Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion Reveal Set For August 1st - Set Your Calendars! - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageExpansion Reveal Set For August 1st - Set Your Calendars! - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 News - ArenaNet isn't quite ready to spill the beans on the next Guild Wars 2 expansion. But we do know this: The dev team will be ready to tell all on Tuesday, August 1st at 9:00 am Pacific / 12:00 pm Eastern. You'll be able to watch a live stream of the event on Twitch.tv, YouTube or Facebook.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    I've barely touched Heart of Thorns. Probably should start finishing everything.
    wingoodMrMelGibson
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    From how it seemed HoT was received, I figured they were closer to being done rather than releasing another expansion. Maybe this one will be more exciting.
    austinmawXophRadooMrMelGibson
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2017
    "Get ready for....more of the same!"

On the plus(?) side, WoW's expansion should be announced this year as well. WITH EVEN MORE RNG! CAN'T WAIT!
    Post edited by Albatroes on
    austinmawpantaroRadooMrMelGibsonAlomarXingbairong
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    ......oh
    ......um
    ......wow?
    austinmaw
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I am cautiously optimistic. I felt like they made some bad moves with hot, abandoning dungeons for raids, super grinds, slow balances, op elite specs, super slow on new legendaries, etc.

That said, the hot zones have improved, and I think Living Story, S3 is well done.

I waited on hot until discounted for the amount of stuff it had on launch. Lo e went into it, but it was low on content.

I will wait to see what they actually have implemented at launch. They really need to have some build options too... It has gotten bad with hot. Barely any viable builds aside from elites compared to before hot. I hope they can balance it, but they are super bad at that right now and that is my biggest concern...
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Just played a part of the living story.  After trying to get to a castle on top of a mountain using only mushrooms for about half an hour I realized the new look of GW2 isn't for me.  I'm used to going directly to a starting quest point and not looking for the route to a starting quest point.  Back to the original content, I loved before this.  It's official, I'm old fashioned when it comes to this game.  :smile:
    refo18Viterzgir

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    So much for all those people thinking it was coming in a year. LOL so programmed they are to accept low quality and expect to be disappointed because reasons.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Get rid of fucking META build! So tired of this shit.
    Thupli
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I just want the forced verticality of these zones to go away. The design was good on paper, but dammit, GW2 isn't meant to be a platformer. It's not fun, especially when mob trains can kill you and wind up making you re-run the same boring route.

There's a lot I'm hoping for in the next expansion. More straightforward, navigable, but still memorable zones like GW2 vanilla, please.
    bartoni33azurreiOctagon7711ScarranNephethMrMelGibsonViterzgir[Deleted User]

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Did a small amount of HoT content when it first came out but always logged in at the wrong time and couldn't get a group which is fine but some things couldn't be solo'd. I'll probly end up getting it and have a quick look but it will end up one of those games where I play when I'm "not playing anything"

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• finnelhirfinnelhir Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I hate the forced jumping progression. Can come back if they change the design.
    Any hope?
    Dude..where is my booze? 
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332

I just want the forced verticality of these zones to go away. The design was good on paper, but dammit, GW2 isn't meant to be a platformer. It's not fun, especially when mob trains can kill you and wind up making you re-run the same boring route.

There's a lot I'm hoping for in the next expansion. More straightforward, navigable, but still memorable zones like GW2 vanilla, please.

I have not logged in since Wintersday 2015 - HoT too much of a disappointment...I will definitely not even think about entertaining the idea of playing the expansion until the user reviews - even then, I just don't like a lot of the design decisions they have made. Personally, I think the story is super average... FF14 spoiled me in that regard. And yes Bill - I HATED the vertical maps - absolutely atrocious, so annoying.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibsonaustinmaw[Deleted User]
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited July 2017
    Crystal Desert will be where it takes place.

I got serious chat rage for saying that in zone chat in game. I guess they felt It was some kind of spoilers. It was just a guess....buncha noobs.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited July 2017
    azurrei said:

I have not logged in since Wintersday 2015 - HoT too much of a disappointment...I will definitely not even think about entertaining the idea of playing the expansion until the user reviews - even then, I just don't like a lot of the design decisions they have made. Personally, I think the story is super average... FF14 spoiled me in that regard. And yes Bill - I HATED the vertical maps - absolutely atrocious, so annoying.
    At least GW2 didn't force you to follow the main story to play the damn game. Force you into other Professions, class to unlock features within the game.

Also, starting at level one i can level in style, FFXIV you have to wait til lvl50 looking like shit in the meantime. Fucking hideous!

pantaroRadooXophNephethMrMelGibsonaustinmaw[Deleted User]
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    @StoneRoses

There's more forcing into when it comes to GW2 than you actually know or realize.
    It goes from class concepts and mechanics to basic stats and builds, and stats per weapon or builds per weapon to lack of synergies between traits and again nerfed skills until they are useless to F-class skills playing the same, etc. (not to mention loot/RNG, map mob stats /capped player stats)

There are countless examples @StoneRoses, of things that have been forced upon us with this title, just because Arena Net is always designing and implementing based on their personal agenda. Which would not necessarily be a bad thing, in fact that is where their original aspects of the game derive from but as we've all learnt so far, their decision making is terrible to say the least.
    They said no class trinity but added raids and still won't free PvE/map co-op events to group gameplay or specializations. PvE is still about the zerg mentality rather than a more tactical approach.
    The whole gameplay and combat was designed around the switching of weapons ( 'member this one?) but then HoT came and the elite specialization nonsense took away another original concept.

