Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ingame Bot and Auto Play

nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
edited July 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Im using AutoMouser version 5.1 to play archeage

its fun as kitten. i just click which mob to kill and the character spam the skills like mad...( i can set which skills to use in automouser)

twitch is popular for some reason right? there is fun to just watching a grind..play my own fav music while at it browsing reddit

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    People use that in GW2 and I make it a point to report them for botting. Most have been banned or suspended and I laugh when I see them come on to the forums to complain how they got banned and accused of using third party programs. In fact I just got two today using it, same guild standing right next to each other blasting away on their bows.

I find it annoying and a bit self righteous to think someones time is worth so much than anyone else who plays the game legitly that they can avoid the all the tediums that come with MMOs. Open world questing especially. Hold down the 1 key like everyone else and stop being so lazy or find a different type of game to play.
    Gdemami
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    edited July 2017
    Tiller said:
    People use that in GW2 and I make it a point to report them for botting. Most have been banned or suspended and I laugh when I see them come on to the forums to complain how they got banned and accused of using third party programs. In fact I just got two today using it, same guild standing right next to each other blasting away on their bows.

I find it annoying and a bit self righteous to think someones time is worth so much than anyone else who plays the game legitly that they can avoid the all the tediums that come with MMOs. Open world questing especially. Hold down the 1 key like everyone else and stop being so lazy or find a different type of game to play.
    u cant use it in gw2 because gw2 combat is fluid (u will spam skill like madman 24/7) . archeage has battle start and battle end thingy
    Gdemami
    They have auto and turbo clickers for gw2. It might be what you use specifically, but they are out there.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    As long as a person isn't using a 3rd party program to cheat  and fully automate game-play I dont think people will get banned or I don't see how if a GM Does their job they will contact you in game and actually ask if your there or afk at which point you respond and are not a bot...

As for cheating theres a few new hardware cheats that are undetectable by game guard and can be used for cheating but not exactly cheats.

Asus Hardware such as "ROG Motherboards" now come with a thing called "Keybot 2".

Asus Monitors also come with a tool that adds Crosshairs over the monitor for whatever game your playing suc has an FPS game can be used to create an unfair advantage?

It comes to a point where do you draw the line for cheating because someone has better hardware?

edit: if you are using Auto Mouser, which I just looked up to fully automate game-play then it can be ban worthy for sure, if you are using a Logitech Keyboard for example to rebind keys and do certain in game functions while still playing the game then I don't consider it cheating personally and if they banned everyone who used a logitech gaming keyboard or mouse people would be upset.

Auto Mouser seems to be a Macro Utility on its own it might get banned?
    Renoaku said:
    As long as a person isn't using a 3rd party program to cheat  and fully automate game-play I dont think people will get banned or I don't see how if a GM Does their job they will contact you in game and actually ask if your there or afk at which point you respond and are not a bot...

As for cheating theres a few new hardware cheats that are undetectable by game guard and can be used for cheating but not exactly cheats.

Asus Hardware such as "ROG Motherboards" now come with a thing called "Keybot 2".

Asus Monitors also come with a tool that adds Crosshairs over the monitor for whatever game your playing suc has an FPS game can be used to create an unfair advantage?

It comes to a point where do you draw the line for cheating because someone has better hardware?

edit: if you are using Auto Mouser, which I just looked up to fully automate game-play then it can be ban worthy for sure, if you are using a Logitech Keyboard for example to rebind keys and do certain in game functions while still playing the game then I don't consider it cheating personally and if they banned everyone who used a logitech gaming keyboard or mouse people would be upset.

Auto Mouser seems to be a Macro Utility on its own it might get banned?
    i dont think so. i still choose which mob to slay. and i need to pause automouser to browse web cause it will interrupt it
    Renoaku said:

Cheating is determined by the developers and specified in the TOS of any game. You agree to those terms any time you play a game. It doesn't mater what your hardware can do, it's still breaking the rules for the game if they state it is. I can build auto macros on my logitech keyboard to just about anything you can do with keys, yet the only thing I use it for is remapping.

It would be just my luck to get perma banned and be out years of work and the money I spent on a game. Some people though just like seeing how far they can get and once banned they just repurchase the game and do it all over again. Look what happened in the first 5 months of BDO.

Back in the days playing Diablo 1-2 we all used things called trainers to play as any level, god mode ect; it completely ruined the game experience to be honest. The game became boring and I never played it again after that. Since then I have been totally against any form of botting in multi playing games. Does it mean I might be at an extreme disadvantage? Sure but we need to keep some level of civility in games.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

Well yeah how is a company going to detect a player whose monitor has built in cross hairs and cheating though to my knowledge an anti-cheat cant detect it because its hardware and then they can only assume a person is cheating without actual evidence.

