Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shooters with healer/support?

dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
I've never been huge on FPS games. However, I have had some fun here and there with shooters that have some type of healer or support class. Are there any major online shooting games that have healer and/or support classes out there? Not talking about Overwatch or Paladins, but major FPS games with huge followings. Thanks!

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

Comments

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Warframe, it has pretty large playerbase and can be compared to Destiny.

But I still suggest Warframe, its F2P model is really generous IMO.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited July 2017
    The Division? I don't know if it has a "huge" following on pc, but I always see a lot of people online on the PS4. Also, it's not fps.

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    That game seems kinda similar to Overwatch and the like. I was thinking more of a real shooter.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    d_20 said:
    The Division? I don't know if it has a "huge" following on pc, but I always see a lot of people online on the PS4. Also, it's not fps.
    I play on pc and even at odd hours there are lots of people on.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Battlefield 4 has a medic class they carry med packs they can give to team mates
    [Deleted User]
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    Overwatch, and Global Agenda?

Americas Army for realism?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Anyone played Battlefield 1?

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    If it was still running I would suggest Dust 514. As bad of a rap as that game took it was amazing. And support was a fun class to play. Not only could you heal armor and revive downed opponents, you also could carry around these placeable ammo packs that allies could restore ammo at and you were allowed a medium weapon which let you pick up something versatile like an assault rifle or mass driver. Back in beta me (armed with a mass driver) and another logi (armed with a shotgun) held off and eventually killed 5 enemy combatants because I would launch grenades at them until they got brave enough to push and then he would blow them away with his shotgun while we sat there healing each other.

CCP is currently rebuilding Dust 514 as Project Nova so it's very worth keeping an eye on. I just hope their take away from the fact they killed Dust 514 by making it PS3 exclusive wasn't that they need to make it more like Call of Duty and less like Dust 514.

Other than that. Team Fortress 2 is a decent one. The medic and engineer are both pretty fun to play support classes. The engineer builds turrets and dispensaries that deliver powerful point control and the ability to replenish ammo. The medic heals allies and has an ability that can temporarily turn allies invincible (One of the counters useful in breaking past an engineers turrets BTW.) It's a bit cartoonish/silly but overall a pretty decent game.
    LynxJSA
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2017
    dreamer05 said:
    Anyone played Battlefield 1?
    played a couple matches then moved on. IMO its much better/enjoyable than BF3 and BF4, but i dont know, it wasn't my cup of tea.

Also, if anyone is interested in stats
    http://bf1stats.com/

It seems people really still don't accept Origin.
    Post edited by rojoArcueid on

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Planetside 2 .. in fact, one of the easiest way to gain certs (i.e. skill points) is to heal. You don't even need to talk to anyone. Just run up and start healing. 
    rodingo
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Defiance too has powers and weapons you can heal with.
    LynxJSA
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Rainbow 6; Siege has a rather nice doctor as healer and plenty of support character depending on how you define the word "support". It is fun, try it. :)
    [Deleted User]
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    teso
    Octagon7711Gorwe
  • SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Planetside 2 is great with the engineer and medic classes for support, use your engineer for resupplying ammo, repairing, planting claymores/mines and using turrets for suppressing fire, or use a medic to keep your squad in the fight.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2017
    What exactly is a HUGE following if Overwatch doesn't have a huge following? Paladins population isn't bad either...

But Battlefront 2 should be coming out soon as well shouldn't it?
    Sagethorn said:
    Planetside 2 is great with the engineer and medic classes for support, use your engineer for resupplying ammo, repairing, planting claymores/mines and using turrets for suppressing fire, or use a medic to keep your squad in the fight.

and they are great targets for snipers. I have got multiple newbie engineers or medics standing still while healing/repairing. 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Yeah, that major fps game is a bit odd, and BF's medic is fun, it's not a classic "healer" class. The old BF:H had a real healer/support (the soldier) but that was more like a funny little game, not a "major fps".

I agree with the few above saying PS2, you really can heal there, and it is pretty major.
    [Deleted User]
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Overwatch reached 30+ million players months ago. If that's not big enough of a following for you, then I have some bad news...
    LynxJSA
    Forgrimm said:
    Overwatch reached 30+ million players months ago. If that's not big enough of a following for you, then I have some bad news...
    I only said Overwatch doesn't seem like an actual shooter. And I prefer Paladins over Overwatch anyway.
    LynxJSA

dreamer05 said:
    Forgrimm said:
    I only said Overwatch doesn't seem like an actual shooter. And I prefer Paladins over Overwatch anyway.
    lol .. what is "doesn't seem like an actual shooter"?

Does it have guns? Check. Can you aim? Check. Can you shooter your enemy? Check. 

And so what if you prefer Paladins. 30+M players are 30+M players. No one is asking for your approval. 
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    darkfall!!! pick up some robes and grind for a week and you can be a healing savior

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Haven't tried it yet but one of my friends was describing a game called Heros and Generals to me last night. Freemium MMOFPS set in World War II that has vehicles and support classes. All hearsay but it sounds like a pretty solid title.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Planetside 2 would be your best, and probably most rewarding, bet.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• HandsomeHussHandsomeHuss Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Going to add Killing Floor 2. Its a co-op game with zombies - kind of like Left 4 Dead but with actual FPS mechanics. Different classes, one of which is Medic, who's rifle also shoots healing darts at teammates. SOME RPG elements/progression as you level up each class and get bonuses to their stats/perks. Super fun to play, but gets repetitive fairly quick IMO. Worth a look if youre looking for a coop FPS with healing.