Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bot Infestation

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    IceAge said:
    IceAge said:
    Renoaku said:
    "Hi Renoaku,

normally, we would not comment on these cases. But as you are being very public about it across various forums, we'd like to make a short statement. 

Your in-game chatlogs, and the identity of the account that gave you the gold, leaves us with no doubt that you did indeed purchase gold from a 3rd party website. The fact that account who gave you the gold even said "Hi, I'm delivery" does not help, either. 

Note that these 3rd party websites are often involved in account hacking and credit card fraud, so the damage they cause is extensive. 

Buying gold from 3rd party websites is clearly forbidden by our terms and conditions, and always has been. On top of that, it is also forbidden in essentially any other game that we are aware of."

Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462334/before-you-buy-this-game-read-the-terms-of-service

This was their public statement on the matter.  So the question is, do I believe their statement or yours?  And the answer: theirs.  They don't seem like the type of developer to ban paying customers without good cause.  They believe that you purchased gold from a 3rd-party site and that's probably what happened.  And the fact that you keep trying to foment outrage over this game only makes you look more guilty to me.
    Yeah a log that says "Im Delivery" no discussion of buying illegal currency for real money or anything because we were in Comms outside of the game which is why it broke game rules, I handed over items in Arche Age, and they handed me currency in Albion.

Last time I heard the line "Hi! I'm delivery" was when I bought some Adena in Lineage 2 way .. waaay back :)

So yeah! You did used a 3rd party website in order to receive the in-game money. It doesn't matter you "traded" goods from ArcheAge to Albion. All it matters is that you used a 3rd party website to receive in-game money.

PS: From my experience ( :) ) , gold websites do not trade items from one game to another. IF , that is happened, then you sold them items in ArcheAge for X price, then they said "Your ArcheAge items worth 100$. We can give you 5k in Albion for 100$. Agree?". Then you said "Yes!" Well .. this is the part when you broke the rules. Both in ArcheAge and Albion.

...actually, you kinda deserve to be banned from ArcheAge too. Maybe someone from here will report you :) 

Bum! :) 

PS2: No, I won't. I have better things to do ( Playing D3 ) then reporting you to ArcheAge. 

wow talk about petty, love these forums... wonder why  its dying..
    ...what?
    come on m8,  "hope someone reports you can get banned both games"  obviously egging the dude on
    No worries, he enjoys the attention, it's why he creates these same threads over and over.

I'm thinking of offering the Albion devs $100  to restore his account.  ;)
    [Deleted User]forcelima[Deleted User]NephethIceAgeMrMelGibsonMarcus-laserit

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Xiaoki said:
    So, is the only defense against Albion having bots on day 1 really that you people dont like the OP?

Is personal attacks and insults going to be your answer for every problem facing Albion going forward?

I dont give a single care what the OPs history with the game is because that is not at all relevant to the discussion at hand.

Well the thing is the OP didn't create  this thread to discuss botting, this is just his daily slam Albion thread which serve as vehicles to discuss yet again his favorite topic, how he was unfairly banned from the game.

We are then treated to massive walls of text in post after post with the same "defense" which he's posted again and again.

Despite all his anger what he desires most is to be let him back into the game. He even said just yesterday he was considering hiring a "service" which promised to get players unbanned.

So don't be surprised everyone is ignoring the botting question, we all know what the real subject is. 

Well yeah the botting is a huge problem, and the censorship is why I brought it over here to begin with I really hate companies that hide and censor posts when I see them, one of the great reasons I like this site, and yes I've been keeping up with this game and whats going on because I am very curious to how everything turns out, didn't create this whats it called thread originally to discuss bans but someone brought it here lol.

And to slam this game absolutely I will slam them for banning my account anyways because I know I didn't purchase currency as they claim, if they would have told me I got banned for breaking the trading across games rule or outside of the game I wouldn't be as upset as I am now.

And yes I did talk about hiring a 3rd party service to write my appeal letters for me because I suck at those, but im not sure its legitimate I know theres a lot of reviews for Unbanservice and advertised online.

And to be honest if I wanted to lie about everything I could have just not said anything and later claimed my account was hacked after my IP address changed and gotten it back that way I know this because people who lie actually do it, but I choose to be honest to them and tell them exactly what I did :3.

Kyleran said:
    No worries, he enjoys the attention, it's why he creates these same threads over and over.

Attention not really, its just really upsetting to know i lost 4 years of my time and money to a company that bans over a trade because their agreement does say, and obviously I can't be lying about this under 4.5.1 accepting large amounts of currency or items with nothing in return, we will assume you broke this rule.

