Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fractured Races Explored - 3 Types, 3 Different Stories - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageFractured Races Explored - 3 Types, 3 Different Stories - MMORPG.com News

The Fractured team reached out to us earlier today with news about the first-ever developer blog post on the SpatialOS-based sandbox MMO. According to the first sentences, the team is out to "innovate the MMO genre" and one way to do that is to have races with vastly different experiences in the game. In Fractured, races will matter and be an important aspect of a player's entire experience.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• chongguangchongguang Member UncommonPosts: 4
    demon beast and regual human type for the 1st wave of races? Whats the game of this ?
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135

demon beast and regual human type for the 1st wave of races? Whats the game of this ?

It's Darkfall revamped.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    This looks like they are putting some thought in to this. I looks forward to seeing what they can do.
    SBFordAlomarxyzercrimebcbully

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited July 2017
    Open world PvP with full loot drops? OK, demons and Vampire races... they just got my attention. :-)
    bcbully

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    May be worth keeping an eye on.
    SBFord
  • Grendizer73Grendizer73 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    "innovate the MMO genre" yeah, sure: it will be a miracle if this game come to light...
    Octagon7711Ozmodan
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Could be interesting, it would be nice to actually see this game get made and stay true to their vision. Only time will tell.
    Octagon7711SBFord

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

"innovate the MMO genre" yeah, sure: it will be a miracle if this game come to light...

First thing I thought when I read that part.

The Borg Queen:
    Brave words. I've heard them before, from thousands of species across thousands of worlds, since long before you were created. But, now they are all Borg.

My version.
    The Borg Queen:
    Brave words. I've heard them before, from thousands of developers across thousands of game worlds, since long before WoW. But, now they are all Free to Play.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386
    I do
    DavodtheTutt

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    It always irks me when developers of sandbox games feel that have to include full loot pvp.  Just a stupid decision as it really limits your audience severely.  Just another niche game that most of us will have no interest in.
    Azaron_NightbladeKimo
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited July 2017
    Ozmodan said:
    It always irks me when developers of sandbox games feel that have to include full loot pvp.  Just a stupid decision as it really limits your audience severely.  Just another niche game that most of us will have no interest in.
    They are cleverly trying to appeal to everyone, by having parts of the w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ universe that isn't full loot PvP. Of course if you think about it for five seconds, you'll realize you will have to deal with it sooner or later anyway, or forever restrict yourself to some part of the game.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• whichdoctorwhowhichdoctorwho Member CommonPosts: 1
    i'm a little sad that the demon kin are lawless, i love drow or even orc society in their worlds they are lawful evil mostly with a strong sense of leadership... they still kill to advance in it, covertly or openly... by any means necessary. thou still being lawless, chaotic is a sad choice for their races, in my opinion.