And I pretty much do same thing with my hardware I only use it to push certain keys and it never loops or fully controls anything although some game TOS says its illegal all around I've never been banned for macroing even if its just remapping keys or doing like a different key combo when using 20+ Different skills and pressing shft + alt + 1 on my keyboard with g1 key for example.
    Gdemami
    Well it's not hard even if it is built into the firmware of the monitor, though I think extra cross hairs is the least of their problems. Speed hacks, looping macros, pathing macros, targeting bots, auto looters that allow someone to actually not have to interact beyond pushing start would most likely be the main concern lol.

I remember at the start of GW2 the game was overrun with bot trains. You would just be doing your thing and next thing you know a string of random rangers would come alongside you and melt everything in their path nullifying your grind, then move on to the next point. Knowing the people behind these were probably sitting around slurping on noodles and watching tv while they farmed hundreds in ingame gold was annoying.

What's also annoying is the guy who thinks, "oh I can munch on cheetos and play f2p mobile games while my guy ingame auto fires through this openworld event."

People still use loot macros and in GW2 even though you don't need it since you can actually unlock "Advanced Logistics"  from the mastery line. Talk about lazy xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet

edited July 2017
    Tiller said:
    Well it's not hard even if it is built into the firmware of the monitor, though I think extra cross hairs is the least of their problems. Speed hacks, looping macros, pathing macros, targeting bots, auto looters that allow someone to actually not have to interact beyond pushing start would most likely be the main concern lol.

I remember at the start of GW2 the game was overrun with bot trains. You would just be doing your thing and next thing you know a string of random rangers would come alongside you and melt everything in their path nullifying your grind, then move on to the next point. Knowing the people behind these were probably sitting around slurping on noodles and watching tv while they farmed hundreds in ingame gold was annoying.

What's also annoying is the guy who thinks, "oh I can munch on cheetos and play f2p mobile games while my guy ingame auto fires through this openworld event."

People still use loot macros and in GW2 even though you don't need it since you can actually unlock "Advanced Logistics"  from the mastery line. Talk about lazy xD
    Yeah i dont mind loot macros like in GW2 hoenstly I don't do that but those who do I couldn't care the only time it becomes a problem imo is like in Dark Fall where u drag from the persons bagto yours and people use auto looters then I consider it cheating.

That said Bots who use automated Macros and AFK 24/7 is ban worthy but you dont even need to do that you can just use the auto cast ability on a Necromancer like shown in the video but they also ban for that I hear because they consider it an exploit.

But hey it would be great if GW2 would just put a pet in the Cash Shop and make it so the mini-pets can auto loot give them a use.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Tiller said:

how can you tell they are using it?

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

its fun as kitten. i just click which mob to kill and the character spam the skills like mad...( i can set which skills to use in automouser)

twitch is popular for some reason right? there is fun to just watching a grind..play my own fav music while at it browsing reddit
    That's bannable in Archeage.

• Hardware or software macros -- No multi-key macros are allowed in ArcheAge of any kind. If you do have a macro, it must be on a one keystroke to one action basis.
    [Deleted User]
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    If that's how you want to play, then why play a game where people will think it's cheating?  Why not instead play one of those games that practically plays itself for you so that no one will care that you're using macros.
    PhryForgrimm
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I say play how you wanna play. If it ain't hurting me I don't care what you do.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Two things.

1 If the game is so good why are you cheating to play it?To me you are just wasting your time bothering with a game you really don't like because obviously you don't want to play it as intended.
    2 Lot's of people out there just "DON'T GET IT".They don't understand ruining it for others,they don't understand that a lot of the time they are not even playing the game and they don't understand the whole reason you would play games>>>FUN.If it is playing itself YOU are not having fun.If a MACRO is automating it,YOU are NOT having fun,you are merely sitting in a chair watching a program play the game for you.

I should post a #3 Which would be "Why bother" obviously some people don't have enough common sense or intelligence to understand simple things,hence WHY BOTHER trying to explain anything.

It is like a person cheating on a test then telling everyone they got a perfect score.That is why i grew up loving sports,leading to the term  SPORTSMEN,all about fair play ,courtesy and just having fun competing.
    Forgrimm

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wizardry said:
    That is why i grew up loving sports,leading to the term  SPORTSMEN,all about fair play ,courtesy and just having fun competing.
    You either don't watch pro sports or you have blinders on about some types of cheats. Not only do pro players cheat all the time I've heard announcers quite frequently heap praise on some players because they are so good at disguising their cheats that the refs don't catch them at it.

In any competitive scenario, especially in sports, cheating happens all the time. The higher the stakes, the more it happens. Whether it's a quick tug on a jersey, a trip, or even more often, faking having been fouled, it's constantly happening in all pro sports.
    Asm0deus
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Quizzical said:
    If that's how you want to play, then why play a game where people will think it's cheating?  Why not instead play one of those games that practically plays itself for you so that no one will care that you're using macros.
    Clicker Heroes lol
    SWG Bloodfin vet

edited July 2017
    Forgrimm said:

• Hardware or software macros -- No multi-key macros are allowed in ArcheAge of any kind. If you do have a macro, it must be on a one keystroke to one action basis.
    Yeah but I never got banned for it because they have no way to control or prove who is doing this unless your running a multi-boxing program like "Isboxer" and using 2 accounts or more and relaying it across games.

I really never use Multi-Key Macro's but in games where I need I have them automatically change bars for me and click spell then change back or whatever I need never have been banned for that.

The reason is because companies have no way to actually detect this without Anti-Cheat software and if they start trying to then a lot of legitimate users who have Logitech Keyboards and Mice would be banned.

I am not encouraging actually autoamting game-play or anything cheating on the scale of doing such just saying its possible to make a game cast FIre Ball + Frost Bolt or whatever after each-other without getting banned.

And something game companies like EVE Look for in this type of cheating is "Activiation time for example every basic macro has an exact MS in delay which its activated so if lets say Fire Ball costs at exactly 1 second, while frost bolt half a second later every time no human is going to do that so they ban you  for cheating it cant be proven so they assume your cheating.

I mean how can you activate 5 mining lasers at one time on 2 or more different accounts if not broadcasting keys this is what gets people banned.

Not going to get banned for using a single account and running a basic macro that does 1 or 2 actions or even in World OF warcraft for example switches bars and casts all buffs, heck there are even add-on in some games that cast all the buffs for you.
    time007 said:
    Tiller said:

how can you tell they are using it?
    One person, two different accounts, both using macros. They were standing right next to each other, both activated their 1 skill and stopped at the exact same time repeatedly. Start-stop, and one would move to a location, then the other would move after the other moved like he didn't have autopathing so he had to manually move each character. This was during the Frozen Maw event.

There is also another guy who does this during Tequatl, he keeps his rangers at the laser during the defense phase both side by side activating and stopping skills at the same time. Both are in the same guild, and the only ones in this guild. It's obvious they are botting. I've played this game  since pre-launch and have played all the classses so I know how they all play. It's like he has more than one client running and one program to control both. Not sure how, but it's pretty obvious.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Renoaku said:
    Forgrimm said:

Yeah but I never got banned for it because they have no way to control or prove who is doing this unless your running a multi-boxing program like "Isboxer" and using 2 accounts or more and relaying it across games.
    One person not getting banned for something doesn't change the fact it's a bannable offense.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Wizardry said:
    That is why i grew up loving sports,leading to the term  SPORTSMEN,all about fair play ,courtesy and just having fun competing.

PvE games are not sports.
    its not about cheating or not. its about the system that need to implemented in the next gen mmorpg. player however have the option not to use or use it
    its not about cheating or not. its about the system that need to implemented in the next gen mmorpg. player however have the option not to use or use it
    Well, BDO does, but it's only because the afk gameplay is somewhat mandated in South Korea.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

Forgrimm said:
    Renoaku said:
    Forgrimm said:

One person not getting banned for something doesn't change the fact it's a bannable offense.
    Well yeah I get it that they write its a ban worthy offense but unless a person is totally using a bot to go afk, relay commands across multiple clients, auto cast spells or skills automatically depending on the game and such they aren't going to ban for 3rd party macro software, sure Automouser could get black listed by Anti-Cheats, but Logitech G15, Keybot II, and such won't because if they do a lot of people will be unable to play the game.

The best solution is to make it so a player would have to use a bot program to cheat, and in my book if you have your computer running to trees and chopping them for example or auto clicking while your afk then its cheating, but holding down a button on your control pad while you watch netflix and rebinding your key over to it or mouse click fixing it to repeat as long as ur fingers on it its fair game.

I mean each company has its own policy, and if caught going afk they will take action, as well as may still ban people but its never happened aside from Albion trading the currency across games and that is 17 years no bans except for that game and i've used many tools or rather add-ons and macros to rebind keys in different games and such, but never went afk or used a bot in an online MMORPG to cheat.