Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dark and Light] Do you like it so far?!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2017
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/466886/early-access#latest

To answer you directly though, given Snail game's track record, I see this game going f2p no later than next year.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Having fun so far, and reviews are getting better. Prob just salty peeps, while others dont bother with review and just play the game.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    antialiasing issue in the screens?
    Dunno, just did it on low. I never like AA

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    how's the performance?
    Galadourn said:
    how's the performance?
    With those settings (50+ fps):

KyleranGaladourn

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    What are your specs? 1080 Ti? cause nobody with a 1070/1080 can run it with tho's good graphics.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Wasn't optimized at all for my machine.  Got the lowest framerates I have ever gotten.  Refunded it.  They should have worked on this a little more before pushing it out.  Felt like they were scared of other games releasing and taking the customers away so they rushed it.
    Hachlath
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Sorry is it on Steam how are you playing it. I have been out of the loop.

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    that realy a crap game who should still be in early alpha, it got bad optimisation, nothing to do, bad graphic... alot of bugs.

imo they just scraped it, they build some hype and get some sucker. im not expecting it to improve that much, forever early acess from now with very low support
    KyleranHachlath
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    It's really a version of Ark, and it was quite predictable, I believe they use the same modified engine as Ark and may even be developed by same people as the companies were rumored to be tied together.

This creates the review bombing because Ark gets a lot of salty people that they release several early access games, even DLC in early access and the main game isn't releasing, if the companies really tie that may be why they didn't want association made with Dark and Light.

A side of that, I have played and refunded, I really was hoping the game drove away from the Ark way of things and could be more of one RPG/PvE, but it is what it is so who likes it will have fun with it.
    Phry
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Picked it up for $25 on sale and played for about an hour. Still very rough but I liked what I saw and look forward to really diving in when its more ready. :)

Dragnelus
    Signex said:
    What are your specs? 1080 Ti? cause nobody with a 1070/1080 can run it with tho's good graphics.
    Just 1070, lagg/ms on officials are bad. They need alot of improvements, like hitting a bush does sometimes nothing for me. But so far I like it, ark in magic world. I didnt like the scifi.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    k61977 said:
    Wasn't optimized at all for my machine.  Got the lowest framerates I have ever gotten.  Refunded it.  They should have worked on this a little more before pushing it out.  Felt like they were scared of other games releasing and taking the customers away so they rushed it.
    They had to release it because Citadel is coming out next week. It would have been another Battleborn/Overwatch scenario.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Didn't I play this game before?  It was called Ark I believe, but this seems worse somehow.  I hoped but alas disappointment reigns again.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sounds like early access is not going well, probably a good idea to wait for them to finish the game, assuming it ever is, this could well be one of those games that remains in perpetual early access, and even has DLC while being in early access.
    Based on previous comments, i'd have to go with, avoid game until finished. :/
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    For all of the complaints against Ark it still sold over 5M copies.

As gamers appear willing to shell out money in droves for early access titles regardless of quality as long as it's at a "discount."

They've got nothing to lose really by going this route until people stop flocking to every new release.  (Which isn't likely to happen)

ConstantineMerusSlapshot1188Azaron_Nightblade

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited July 2017
    alot of the issues with framerates etc are the servers. The us servers are bad i dont know why but the EU servers work great. I was having major framerate issues just loading into the us servers, but none of the same issues on the EU server, found a EU ping around 90 for me from canada. Alot of people are saying its running like shit but its a mostly server issues. Havnt played much yet but like what i see so far. 

As for it looking like ark, snail games owns wildcard eg all of ark's assests. this game runs on the same engine as ark, its simple business to use whats already available to you. I would like to see some of the models sounds change, i imagine some are just place holders for now

also watched acouple hours of it streamed from djtech off mmorpg live stream and he was having very little issues performance wise, and again he was on a EU server
    Kyleran
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    Hachlath
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    DMKano said:
    ita a shittier version of Ark.

Never thought Id see the day when MMO actually match my expectations.

DMKano said:
    Kyleran said:

As gamers appear willing to shell out money in droves for early access titles regardless of quality as long as it's at a "discount."

They've got nothing to lose really by going this route until people stop flocking to every new release.  (Which isn't likely to happen)

I play Ark - and thats actually a good game.

This on the other hand is a like a bug ridden, runs like a turd, cheap ripoff version.

I honestly dont understand how anyone could play this currently as its just an unplayable pile of poo

This is the exact reason why steam offers a refund program, I am shocked that some are willingly not taking advantage of refund for hope of this train wreck getting fixed?

/facepalm
    Or you can wait for either of the games to actually release, read some post-launch reviews and then make an educated decision whether you should buy them or not.

That's what I do. Be smart. Be like me.
    Well my approach mirrors yours but he did it right by giving it a try and quickly getting a refund under Steams 2 hr trial policy 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    edited July 2017
    DMKano said:
    Kyleran said:

This on the other hand is a like a bug ridden, runs like a turd, cheap ripoff version.

I honestly dont understand how anyone could play this currently as its just an unplayable pile of poo

This is the exact reason why steam offers a refund program, I am shocked that some are willingly not taking advantage of refund for hope of this train wreck getting fixed?

/facepalm
    Ark was just as bug ridden, STILL RUNS LIKE A TURD, and a rip off of many other survival games. 7 days to die, Ark, and Rust all got shit when EA launched. You bought into a fresh EA game. If you didnt expect it to be really rough, I dont know what to tell you. 

As far as liking the game? I do, it has massive potential. All these people claiming Citadel is gonna be better probably have a rude awakening coming tomorrow when the beta opens up. Im gonna get both as I really want a fantasy survival game thats not Conan Exiles.
    Kyleran

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited July 2017
    Raquis said:
    The "gameplay" trailer looks great. What I've seen from streamers is quite different.

DSWBeef said:
    DMKano said:
    Kyleran said:

/facepalm
    Ark was just as bug ridden, STILL RUNS LIKE A TURD, and a rip off of many other survival games. 7 days to die, Ark, and Rust all got shit when EA launched. You bought into a fresh EA game. If you didnt expect it to be really rough, I dont know what to tell you. 

As far as liking the game? I do, it has massive potential. All these people claiming Citadel is gonna be better probably have a rude awakening coming tomorrow when the beta opens up. Im gonna get both as I really want a fantasy survival game thats not Conan Exiles.
    Agreed. Early Access + Survival Game = low quality at first release.

Pretty much a universal law from my observations.

In fact I'm still waiting for the holy grail, a high quality, full featured, & released survival game so I can finally give the genre a try.
    Octagon7711

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Raquis said:
    The "gameplay" trailer looks great. What I've seen from streamers is quite different.

Seems just as rough as DNL. And TBH I like survival elements. This just seems like its a Mage Pseudo MMO thats gonna be decent. Both have potential, When you buy into a EA game you buy into the hope that it will be amazing down the line. I did this with 7DTD and I think even in its current stage of Alpha 16.1 its fantastic. If DnL OR Citadel gets the same attention that the Fun pimps give 7DTD then we have a bright future with these 2 games. 

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation