Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are Tech issues as bad as they sound on WOW forums?

Im thinking of coming back to WOW.  But reading WOWs forums makes the game sound like a buggy mess right now.  Is it as bad as it sounds?  Will I be able to log on without a long wait?  Should I wait to return?

Allah does have a special place set aside for terrorist; Its called Hell.

Comments

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    It isnt horrible...........but it isnt great either. I can log in practically any time without trouble....its just occasionaly up to once a week things get screwed  up. That one time every week tends to always be on a guild raid night :/.
  • apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Depends on your server. The login issues that plague the game globally seem to be occurring quite often during peak times (@night). The reason it becomes a bigger issue is when you're on a server that bumps you and you can't back in because "world server is down". I'm usually in TS when I'm in WoW and most of the folks if not all in TS get booted. When you try to log back in and can't get past authenticating or handshaking it's annoying. And then on some servers you can't get your character list to come up.

Having said that, it's frustrating, but at least when I'm in the game I'm having fun. That's more than I can say for other MMO's. hehe

so...

• RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

The worst of it is over if you ask me, just try to get in before peak times and you'll not have that many problems.

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

• IAmH2OsIAmH2Os Member UncommonPosts: 16

In the last 2 weeks of me coming back to the game, I have had one night that it took a bit to log on.  Other than that, everything has been smooth.  When I came back I switched to a newer server so I would not have to wait in line for 30 min to get in though.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982
    From what a pal of mine has been telling me, it still has pretty bad problems on some servers.  He had to stop playing on his main server with his guild because the server was hardly ever available.  Pretty bad.

His alt (now pretty much his main ) is generally available, but that server has also had intermittent issues.  No where near as bad, but it did dump him last night.  I think he said for about thirty minutes?

So from what I've heard it sounds like it'll be a roll of the dice.  Maybe you'll get a server that works, maybe you won't.

That's not what I'd pay $15/mo for but it's your money.  Good luck!

~Mysk

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407
    Well, after giving them a year to get the server issues ironed out, I logged on my 60 dorf priest, and sharded out his Prophecy gear, sent the nexus crystals to a friend, and deleted the character.  I then followed the same procedure with my 60 hunter, and his Beaststalker set, as well as a handfull of 20-something BG twinks.

If, after a year, I have to sit at the login screen for 30-45 mins waiting to connect, then Blizzard is too incompetent to recieve my cash.  I can play Oblivion without a monthly charge, thanks.  And I don't have to wait an hour to play it. Ironically, WoW gets less playable as time goes on, rather than more playable, as is the case with most games.

PS: Next whiner I see give some "If Blizzard doesn't do 'X' in 'Y' amount of time, I quit" post, and said poster doesn't quit, they win a free kick in the sack.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

I dunno.. I'm having like zero problems.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• diaboyosdiaboyos Member Posts: 209
    Tech issues?  I didn't realize WoW employed any technicians...

====================
    Remember man that passes by,
    as you are now so once was I.
    And as I am so must you be,
    prepare yourself to follow me.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    wow has gotten worse and worse.. it sounds bad on forums but actually experianceing it is hell! i made a char on one of the most deserted servers and it is still laggy :S

• WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115
    WOW has always been a buggy mess. It all started when it was released one year early to compete with Sony.
  • NecranNecran Member Posts: 309
    Every day during peak hours the lag is unbearable on high population servers, in my opinion it has alot to do with every guild scheduling their 40 man raids for peak hours then acting surprised things arent as smooth as they'd like, and it drags the entire server down to have so many instances going at once with so many people also in the normal world.
    During non peak hours everything is fine though.
  • RexNebularRexNebular Member Posts: 259

I had some problems with queves when the game started a year ago. No problems now.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Originally posted by Slowroll
    Im thinking of coming back to WOW.  But reading WOWs forums makes the game sound like a buggy mess right now.  Is it as bad as it sounds?  Will I be able to log on without a long wait?  Should I wait to return?

Works fine for me. Never had any real trouble with the game. Most problems are caused by badly maintained computers (The user). Sometimes there have been server problems, but it's quite far away between the times it happens.
  • SlowrollSlowroll Member Posts: 5
    Hmm, I guess I'll go back to DAOC.  Thanks for the responses.

Allah does have a special place set aside for terrorist; Its called Hell.

• madfragerismadfrageris Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by Slowroll

No, it isn't as some people tell, although it isn't great too. I didn't have much troubles with my serv myself, of course, some server shutdowns or lagspikes are possible, but these are the things you encounter in every online game.

P.S. I'm playing on EU.

My screenshot gallery.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Be mindful that some of the lag issues may be with your workstation. I recently upgraded to 2Gb RAM and a 256Mb vid card and rarely experience lag, even in areas like Iron Forge.

Prior to the upgrade my average frame rate was around 25. After the upgrade my average is 70.

Like Coldmeat, I do feel a little frustrated that some of the server-side lag hasn't been resolved. Occasionally, I'll notice my latency will spike to 300 to 500+ ms.

Overall, the game is still extemely enjoyable for me. I don't find any of the server-side issues frustrating enough to cancel my subscription. The overall 'fun' factor and game mechanics still makes WoW the best mmo on the current market imo.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.