And as soon as they hintied that I purchased currency and that it came from fraudulent sources which I can only take their word for it I did offer to pay them the Equal Real Dollar Value amount to get unbanned just to prove I wouldn't purchase from fraudulent sources which actually comes out to around $500 USD if purchased with real currency because the person gave me 50k twice, and another 50k when I told them it wasn't going to be enough to do what I wanted to do with it and then a week later I was hit with the ban but if I remember correctly it was the same person so I believed everything to be legitimate at the time.

So no I don't think the company honestly cares about your money I could be wrong but I did offer to pay them $500 just to have my account back.

Like obviously I have no problem purchasing 100 Apex, heck I could start playing EVE again and buy 28 or 30 PLEX right now or even Albion again and just throw in $500 right now if I wanted, but I don't want to risk the ban again even if I don't do anything wrong again they threatend to ban me again if I make a new account.

NephethGdemamiExcession
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Yup, he'll keep going and going and going...until he gets banned from these forums also. Then he'll start posting on some other site about how he was unfairly banned from mmorpg.com
    Kyleran[Deleted User]NephethMrMelGibsonMarcus-[Deleted User]Excession
    edited July 2017
    Forgrimm said:
    Yup, he'll keep going and going and going...until he gets banned from these forums also. Then he'll start posting on some other site about how he was unfairly banned from mmorpg.com
    Well im not the one who keeps brining up all the discussions about the ban if you go read up to the very original post its some people who choose to bring it up assumnig that the reason im posting here is because of slamming a game due to a ban...

If I was still playing the game the only difference is I would be on their forums arguing and telling them to fix bots but given the censorship even without the ban I would have to come over here and post it anyways );.
    GdemamiExcession
    Forgrimm said:
    Interestingly enough they don't really appreciate it here when people bring their moderation issues from other games or forums.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    There is a very big picture but i haven't the energy to explain it all,not like most would understand anyhow or even care or usually when someone doesn't understand they say "idc".

There is a problem within gaming,devs lie a LOT,devs are lazy and cheap and deceptive at the same time,they do a little bit of policing and caring about their games but not nearly enough.

A lot of players are ruining games as well,from simple things like spamming chat to rmt activity.This is where the big picture lies but like i said i am not about to explain the whole process and ins and outs and why's.Partly it is poor game design,actually a LOT is poor game design that feeds it,supports it and encourages it.

Do i pretend to have the prefect answer?Oh hell no but i am not out there pretending to either nor am i running an ongoing MMO that is thinking of ways to grind money out of gamer's.There is no question what so ever developers do NOT have enough GM's or enough activity or CARE within their staff to properly police and PREVENT their games from being abused/exploited and ruined.
    I could sum it all up VERY easily and i have said it a thousand times,game developers are a BUSINESS first and a passionate game developer second.

It is a failed formula that will NEVER give us the best possible games to play.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited July 2017
    Wizardry said:
    There is a very big picture but i haven't the energy to explain it all,not like most would understand anyhow or even care or usually when someone doesn't understand they say "idc".

There is a problem within gaming,devs lie a LOT,devs are lazy and cheap and deceptive at the same time,they do a little bit of policing and caring about their games but not nearly enough.

A lot of players are ruining games as well,from simple things like spamming chat to rmt activity.This is where the big picture lies but like i said i am not about to explain the whole process and ins and outs and why's.Partly it is poor game design,actually a LOT is poor game design that feeds it,supports it and encourages it.

Do i pretend to have the prefect answer?Oh hell no but i am not out there pretending to either nor am i running an ongoing MMO that is thinking of ways to grind money out of gamer's.There is no question what so ever developers do NOT have enough GM's or enough activity or CARE within their staff to properly police and PREVENT their games from being abused/exploited and ruined.
    I could sum it all up VERY easily and i have said it a thousand times,game developers are a BUSINESS first and a passionate game developer second.

So is it always true that developers don't care like the developers of "Ashes OF Creation" seem to care a lot about their game, or is that just for business and income?

I don't see a lot on crow-fall but I don't check that one out much lately.

It seems to me like some developers and artists would care about their creations somewhat, then there are artists like Sakimichan who makes a lot doing art?
    Excession
    edited July 2017
    Renoaku said:
    Wizardry said:

So is it always true that developers don't care like the developers of "Ashes OF Creation" seem to care a lot about their game, or is that just for business and income?

I don't see a lot on crow-fall but I don't check that one out much lately.

It seems to me like some developers and artists would care about their creations somewhat, then there are artists like Sakimichan who makes a lot doing art?
    I'm guessing every other game developer is superior in your mind to the one who caught and banned you for real money trading.
    Well I don't talk to a lot of developers but the ones I actually talk to sometimes in discord seem to be really into game design and like their work, that is why I am wondering if its always about money.

And its hard for me to judge the developer Korn, or whatever his name is because I really don't know them, I just think they are a jerk for assuming that I would purchase really currency and not really reviewing anything I sent them besides the logs that are on their server, and yeah I absolutely understand what it looks like or can look like from his view of things so its not like I hate them, but I really dislike their company for not actually taking the time to review what I sent them and I hate lies so saying I purchased gold when I exchanged across games really does upset me.

I really don't have anything bad to say about the developer who accused me I just think its a jerk move to believe that a 4 year backer would purchase currency like this, and feel that if it were other companies which its happend a couple of times over the years they generally take a look at things and don't immediately ban your account, I am not saying I don't like they are taking a hard stance against cheating because I absolutely do, just saying that sometimes 1% of the time they don't entirely make the right decision thats all.

Out of my entire gaming history never been banned for life from any service by any developer even in the couple of games where I was accused of RMT, and even when I did break a rule or something that was minor like in World OF Warcraft when I was like 15 years old and told a guy to f*** off the GM just warned me and told me not to use that word.

Edit, and yeah I think the developers too could have done a better job before releasing this game with something better to deal with cheaters like and anti-cheat, and prevent fraud issues with gold sellers, because those dishonest scumbags are what ruins the economy when they have to use illegal methods to cheat, keep in mind I don't mean like RMT in games where its allowed or not banned on but rather those who use hacks to do what they do in albion, or commit fraud.
    GdemamiExcession
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    Renoaku said:
    So I was reading on the Albion Forums, and the post got censored, but at least it got moved to the Cheaters section, although this company is still covering up and censoring many posts, I have never in my life seen a MMORPG Company do this and I've played many, like I understand its within their right to remove posts, messages, etc, but I have never seen a company remove and censor so many complaints, or anything they define as too negative.

But since they tried to censor it I will post it here, this game has a serious problem just as I said it would its full of Bots, and Cheating Scum which currently the company can't do anything other than IP ban people but there is no protection or Anti-Cheat as much as I dislike some Anti-Cheats this game could have used a reputable one like "Battleye" or "Easy Anti Cheat", as well as some server code to prevnet unauthroized clients from logging in.

I won't discuss cheating websites here because its illegal obviously, but there are already lots of hacks, videos, even open sourced bots that are open to the public and I think this is a major problem that they did not curve the cheating and do something to at least improve server side detection and bots before release of the game. I do not recommend, or encourage anyone to cheat in any game that are no words to how people doing such intentionally really pisses me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgaKT1u6PzA

But it also pisses me off that this company released this game like this, let down all its backers, screwed me over as a backer, and currently censors their forums to try to prevent it from being exposed about how open it is to cheating with no address about it either other than the gold sellers ban the other day post by them.
    You took the RISK!
    You pulled out your credit card like you pulled out on your prom night only for you to share what an overachiever you are!
    And now, we are all stuck hearing about how bitter and miserable you are every fucking thread!

You could have gotten an abortion.
    Nepheth
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Renoaku said:
    Kyleran said:
    Xiaoki said:
    So, is the only defense against Albion having bots on day 1 really that you people dont like the OP?

Is personal attacks and insults going to be your answer for every problem facing Albion going forward?

I dont give a single care what the OPs history with the game is because that is not at all relevant to the discussion at hand.

Well the thing is the OP didn't create  this thread to discuss botting, this is just his daily slam Albion thread which serve as vehicles to discuss yet again his favorite topic, how he was unfairly banned from the game.

We are then treated to massive walls of text in post after post with the same "defense" which he's posted again and again.

Despite all his anger what he desires most is to be let him back into the game. He even said just yesterday he was considering hiring a "service" which promised to get players unbanned.

So don't be surprised everyone is ignoring the botting question, we all know what the real subject is. 

Well yeah the botting is a huge problem, and the censorship is why I brought it over here to begin with I really hate companies that hide and censor posts when I see them, one of the great reasons I like this site, and yes I've been keeping up with this game and whats going on because I am very curious to how everything turns out, didn't create this whats it called thread originally to discuss bans but someone brought it here lol.

And to slam this game absolutely I will slam them for banning my account anyways because I know I didn't purchase currency as they claim, if they would have told me I got banned for breaking the trading across games rule or outside of the game I wouldn't be as upset as I am now.

