Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tumbril; tell me this is not sexy!

OdeezeeOdeezee Member UncommonPosts: 69
edited July 2017 in Star Citizen
Introducing the open-air platform vehicle known as the Tumbril

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"
For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

Tumbril
  1. Sexy or Nah?22 votes
    1. Yes
      36.36%
    2. No
      59.09%
    3. I can't decide
        4.55%
VikingirExcession

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Whelp they always manage to make their ships/vehicles visually shiny.

What I like on it is this

A ground vehicle with anti-air capability, the ships supremacy in planets is threatened.
    VikingirErillionHatefull
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    MaxBacon said:
    Whelp they always manage to make their ships/vehicles visually shiny.

What I like on it is this

A ground vehicle with anti-air capability, the ships supremacy in planets is threatened.
    You do realise that is not a planet in game, right?

Concept art on top of a picture of a real world landscape (Milford Sound).
    OdeezeeGdemamiHatefullrpmcmurphyTheScavengerMaxBacon

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Excession said:
    You do realise that is not a planet in game, right?

Concept art on top of a picture of a real world landscape (Milford Sound).
    Yeah ik it's a concept painted over a photo, when I saw it I thought of the Norway's landscape but New Zealand is close enough

What I mean when I say I like is this new vehicle introducing anti-air weaponry
    VikingirGdemamiHatefull
  • VikingirVikingir Member UncommonPosts: 162
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, I agree it's sexy, @Odeezee. It looks like a jeep. 
    Post edited by Vikingir on
    HatefullOdeezeerpmcmurphy
    Best regards,
    Viking
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    How to get your drivers license in Star Citizen

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/dtn

Have fun

Got mine. :)

Erillion
    Best regards,
    Viking
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Oh lol this subtle bit much 

Vikingirfrancis_baudMrMelGibson
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Odeezee said:

It's a different take on the HALO Warthog, but yeah it's cool enough. If they get round to developing an actual ground game, I may be interested in this title again. I flew some a while back and found it just bloody terrible (my opinion) I do however admit, I am in no way enamored with flying games or dog fighting. I am a fan of foot slogging. 

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• OdeezeeOdeezee Member UncommonPosts: 69
    edited July 2017
    Hatefull said:
    Odeezee said:

It's a different take on the HALO Warthog, but yeah it's cool enough. If they get round to developing an actual ground game, I may be interested in this title again. I flew some a while back and found it just bloody terrible (my opinion) I do however admit, I am in no way enamored with flying games or dog fighting. I am a fan of foot slogging. 
    well, you could just find a place on some rock and do you on the ground. the game even has fps. and to get around either hire other players or npcs to fly you around.

more action concept art from the RSI twitter:

Excession

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

• OdeezeeOdeezee Member UncommonPosts: 69
    got a couple more images from the sale:

ErillionrpmcmurphyExcessionMrMelGibson

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    That looks really amazing. I just wish there was a game to use it in  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    bartoni33ExcessionNildenMrMelGibson
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    That looks really amazing. I just wish there was a game to use it in  o:)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    People have done car races in the ArcCorp zone for quite some time.

May be a bit tight for that jeep compared to the golfcarts we used before, but hey ... great opportunities for destruction derbies.

And of course, the three moons we get in August will have plenty of room to zip around with ground vehicles.

Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    It looks alright but no way I'd pay $48 for it.
    It looks alright but no way I'd pay $48 for it.
    Same here. I will get it in game for REC or in game cash.

Have fun
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    edited July 2017
    As i do not sexually identify as a 4 wheel all terrain vehicle. . .

. . .I would say definitely no  
    Erillion
    The CYC-AA model (with missile launcher) doesn't really fill any real purpose, I think. It comes with one size 1 missile (max two) and after firing it's a sitting duck for retaliation, because most undamaged ships with full shields would endure one hit by a S1 missile. So what's the purpose of just stinging the enemy and say "Here I am, come and kill me"? But perhaps there's a reload function for missiles on the AA? Or you could have many AA jeeps for ground defense, of course, but it seems easier and better to just scramble a Hornet or something instead to meet the ship(s).
    Best regards,
    Viking
    A Hornet might laugh when hit by a  Size 1 missile.

A Nox or Dragonfly will not.

Have fun
    Vikingir
    True, but the AA model has a surface-to-air role and Nox and Dragonflies will be near the ground. Wouldn't it then be better with the TR (turret) model?
    Best regards,
    Viking
    I guess it depends on temperament. Those who are sure of their marksmanship will chose the turret. Those that prefer a self guided one-shot-knock-out-punch (but may miss) approach will chose the missile in my opinion.

Have fun
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited July 2017
    Nyctelios said:
    Hatefull said:
    Odeezee said:

Since when Halo has a trademark or became the reference points to offroad jeeps? It's not even the same design.
    LOl it's almost identical, are you blind? Go play HALO yeah there is some difference, but they are very similar. 

Did I say it was trade marked? Or a jeep? No, I just drew a distinction between the two, and it is definitely there. Furthermore, I think it is cool because of that as HALO is one of my favorite games to date. 

Odeezee said:
    Hatefull said:
    Odeezee said:

well, you could just find a place on some rock and do you on the ground. the game even has fps. and to get around either hire other players or npcs to fly you around.

more action concept art from the RSI twitter:

Yeah, that is essentially what I was saying.

To be clear, I am in no way bashing this game at this time. I simply said I am not a good pilot and I would prefer to play a ground game, I would further actually PLAY the ground portion of this game if it ever comes complete fruition.

So, in conclusion. I like it, I like that they are developing a ground game. No complaints. They made a 2017 Warthog. Well done.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• DaderickDaderick Member UncommonPosts: 48
    I picked one up.

Visit us over at Star Citizen Privateer!

That's not the real sexy, the real sexy:

The 890 Jump concept is the best-designed ship SC has, I don't think all that overhype 600i would match to it.
    MrMelGibson
  • joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Is it worth to start playing this game right now? Is there enough to do? Or better wait for release?
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Where is yours???
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    The art/design folks are really earning their pay.  They do produce some awesome designs/concept art
    Kefo
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD