logging off.
    Kylerancameltosis

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Pemmin said:
    ok

lol.. broken so what...i master 10 language..at least i understand
    I read what you wrote in your OP and scrolled up to the Topic title like 3 times and I still dont understand the connection between the two

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me