And yes I did talk about hiring a 3rd party service to write my appeal letters for me because I suck at those, but im not sure its legitimate I know theres a lot of reviews for Unbanservice and advertised online.

And to be honest if I wanted to lie about everything I could have just not said anything and later claimed my account was hacked after my IP address changed and gotten it back that way I know this because people who lie actually do it, but I choose to be honest to them and tell them exactly what I did :3.

Kyleran said:

Attention not really, its just really upsetting to know i lost 4 years of my time and money to a company that bans over a trade because their agreement does say, and obviously I can't be lying about this under 4.5.1 accepting large amounts of currency or items with nothing in return, we will assume you broke this rule.

And as soon as they hintied that I purchased currency and that it came from fraudulent sources which I can only take their word for it I did offer to pay them the Equal Real Dollar Value amount to get unbanned just to prove I wouldn't purchase from fraudulent sources which actually comes out to around $500 USD if purchased with real currency because the person gave me 50k twice, and another 50k when I told them it wasn't going to be enough to do what I wanted to do with it and then a week later I was hit with the ban but if I remember correctly it was the same person so I believed everything to be legitimate at the time.

So no I don't think the company honestly cares about your money I could be wrong but I did offer to pay them $500 just to have my account back.

Like obviously I have no problem purchasing 100 Apex, heck I could start playing EVE again and buy 28 or 30 PLEX right now or even Albion again and just throw in $500 right now if I wanted, but I don't want to risk the ban again even if I don't do anything wrong again they threatend to ban me again if I make a new account.

Wow man! ( I really spelled that in real life ) .

That's all I have to say :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Renoaku said:
    "Hi Renoaku,

normally, we would not comment on these cases. But as you are being very public about it across various forums, we'd like to make a short statement. 

Your in-game chatlogs, and the identity of the account that gave you the gold, leaves us with no doubt that you did indeed purchase gold from a 3rd party website. The fact that account who gave you the gold even said "Hi, I'm delivery" does not help, either. 

Note that these 3rd party websites are often involved in account hacking and credit card fraud, so the damage they cause is extensive. 

Buying gold from 3rd party websites is clearly forbidden by our terms and conditions, and always has been. On top of that, it is also forbidden in essentially any other game that we are aware of."

Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462334/before-you-buy-this-game-read-the-terms-of-service

This was their public statement on the matter.  So the question is, do I believe their statement or yours?  And the answer: theirs.  They don't seem like the type of developer to ban paying customers without good cause.  They believe that you purchased gold from a 3rd-party site and that's probably what happened.  And the fact that you keep trying to foment outrage over this game only makes you look more guilty to me.
    Yeah a log that says "Im Delivery" no discussion of buying illegal currency for real money or anything because we were in Comms outside of the game which is why it broke game rules, I handed over items in Arche Age, and they handed me currency in Albion.

Also I am quite sure what if there were actual "In Game Chatlogs" as he says about me purchasing currency he would have disclosed them here, but instead all he has is a log that say "Im Delivery", or a person there to deliver / trade with me which is not illegal, and if by any chance the person who traded with me was connected to some illegal website, or did something illegal as they said, then its not my responsibility to know this information, I just assume that 99% of players are legitimate and I take their word for that they play the game legally, if at any point I notice someone illegally sells items  aka a gold seller I report them.

And I never called the developer a liar because I can only take their word just as they could take mine that they are telling the truth that the person I traded with did something illegal, which I would have never knowingly taken part in, and having a clean account for 4 years should prove that.

To me its not a matter of taking sides of who is right and who is wrong its a matter of this company screwing its founders over trading in a game that allows trading, if 3rd parties or other people are illegally doing something then they should stop it before I ever traded with a person who was breaking the rules with illegal hacks or whatever they use to obtain the currency in the first place.

And yes I am outraged because I purchased $100 for my original founders, and $74 in additional purchases prior to getting banned for just accepting a trade of all things, 
    not for being toxic, not for using bots, exploits or actual hacks who wouldn't be upset with the amount of time invested into a game and trust in a company, and if for sakes of argument I did purchase gold illegally then I would be complaining about it to them and getting my money back from them as well.

If in fact I had purchased currency, then they would sure have a lot more evidence to back up the claim than just a couple of transactions in a single time period, or at least review what I sent them like 3 times in a support ticket proving my claims.

I honestly don't care about being barred from their game, its the principle of wasting $174, and time within a company I thought could be trusted, and having to file a complaint with the Better Business better business bureau, the other day, I honestly don't want to play a game filled with hackers anyways id rather just them refund what I spent and be on my way if they are going to show this much disloyalty to its customers, or give me access to what was paid for because its truthfully not my fault someone else would choose to commit illegal actions on their own..

And I know this statement isn't going to help my case, 
    But any user like me knows what "TOR" is, and what a VPN is, as well as Free WI-FI, put these together and your untraceable, given my knowledge in this I think its pretty easy to assume that if I myself wanted to supply my own self with unlimited gold, and fraudulent currency on my own, I could, and could avoid being tracked, truthfully given the security of this game company its all not really that hard to do so I understand their frustration when Gold Sellers solicit and sell gold using stolen information, its not something I would ever support.

Also if the developer had real proof to back up his claims, he would have responded to my PM on MMORPG, their forums, or any of the 5 or so support tickets filed over a period of months, but obviously there isn't actual proof, only the fact that the other person might have been illegally involved in selling gold, or distributing fraudulent currency which I would not have been aware of.

And meanwhile the real cheaters choose to cheat, and bot this game, even account sharing via cheating is easy by using RDC (Remote Desktop Connection) people do it and get away with it, I never have cheated only accepted a bad trade, and I am really curious to how a person can be held responsible for such, what if I purchased currency illegally from a site for real, then trade this currency to other players through the market, or in direct trade for some items or something, who is responsible then, just myself or the other players who may or may not have known.

I know I am really upset about it all, but I have never had a company go this low to apply a life time ban just for accepting any type of trade even the couple of times that accepting a trade came from an illicit source without knowledge the items were just removed and I didn't care.
    So...you admit to cheating, discussion over. You cheated, you got caught, you got what you deserve. End of story.
    MrMelGibsonNephethExcession

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    edited July 2017
    I find it funny a guy who was banned and I'm assuming isn't playing this game at the moment is bringing attention to a games launch.  A launch he didn't participate in lol.  Kid sees one youtube video and his mind is blown.
    StoneRosesNepheth
    Hatefull said:
    So...you admit to cheating, discussion over. You cheated, you got caught, you got what you deserve. End of story.
    Well trading in the game isn't exactly cheating its an allowed game mechanic.

The only thing that broke a rule is accepting a large amount of currency across two games which I clearly had no idea was actually in the rules because if you go look on the Albion Online forums it only says paying Real Money is illegal, Bit Coins, Favors, and Exchanging across games is not real money.

Its a simple case of not seeing it in the rules because it updated since I originally purchased and even read the agreement many years ago, and I really don't like the fact that they hold people guilty before innocent when a person trades or receives a large amount of items it says it right there in their own Terms.

But a Life Time ban for simply accepting a couple of trades in a single day one time in 4 years of playing seems a little much (Especially during beta).
    Excession
    I find it funny a guy who was banned and I'm assuming isn't playing this game at the moment is bringing attention to a games launch.  A launch he didn't participate in lol.  Kid sees one youtube video and his mind is blown.
    More than just a YouTube video of a few bots and gotta remember that I played for 4 years on and off until the launch of the game which last beta they banned the account.

I would give specific information for the cheats to prove but its against the forum rules highly although I can tell you that if you look up cheats or hacks on YouTube, and Google you will pretty much find what I am talking about.

And if I were legally allowed to test the security of their servers against fraud working for a testing company I bet I could show how easy it is to commit fraud on their game which is what all these illegal gold sellers are doing, swap it to silver, and sell it to other people very easy to do and not get arrested in Real Life even if living in the states that is how bad it is, although asking a security expert who knows about this they would likely tell you the same thing.

There are however things and measures the game company or SBI can do to help prevent that type of activity by limiting new accounts on gold purchases until there have been no charge-backs for a set amount of time this would prevent people from illegally doing this type of activitiy and putting in trust systems, or removing the entire ability to trade gold to silver directly, just making it silver to gold trades but gold can't be switched back or imposing limits so only silver changed to gold can be changed back to silver.

This prevents bots and illegal companies from doing this.
    Excession
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited July 2017
    Renoaku said:
    So I was reading on the Albion Forums, and the post got censored, but at least it got moved to the Cheaters section, although this company is still covering up and censoring many posts, I have never in my life seen a MMORPG Company do this and I've played many, like I understand its within their right to remove posts, messages, etc, but I have never seen a company remove and censor so many complaints, or anything they define as too negative.

But since they tried to censor it I will post it here, this game has a serious problem just as I said it would its full of Bots, and Cheating Scum which currently the company can't do anything other than IP ban people but there is no protection or Anti-Cheat as much as I dislike some Anti-Cheats this game could have used a reputable one like "Battleye" or "Easy Anti Cheat", as well as some server code to prevnet unauthroized clients from logging in.

