Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Method Releases World First Mythic Kil'jaeden Kill Video - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMethod Releases World First Mythic Kil'jaeden Kill Video - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - Method (EU realms) scored a "world first" Mythic Kil'jaeden kill last week in the World of Warcraft raid The Tomb of Sargeras after "only" 654 wipes ahead of it. Though Blizzard doesn't official count world first kills any more, many of the top raiding guilds vie for the honor of being the first. To celebrate their victory, the raid team and guild leadership released the video of the kill. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Kyleran

Comments

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Who the fook are this guys and why is this important ?
    JeffSpicoliZenerenAsm0deusalivenxyzercrimeAgeniqomawinghaven1Cryolitycal
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2017
    Guess this shows how many people actually care about the current state of wow raiding I'm probably not alone in thinking that Blizzard should go back to having no more than 2 modes of the same instanced content in general (dungeons/raids). I personally loved Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub because they were heroic (which was the highest difficulty at the time) and they were unforgiving, meaning not everyone could do it. Whether people like to admit it or not, exclusivity motivates a majority of people and inspires people to play more vs having everything handed to them or having 4-5 different modes of the same content. According to Blizzard's reports or whatever, Legion is barely doing better than WoD, which isn't saying much.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Hefaistos said:

Because they persisted after all those wipes!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    This makes me miss Wildstar - the raiding was insane in that game.
    XarkoCryolitycal
    Wayne, i mean, why a PvE beat InsertNameHereBoss on OMFG difficulty is an achievement ? 

10years ago FF11 had NM (Notorius Monsters) that a server could not beat. I dont remember a post here with OMFG somedudes beat FF11 NMs or FF14's raids on Savage or whatever Extreme difficulty had for the 1st time.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2017

Hefaistos said:

Wayne, i mean, why a PvE beat InsertNameHereBoss on OMFG difficulty is an achievement ? 

10years ago FF11 had NM (Notorius Monsters) that a server could not beat. I dont remember a post here with OMFG somedudes beat FF11 NMs or FF14's raids on Savage or whatever Extreme difficulty had for the 1st time.

Can't really compare FFXIV's raiding to WoW's unfortunately. 4 bosses to like 9 in ToS? Not a fair comparison. Extreme primals in 14 are considered casual content by most people in the community as well (maybe midcore at best) so really every "raid" cycle is 4 bosses which is very underwhelming. The "super" savage supposedly coming in 4.1, no idea what that'll actually do and/or bring, but honestly, anyone playing since 2.0 will notice that SE's "raiding" difficulty has gone down considerably over the years as well as the depth, getting lazier and lazier each one it seems. As for 11, yeah there was pretty good fights in that game, but at least you didnt hear about the "world first" Absolute Virtue kill or PW kill. When devs make something so difficult that even they wipe on, that's a sign of something good and should be the only difficulty of it imo.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    waynejr2 said:
    Hefaistos said:

Yeah, it boggle my mind, not something I would be interested in pursuing.

d_20bartoni33

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Hefaistos said:

I don't know if English is your primary language or not but I stated the reason.  Do you know what persisted after all those wipes means?  Did you try looking up the word persisted or did you give up on that?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243

Hefaistos said:

I'm just imagining some dude on ESPN whining about how they don't cover badminton tournaments in the NBA finals comment section.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I Stopped caring about wow accomplishments 3 or 4 xpacs ago
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

waynejr2 said:

Hefaistos said:

Probably because they get paid to do it.
    Agenibartoni33

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Having various level's of difficulty for content is just stupid, it should ALWAYS be difficult it is multi-group/raid content...

I guess 20 years of MMORPG gaming (started with Meridian 59 in 96) does that to you.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Congratulations, guys!
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    That title is very misleading. I came here to read an announcement for the release of a triple A sandbox MMORPG instead I got this!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671
    yikes 654 wipes...man i just got no desire but good for them.
    d_20

• AgeniAgeni Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Shame on you mmorpg.com ! Why don't you post any other MMO PVE success raids ? You propably get paid by Blizz......it's all about comercial sh*ts right now!
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Well done guys, excellent! - now try your hand at FFXIV :-)
  • ZephyrjinxZephyrjinx Member UncommonPosts: 32
    If I hit this square peg 654 times it may....just... fit... this round hole, bam! 655 got it!!!

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    do it without addons and im impressed. all thouse addons make raid bosses way too easy.
    PottedPlant22CrazKanukCryolitycal
  • ZephyrjinxZephyrjinx Member UncommonPosts: 32

Arskaaa said:

do it without addons and im impressed. all thouse addons make raid bosses way too easy.

you read my mind!
    Arskaaa

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited July 2017

Arskaaa said:

you read my mind!

incoming attack in 3-2-1-0
    it even say the attack name...
    it even say where to move..

and they wiped 600++ time ?? wow !!

how boy i was not raiding like that back in the day, we discovered boss mech and find a way kill them, we needed notice their attack patern and no big warning before casting attack either.....

im not realy impresed with 2017 raiding. it sound easy mode... watched the video completly and im not understanding how peoples would have trouble with it.. when it come to raid in 2017 it either wildstart of final fantasy 14 who got the better one with a challenge.
    Arskaaa
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Arskaaa said:

you read my mind!

how boy i was not raiding like that back in the day, we discovered boss mech and find a way kill them, we needed notice their attack patern and no big warning before casting attack either.....

im not realy impresed with 2017 raiding. it sound easy mode... watched the video completly and im not understanding how peoples would have trouble with it.. when it come to raid in 2017 it either wildstart of final fantasy 14 who got the better one with a challenge.

LOL try it for yourself if it sounds easy, Sir Hardcore.  600+ wipes for a world-class guild means easy mode...Damn, I'd hate to see the hard content.
    ForgrimmonelesslightCrazKanuk
    edited July 2017
    waynejr2 said:
    Hefaistos said:

I don't know if English is your primary language or not but I stated the reason.  Do you know what persisted after all those wipes means?  Did you try looking up the word persisted or did you give up on that?
    English is not my primary language but i understood persisted. My question was WHY  PVE RAID on XXX diff IS MAIN NEWS THIS DAYS on main page of this website ????

FOR ME NEWS IS something from PvP world not 20 players vs 1 AI (NoMatterWhatDifficultyItHas).

Pve...is...it...was...and...it...will...always...be...for...plebs (who cant aim in PvP). 

So, tell me now, why a boss with insane hp is Achievement and should be on main page of mmorpg.com ?

PVE IS FOR PLEBS. Case closed.
    Beezerbeez
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited July 2017

Arskaaa said:

you read my mind!

im not realy impresed with 2017 raiding. it sound easy mode... watched the video completly and im not understanding how peoples would have trouble with it..

when it come to raid in 2017 it either wildstart of final fantasy 14 who got the better one with a challenge.

Why I agree that the addons simplify the fight by x10 at least, what you just said is really ignorant.
    I'm confident that you have never raided at such a level otherwise you wouldn't say something, so ignorant.

Also you can be sure that among those 600 tries there are at least 100-200 where they wiped 1-2 minutes into the fight due to dumb mistake. Don't think that all 600 tries were almost kills. The first half probably were when the boss was at 70-80%.
    Cryolitycal
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I am not sure how the rest of WoW was but that was a hard fight. I think Blizzard has taken some tips from FFXIV in their fights and may be even Wildstar.
    Chamber of Chains