Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Around the Verse - Kiosks and Commodities - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageAround the Verse - Kiosks and Commodities - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

Sandi Gardiner and Will Weissbaum host this week’s episode, which focuses on kiosks and commodities coming in 3.0 and beyond. Plus, Brian Chambers provides an update from F42 Frankfurt.

Read the full story here

Comments

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    So freaking sweet!!! Cant wait to play 3.0 with my new 1080ti 8)
    JoeBloberErillion
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    This game is still alive? LOL
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    That was the most 5 boring minutes I had in a while. The long hair dude was ..wow.......

Voidfarer said:

Well , say thanks if it will run with your new graphic card when ... this game comes out !

I heard about 3.0 since .. half a year now I guess. So imagine if they have .. say .. 10 version of alpha. Then how many of closed? Open Beta?

You do the math :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586
    Star Citizen patch 3.0 is coming in a month. And yes the tech is amazing and real...
    Erillion
  • VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Yeah I'm getting more concerned about FPS, seen a few vids they've done now that show pretty low FPS, and that's without other player entities running around as well, guess it means they will have some serious optimisation to do
    “Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    edited July 2017

Chaserz said:

This game is still alive? LOL

Your clearly missing out on ALOT! lol
    Erillion
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited July 2017

IceAge said:

That was the most 5 boring minutes I had in a while. The long hair dude was ..wow.......

Voidfarer said:

Well , say thanks if it will run with your new graphic card when ... this game comes out !

I heard about 3.0 since .. half a year now I guess. So imagine if they have .. say .. 10 version of alpha. Then how many of closed? Open Beta?

You do the math :)

I think the "3.0" you are talking about isn't this "3.0" - just patch numbers after all.

They did indeed hope to release 3.0 last December but the networking tech didn't meet whatever internal bar they had set. Pretty much all the rest of stuff was done though.

So ..... they could have released what they had and called it 3.0 - pretty sure there would have been comments about "3.0" not delivering the network improvements talked about. They could have released nothing - insert wall of flame flame comments . Instead they delivered what they had and called it 2.6.

And you can see the same thing happening now. This "3.0" was only supposed to contain stuff that the teams were "sure" they could complete by the end of June. Some of the teams haven't yet delivered. Some have though and as a result they have completed some extra stuff.

As to how long everything will take - people should check out the alpha when 3.0 releases and decide for themselves - how much of the core tech is done? (Adding missions etc. is relatively easy once the mechanisms are in place).

I am not sure most EA games are comparable. And there have been very few non-EA examples - most are stress tests just before launch. The GW1 weekends that people could play whilst it was in development maybe (the ones they introduced a charge for - discounted against the cost of the full game) or the WoW beta that ran for 10 months in the US, about the same in the EU (started and finished later). Tough.