I won't discuss cheating websites here because its illegal obviously, but there are already lots of hacks, videos, even open sourced bots that are open to the public and I think this is a major problem that they did not curve the cheating and do something to at least improve server side detection and bots before release of the game. I do not recommend, or encourage anyone to cheat in any game that are no words to how people doing such intentionally really pisses me off.

But it also pisses me off that this company released this game like this, let down all its backers, screwed me over as a backer, and currently censors their forums to try to prevent it from being exposed about how open it is to cheating with no address about it either other than the gold sellers ban the other day post by them.
    thanks for the info.  i played the beta and was looking forward to it when it was FTP.  then i was on the fence cuz it was b2p plus tiered subs available.  which i think isn't worth it for a game with cellphone graphics (yes i know its so it can be mobile).  but anyways, didnt want to collect fantasy twigs all day.  your post about bots really seals the deal for me NOT to buy this game.  honestly if it was plain ole B2P, i might have considered it, but the member status sub and bots really make me pass on this game.

EDIT:  and if you want to make threads and post info thats fine.  i love it how ppl with X-thousand posts criticize you for posting stuff, when they themselves troll every thread with one sentence replies to build up their post count, everyday, all day, for 5-10 years.  so sad.  brings me back to the, "i'm a grown man and dont want to collect in-game tree branches all day".  I'm a grown man and don't want to read one sentence replies from the same 5 users on this forum all day trying to boost their post count to X-ten thousand.  i'd call them trolls but they'd all band together in their 5-man circle jerk and go to town on me with 1 sentence replies to get their post count up.  they'd love it.  its literally just the same 5 dudes with over 10,000+ posts, trolling on, flaming, and picking on other users with their zingerless 1-2 sentence replies critizing your long replies.  so sad haha. they camp this forum all day for years.  sooo lame haha.
    NephethGdemamiKyleran

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
    edited July 2017
    time007 said:
    Renoaku said:

thanks for the info.  i played the beta and was looking forward to it when it was FTP.  then i was on the fence cuz it was b2p plus tiered subs available.  which i think isn't worth it for a game with cellphone graphics (yes i know its so it can be mobile).  but anyways, didnt want to collect fantasy twigs all day.  your post about bots really seals the deal for me NOT to buy this game.  honestly if it was plain ole B2P, i might have considered it, but the member status sub and bots really make me pass on this game.
    The game is still buy 2 play but without a subscription IMO its not worth playing because of the 50% resource gathering, and if ur a hard-core farmer like me you need a minimum of 3 characters to be successful because its like Arche Age with Energy.

As for the bots I have yet to see what they are going to do to address it other than the lack of security & anti-cheats.

I mean unless its changed that I am not aware of myself O.o but still bots are a problem right now and the ability to zoom hack is a problem IMO, as well as radar so you know where everyone is pretty much, and used correctly not saying cheating is good people can get away with it easily.

In General if doing the 3 character thing you need to pay I think its $14.95 a month for each character per account to be premium so whales or guilds with the most people who do this will benefit more.
    GdemamiKyleranExcession
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Game is ok but way to few zones for the number of players at the moment. havent actually seen to many bots mainly due to the lack of areas were they can actually work due to how contested everything is. Seriously though they should of had 2 or 3 servers for the amount of sales they had or made the world 3 or 4 times as big in the teir 4 and under areas. They spent so long in beta i expected alot of improvements but its only slightly better than the second beta and some parts look like they have even been made more basic.
  • Korn42Korn42 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited July 2017
    Our enforcement policy against botting is a lifetime ban on first offense and as effective as our measures taken against RMT.
    [Deleted User]forcelimaRenoakuForgrimmMarcus-KyleranExcession
    edited July 2017
    Korn42 said:
    Our enforcement policy against botting is a lifetime ban on first offense and as effective as our measures taken against RMT.
    Awesome thanks, its great that you all are banning bots, and cheaters, but is it actually working?

Like this game has no Anti-Cheat meaning that players can use hacks such as "Radar" "ESP" "Zoom Hack" and go undetected for like ever, the worst part is that I believe this can go undetected for ages, I am sure your aware of the sites and services I am talking about that develop these things which I can't post here for obvious reasons, but is there any plans to be able to remove and deal with this so the game can remain fair like before they can harm legitimate customers?

