Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moon Landings, Planet Side Rovers & More in 3.0 Trailer - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageMoon Landings, Planet Side Rovers & More in 3.0 Trailer - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

Roberts Space Industry has sent out a brand new trailer for Star Citizen. The trailer features a lot of new game play footage including moon landings, planet side travel via rovers and the Nox hover speeder.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    when this game is released you need a nasa pc to run it
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    While they can make a good looking video montage, it remains to be seen if they can make a good game.
    Still remains to be seen if they can make a game at all.

CIG seem to have issues actually running the game with a decent frame rate (check frame rates in recent videos), they will need to do some serious optimization.
    AlomarTheScavenger

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    edited July 2017
    Ah, yes, 3.0. Seems like it was only 10 months ago Chris promised it in time for x-mas 2016. And good time that is. Not like 19th of December...

Lol. The incompetence of their project management is stellar.
    AlomarGrakulenVikingir
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2017
    That's a compilation of footage from the weekly dev updates, not sure why PC Gamer uploaded it as 3.0's trailer, some bits there aren't even 3.0 but ok.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    MaxBacon said:
    That's a compilation of footage from the weekly dev updates, not sure why PC Gamer got to upload it as 3.0's trailer, some bits there aren't 3.0 but ok.
    Pretty much what was said in the full article. ;)

However, I can pretty much guarantee you that it was marketed to PCGamer by RSI as a legit 3.0 trailer, recycled parts not withstanding.
    HatefullZandog[Deleted User]rpmcmurphy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited July 2017
    SBFord said:
    However, I can pretty much guarantee you that it was marketed to PCGamer by RSI as a legit 3.0 trailer, recycled parts not withstanding.
    Hah, they would probably win from releasing update trailers before the update and not with the update.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    SBFord said:
    MaxBacon said:
    That's a compilation of footage from the weekly dev updates, not sure why PC Gamer got to upload it as 3.0's trailer, some bits there aren't 3.0 but ok.

Interesting that the Bacon defense is PCGamer did something wrong and not RSI.

Thanks for pointing out that the trailer has old assets being touted as new. Hasn't this been what others have been saying.

Don't worry, I am sure there is a ship to be sold. Look at the shiny and all concerns will fall away.
    ZandogVikingir
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Excession said:

CIG seem to have issues actually running the game with a decent frame rate (check frame rates in recent videos), they will need to do some serious optimization.
    Don't worry, by the time it's ready for launch (in 2020) it will be smooth as butter !

But then Chris will decide it has to be fully VR-enabled as well, and the launch will be delayed by a few years... :D
    HatefullVikingir
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

My game PC is significantly better than most NASA PCs. This is a non-secret government agency - if you believe they use high end hardware, think again. The computers used for space missions are usually using milspec radiation hardened parts. That means that on average they are typically three generations behind state of the art hardware.

Have fun
    VikingirTalonsin
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Erillion said:

My game PC is significantly better than most NASA PCs. This is a non-secret government agency - if you believe they use high end hardware, think again. The computers used for space missions are usually using milspec radiation hardened parts. That means that on average they are typically three generations behind state of the art hardware.

Have fun

Having been a member of the government, yeah they do not have the latest and greatest (with a few exceptions). And what you are trying to say is EMP hardened and most likely not even that, I would bet they are of the shelf Dells, from yes three to four years ago.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    SBFord said:
    MaxBacon said:

Agree.

What I find out is why people expect a promotional video to only contain new features? The target demographic is not "people who have already bought into SC" but "everybody". 

The weekly vids that they have been putting out have been doing that. And at 40 or more minutes long they not only spell out the details - in detail - but have lots of smooth footage as well. Editing for the win when you are trying to pack as much as possible into 90 seconds I suspect.
    HatefullSAPninja
    edited July 2017
    The PC Gamer article says: "...take a look at a cinematic sizzle reel of Star Citizen footage above..."

So it implies it's SC footage that includes features to arrive on 3.0, however, they title the video of 3.0's trailer. @SBFord wouldn't PC Gamer have worded that as the trailer instead of kinda playing with words there if it was RSI who marketed it as 3.0's trailer?

• ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    edited July 2017

SBFord said:

MaxBacon said:

Thanks for pointing out that the trailer has old assets being touted as new. Hasn't this been what others have been saying.

Don't worry, I am sure there is a ship to be sold. Look at the shiny and all concerns will fall away.

Because PC Gamer created the video, released it on their own YouTube channel and then tried to not only pass it off as official by the wording in the article it accompanied for the video. It took me 90 seconds to investigate Bacon's allegation to see he wasn't lying. How lazy to check for yourself and dense for spending the time to type that out, can you be?
    ShodanasVikingirrpmcmurphy
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited July 2017
    Zandog said:

SBFord said:

MaxBacon said:

Because PC Gamer created the video, released it on their own YouTube channel and then tried to not only pass it off as official by the wording in the article it accompanied for the video. It took me 90 seconds to investigate Bacon's allegation to see he wasn't lying. How lazy to check for yourself and dense for spending the time to type that out, can you be?
    beat me to it.
    edited July 2017
    @Herase @Zandog Nothing better but to ask, so the writer said the compilation was by CIG but it wasn't given as the trailer, yet as he writes in the article "...cinematic sizzle reel of Star Citizen footage..."; it's about how they titled the video itself.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    MaxBacon said:
    @Herase @Zandog Nothing better but to ask, so the writer said the compilation was by CIG but it wasn't given as the trailer, yet as he writes in the article "...cinematic sizzle reel of Star Citizen footage..."; it's about how they titled the video itself.
    I think they needed to use "trailer" in the title because many people don't know  what a "cinematic sizzle reel" is.
    SBFord

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Moon Landings = We have been there since .. a loong time ago!

Planet Side Rovers = Curiosity and .. the one before him says hi !

Give us something new guys!!!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Well lets see,,,, we were to have Star Marine by now but yeah no where to be seen, and squd 42 who knows when and lets see CR has been talking about 3.0 for over a year. The only thing I see RSI coming out with is new stuff to buy for a game that may never come out!! Its about time RSI puts something out.
  • lazkopat24lazkopat24 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Wait a minute. Pcgamer and a positive news about Star Citizen?

Is this a dream?
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Wait a minute. Pcgamer and a positive news about Star Citizen?

Is this a dream?

No it's not. It just shows that if you offer them exclusives they'll write whatever you want them to write :)
    CrazKanuk