To me personally Expansion 2 is about them finally deciding on a direction for this game and maybe, hopefully give players the ability to play the way players want in PvE mostly.
    I surely do not like how basic stats work or have been working for all these years - I do not like player access to stats and the fact that there is no progression other than Exotic and then you're cut off at Ascended/Legendary. But what I mostly do not like is the lacking of tools/traits and options for viable builds even with so many limitations already set in place by the basic stats.
    I already know that what this new Expansion brings new, the changes or the straight up never seen before content in terms of mechanics and game systems will need adjustments and fixing and by the time we're in the "balance phase" we'll all be mad at the yet another chaos stage for the next couple of years.
    Nepheth5CARLLeTT
    Radoo said:

There's more forcing into when it comes to GW2 than you actually know or realize.
    It goes from class concepts and mechanics to basic stats and builds, and stats per weapon or builds per weapon to lack of synergies between traits and again nerfed skills until they are useless to F-class skills playing the same, etc. (not to mention loot/RNG, map mob stats /capped player stats)

There are countless examples @StoneRoses, of things that have been forced upon us with this title, just because Arena Net is always designing and implementing based on their personal agenda. Which would not necessarily be a bad thing, in fact that is where their original aspects of the game derive from but as we've all learnt so far, their decision making is terrible to say the least.
    They said no class trinity but added raids and still won't free PvE/map co-op events to group gameplay or specializations. PvE is still about the zerg mentality rather than a more tactical approach.
    The whole gameplay and combat was designed around the switching of weapons ( 'member this one?) but then HoT came and the elite specialization nonsense took away another original concept.

To me personally Expansion 2 is about them finally deciding on a direction for this game and maybe, hopefully give players the ability to play the way players want in PvE mostly.
    I surely do not like how basic stats work or have been working for all these years - I do not like player access to stats and the fact that there is no progression other than Exotic and then you're cut off at Ascended/Legendary. But what I mostly do not like is the lacking of tools/traits and options for viable builds even with so many limitations already set in place by the basic stats.
    I already know that what this new Expansion brings new, the changes or the straight up never seen before content in terms of mechanics and game systems will need adjustments and fixing and by the time we're in the "balance phase" we'll all be mad at the yet another chaos stage for the next couple of years.
    All classes at 80 never had an issue playing the game HOW I WANT despite all the changes and stupid META BUILDS.

I can't play FFXIV HOW I WANT can I? Forced and locked behind quest after quest. Heavily RAILED and Instanced HEAVY.

Holy shit I am a Pally with a Greatsword and can swap to a bow. 12 possible weapon sets.

FFXIV Pally, stuck with a Sword & Board. Talk about having a limp dick.

Nepheth
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited July 2017
    azurrei said:

Maybe you guys should only play board games if you only like playing on the X-axis.
    NephethStoneRoses
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• EothasEothas Member UncommonPosts: 84
    There is nothing in GW2 that requires balance, that's why you are allowed to have your illusion of choice. Everything PvE is 100% faceroll, no one cares if you want to use a bow or a bottle.
    Nepheth
  • redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    am i the only one who really likes gw2? :-/
    and yep, i am looking forward to new expansion!
    Viterzgir
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    so is this considered the reveal to announce the reveal?  If so we must have missed the pre-reveal to announce this reveal to the real reveal

BillMurphyGeezerGamer
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    you gonna give the second expantion also free to those who bought the game while we paid full price for Guild Wars 2 and did not get heart of thorns FU!
  • Sasori_japSasori_jap Member UncommonPosts: 23
    CHOO CHOO! All aboard the HYPE train!
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473

Eothas said:

There is nothing in GW2 that requires balance, that's why you are allowed to have your illusion of choice. Everything PvE is 100% faceroll, no one cares if you want to use a bow or a bottle.

This shows that you didn't play Gw2 since release. Ahhh the ignorance...

Hell no. The map design is the most important reason for a lot of people including me to like the Hot. Hot maps and after that the new ls maps are amazing. There is no other mmo with this type of map design. And that's what makes Gw2 special in a lot of peoples eyes. I love how the new maps makes me think and explore a lot more than any other mmorpg around. Especially the maps which came with the living story episodes are gorgeous. Vanilla maps are boring as f***k.
    refo18StoneRoses
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited July 2017
    Myrdynn said:
    so is this considered the reveal to announce the reveal?  If so we must have missed the pre-reveal to announce this reveal to the real reveal

In fact they previously announced that the next expansion's reveal was planned around the final episode of Season 3 (launched yesterday) and the expansion was expected to launch shortly (more than 2-3 months) after its announcement. So we didn't miss the "pre-reveal". :wink:
    Post edited by rertez on