Also the bots, a real cheater who uses illegal bots to gain an unfair advantage in the game doesn't care if they are banned or not, most bots that  are illegal china farmers do illegal things which are caught really quickly such as bot 24/7 do the same actions 24/7 and such using an automated bot do not care they just keep making accounts, but what about the 1% of people who run an automated macro only while watching Netflix, and remain at the game itself, or use other types of sneaky cheats which are likely undetected, is there any method of dealing with this?

And fraud, every since this company locked my account, I looked into how easy it is to do this, and I actually find it quite easy to do myself something I would never do, but is there any plans to put in restrictions to keep illegal gold sites from using stolen information to purchase gold, like to be able to stop it so that it doesn't make it into the economy for example when I supposedly purchased gold, it took a week before anything happened and I was able to use it to upgrade most all my farms and make purchases off the market, is there possibly going to be restrictions in the future to prevent them from beign able to defraud this company, and its screw around with the legitimate players?

. For example putting in restrictions so a full amount of purchased gold can not be exchanged for a month to prevent charge-back and lost money + Unbalance in the player economy would be good, maybe allow new players to trade like no more than 500-1000 gold to help get them started in their packages or new accounts, once an account gets trusted status aka no charge-backs or fraud they can buy and immediately trade, and silver can always be converted to gold at any time, this is one way to prevent the whole fraud issue on the scale that could unbalance and harm legitimate players.
    -----------------------------------------------
    As for myself I would never purchase gold between any illegal 3rd party website for this game, I know what it looks like from your end and I am not sure what happened, I just know I exchanged across Arche Age & Albion, I know that in your book, and rules this was cheating, and not something I would have ever done again as I was in good standing myself for 4 years before this, so its really upsetting to me to see that damn message saying I purchased gold, when all my purchases with Real Money came from SBI's Website, and any future purchases if the account was actually ever unlocked would come from that same website, not from a 3rd party, but I would sure as hell never exchange across games again on any game without contacting support and asking first if its legal.

I was also told if I ever opened a new account it would get immediately locked too assuming I obviously do it legitimate and don't bother to hide my IP address when creating a new account.

And I am really curious about something too if the person I trade with was really involved with illegal activity, or if SBI simply banned my account because I received a large amount of currency with nothing of equal value in return, which is listed as a violation in the agreement it says SBI will assume it was purchased with real money, even if it wasn't which does upset me being from the U.S and the whole guilty before innocent thing... But yet there is an investment bank and players running a service in game which takes players gold and supposedly generates a profit out of it and returns a small profit, how is this legal because its receiving currency with nothing of equal value in return?
    ExcessionGdemami
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    All water under the bridge my friend... 

You're arguing moot points.  What if... what if... what if... Doesn't matter because it's all after the fact.  

The real question is, would you have created such a tirade over this BEFORE you even stepped one foot in the game?  No, you did so after you were ejected.  It BECAME an issue once it affected you directly.  Now you're on this soapbox trying to point out all the wrongs in the world as if it will somehow change the situation you are in.  It won't.  

Let go of it.  Accept the fact that life sucks and you've been wronged and everyone else in the world is an idiot.  Your heart will thank you later on in life.
    [Deleted User]
    edited July 2017
    btdt said:
    All water under the bridge my friend... 

You're arguing moot points.  What if... what if... what if... Doesn't matter because it's all after the fact.  

The real question is, would you have created such a tirade over this BEFORE you even stepped one foot in the game?  No, you did so after you were ejected.  It BECAME an issue once it affected you directly.  Now you're on this soapbox trying to point out all the wrongs in the world as if it will somehow change the situation you are in.  It won't.  

Let go of it.  Accept the fact that life sucks and you've been wronged and everyone else in the world is an idiot.  Your heart will thank you later on in life.
    Again I wouldn't be so upset if the company actually reviewed what I sent them, and I wasn't being accused of illegally purchasing gold, as I said I could have lied to SBI as a company changed my IP address came back a month or so later and claimed my account was hacked illegally by a 3rd party just to get the account back and it might have worked to it actually has a high success rate depending on certain factors, but lying is not my thing.

Sure a rule was broken, but really are you going to punish your kid who goes to school over breaking a minor rule or telling another student to F*** themselves are you going to kick them out of school for ever becuase of one little mistake they do?

And the good part is this happened during beta, I am glad it happened during beta rather than Launch, because at least SBI did show me a bit of soemthing I was never aware of in online games, and the gold did not make it to the economy so I don't really understand how this company could not have reviewed how long I have had my account to begin with, and that I might be telling them the truth and given a chance to never do it again especially since it was in beta.

As for the trade that happened, I played Arche Age for like 2 years, and gave away everything I had in the game for free, it was a couple of players who agreed to make the trade of some items, and all the land I gave freely to people without anything in return, or any real life money because I was simply done with the game and Trions stupiditiy after spending a couple of thousand dollars at least in their game.

Its not a lie I would think to create after being ejected or barred as you claim, It really did happen like this, but if the other party did something illegal or something bad happened I have no idea but if I did purchase gold illegally as you believe I did obviously the real question I would like to know is why I would do this during beta when it would be lost anyways?

EDIT: Here is proof that SBI blocks customer service tickets, accuses its 4 year old loyal customers of cheating, and even blocked a guild members ticket after responding to a response they got where the staff or employee admitted that evidence is not always accurate, which to me is very disturbing, either I bought gold with real money, or I didn't....

http://imgur.com/a/87l0d So here is the new snapshots proving such, I am done with arguing on this issue now just passing the news to my friends and stuff.

But I feel this evidence proves what I say is true, and provides proof of my purchases being with SBI as a company, and proof that I may have indeed not purchase gold within reasonable doubt, even though I know I didn't they just proved they could have the information wrong, and that is what I needed to make things a bit more clear.

Post edited by Renoaku on
    ExcessionGdemami
  • brickleulbrickleul Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Nyctelios said:
    Renoaku said:
    Hatefull said:
    [snip]
    ... [snip] I clearly had no idea was actually in the rules because if you go look on the Albion Online forums it only says paying Real Money is illegal, Bit Coins, Favors, and Exchanging across games is not real money.
    [snip]
    Bit Coin is real money.

If something has in any stage some sort of exchange with real money then it is a real money transaction. That's the whole issue with G2A and Steam CS:GO gamble fiasco. There are ways to exchange it for real life money through third party sites selling used games/skins, and steps in the process that involves real life money. 

Exchanging across games?! What in actual hell are you even talking about? How can you exchange between games if they are different entities? What the f***, dude?! Where did you get that excuse from? Your arse?!

Man, I can't take you seriously. "Man up" and assume your wrong doing. This... this is beyond nonsense.
    Bitcoins are not real money, they are products, there is no difference between BTC and a slice of pizza, both products. And exchanging between games it happens since MMO have appeared, I often traded ISK in Eve online for some gold in Lotro or Archage and stuff like this. It's possible and often done in special between friends or people who know each other in RL 
    Gdemami
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited July 2017
    Actually, there's no such thing as real money.  Everything that is used as money is agreed upon by others to do so.  Even ingame money have U.S. dollar conversion rates.  All they need is an agreed upon rate by at least two people.  People make a living in some games and pay their real life bills through conversions.  It's a tax paying income for some.  Like in Second Life.
    RenoakuGdemami

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20
    There really is an infestation and they are hiding all posts about it. I have posted many times on their forum with video evidence and the post gets moved to a section other users can't read.

These bots have radar and can detect if a pvp-enabled player comes even within rendering distance and the bot automatically starts running. I found this out because I kept seeing the same person grinding rhinos every day in red zone during off hours. I saw it dying to Cougars a few times. Then I decided to flag up when I saw it dying to Cougars again and it automatically started running. I kind of followed it and it always ran southwest to the zoneline exit so I had a buddy wait in that direction and we kept killing it. 

Every time the bot dies it would go to the bank, regear (in cheap T4) then come back and start killing Rhinos. 

The bot is still there today despite video evidence posted to AO. 
    KyleranRenoaku
    edited September 2017
    brickleul said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Renoaku said:
    Hatefull said:
    [snip]
    ... [snip] I clearly had no idea was actually in the rules because if you go look on the Albion Online forums it only says paying Real Money is illegal, Bit Coins, Favors, and Exchanging across games is not real money.
    [snip]
    Bit Coin is real money.

If something has in any stage some sort of exchange with real money then it is a real money transaction. That's the whole issue with G2A and Steam CS:GO gamble fiasco. There are ways to exchange it for real life money through third party sites selling used games/skins, and steps in the process that involves real life money. 

Exchanging across games?! What in actual hell are you even talking about? How can you exchange between games if they are different entities? What the f***, dude?! Where did you get that excuse from? Your arse?!

Man, I can't take you seriously. "Man up" and assume your wrong doing. This... this is beyond nonsense.
    Bitcoins are not real money, they are products, there is no difference between BTC and a slice of pizza, both products. And exchanging between games it happens since MMO have appeared, I often traded ISK in Eve online for some gold in Lotro or Archage and stuff like this. It's possible and often done in special between friends or people who know each other in RL 
    Bitcoins are cryptocurrency, pizza is not, there is a very significant difference, suggest you read up on them.